“Holiday 2014 Turks and Caicos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

Save Saved
You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Red Lane® Spa Bonanza!!
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
“Holiday 2014 Turks and Caicos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We took our family holiday here after previously staying at the amazing beaches resort in Negril.

The resort, food and staff are absolutely amazing and so many of
the team here made out stay memorable.

Despite being have our flight cancelled by BA the team here took every effort to ensure we were well looked after and ended up staying an extra 6 days while we waited for the next available flight.

A big thanks has to go to Tamara at Iguana Pool, who every day looked after us so well and nothing was
Ever to much trouble.

Highly recommend you visit, beautiful island, amazing people and great resort.

Stayed August 2014

6,142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,522)
LONG ISLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The world is at your fingertips at Beaches Turks and Caicos! Great FIVE STAR dinning, many pools, crystal clear ocean, GREAT for kids of all ages BUT (and there's always a but) there are short comings...and it's a shame....The rooms are not as they are depicted in photos and really lack the luxuries of other resorts. For example, our terrace was LESS THAN 3 FEET WIDE! Try relaxing with your wife and child on that! The bathroom was reminissant of a MOTEL 6 rather than a luxury resort. (and I saw roaches; didn't tell my wife or she would have ran out the door.) The room had no bar, not even a single can of beer in the fridge (the bottled water wasn't fit to drink by man or beast) I asked housekeeping for a couple of beers in the fridge and she refused, flat out refused. When have you ever visited a hotel when there was no hotel stationary, desk pad of paper or hotel pen in the room? Nothing at Beaches...OCEAN VIEW? What's that? I think I caught a view of something blue but I can't be sure. Yes we paid extra for Ocean view but the front desk told us we were mistaken because they do not sell ocean view rooms in the carribean village....came home looked at the web site and YES they do! WE paid $12,000 for FIVE nights (in two rooms because we traveled with family...) Yes that is correct $12,000 and not even a can of beer. HOUSEKEEPING is terrible! On our first full day at the resort we left the room at 10am...I saw the maid and told her we were out and would appreciate service...came back at 1pm....nothing done. Left the room again, told the maid again and her supervisor who just happened to be standing there with a clip-board, that we were going out and would appreciate service....returned at 4pm..,.room not done....I called the front desk, asked for the hotel manager and finally at about 6pm the maid came!!!! Sweep the floor, vacuum my 3 foot wide terrace....done only once in five nights. WOW, that's not luxury but it did cost $12,0000!!!
ARIZONA Restaurant was my favorite....The Beach was beautiful and the resort is ALL about families; don't even think about a romantic couples vacation at BEACHES; it's ALL about the kids. Wait staff was very competent...ALL food was well above average, breakfast, lunch and dinner, grounds were well maintained, pools seemed to be open 24/7 (don't know how they keep them clean.) Many, many children's activities for all ages which are well supervised.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

my family and I traveled to beaches Turks and Caicos week of 8/18/24. I honestly must say the beginining of out trip was amazing. we were greated graciously by staff and checked right into our key west room which not to mention was beautiful. the room was immaculate and staff was great. the grounds were beautiful and the food was good ( small portions though) which was no biggie, just order more!!! lol. I truthfully must say the buffets were good too. overall trip was great.

Then Crisotbal hit. It was the day we were scheduled to leave which was 8/24. We were notified by Jet Blue flights were cancelled. I then notified the front desk staff of plane cancellation and it seemed like a frenzy. We were told we must leave our room and they would give us another one due to the fact someone was supposedly coming into that room. Seriously do you think I was born yesterday, all flights were cancelled and their airport was closed, did these new guests fall out of the sky??? no one was coming in!!! so while it was pouring rain and extremely windy my family and I were moved to another section of the hotel , the French Village despite our requests to keep us in key west area. Not to mention, The desk staff was shouting to all the guests in the lobby, it will not be the same room! ( very unprofessional).. And they love to continually say the 1st night was free and after that you would have to pay $500.00/per night...i appreciate the free night, but we were trapped there it was not our fault, so why penalize everyone and charge them...the hotel has insurance and gets paid in hurricanes or tropical storms for guests that do not arrive...its called insurance.....So off we go to the new section, I must say the room was MUCH smaller and truthfully, dingy and yes it had bugs on the furniture, little tiny black bugs. my view now was of roosters and chickens and a building top with trees and tons of rain! also we almost had our very own swimming pool in the room, yes the rain was coming down so quickly and coming in thru the front door, we had to place towels to stop it. Again I notified staff, nothing done, about bugs either. I had asked several times to be moved back to key west or to another room, and was told due to the storm they were unable to move me, Really, you moved me out of my room during a storm???. amongst my several attempts to be moved , after speaking to managers and promised phone calls back, nothing happened and no return calls back. We were disgusted. Also no housekeeping or clean towels either ( my towels were soaked on the floor keeping the rain out), Then the power went out Great!!! no flashlights, no emergency lights, nothing!!! the kicker was , my husband was in our bug room doing his fantasy football draft ( gotta love him), and the maids came in at 10pm at night to make the beds?? its 10 pm!! we are going in the bed, not to mention the front doors opened right up now ( no electricity, no key card needed), WoW!!! Also, all activities were cancelled, yes I understand outdoor activities, but indoor?? and no one knew about anything...we walked in the rain from place to place to find something to do and nothing! we were shot around like ping pong balls! Basically I am very upset with this whole experience since I was lied to. I did walk back to key west and no-one was in my old room, the maid had saw me and thought I was still in my original room and said no one was in there since my family. there were plenty of rooms open to be moved too! they were no-way at full capacity! if you went on their website to book a room there were plenty!!!! overall when a crisis hits the staff doesn't know what to do or how to treat guests. I truthfully was going to book next year again as well as sandals in Jamaicia for Janruary and I am really rethinking both trips since they put such a bad taste in my mouth and continued to lie to us and all other guests. They needed to have some compassion instead of being snippy and lairs...I understand they were probably nervous as well, but they were home, we weren't and couldn't get home!!!! Guests there were great...we all talked and hung out together (there was nothing else to do!!), and I have to say I honestly felt bad for them...Jet blue was our airline and was fantastic... they saw the problem and continued to add additional flights to try and get customers out of there asap.. if you flew us air, nothing!!! people were stuck there until Sept 2nd!!! at 500/night.. I left on the 26th... that adds up quickly!!!, as I may have mentioned , and yes folks I am sorry, I do go on and on and on!!! in a crisis situation beaches did poorly...treated guests like crap and just didn't care!!! what ashame!

Room Tip: do not choose French village. dirty dingy and bugs crawling all over furniture..
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just returned from a week at this excellent resort. My family and I stayed 8/16-8/23 and had the most fabulous time. We stayed in a two bedroom butler suite. We had two fantastic butlers in Arnold and Andrew. Arnold provided the most wonderful, comprehensive service during our days and Andrew took over at night. But the most incredible part was that I left my jacket in my room on departure. When I called to see if it could be found and mailed to me, I was told my wonderful butler Arnold had found it and had already sent it by driver to the airport for me. I received my jacket with plenty of time to spare before my flight departure. That was incredible!
I had my 3 year old with me and everyday Jason and Nicole made coming back to the room special. Jason makes the most imaginative "towel animals" that kept my son impressed everyday and that's not easy to do with a 3 year old.
If you are looking for a wonderful beach, excellent service, accommodations and dining that will fit ages ranging from 3-94 this is your place.
Excellent job everyone, we will be back!

Room Tip: Key west rooms are quiet.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at Beaches from 8/5-8/12/2014. Wonderful Vacation. We found the accommodations, the surroundings and most certainly the staff to be superb and unmatched. Our villa in the new Key West area was perfect for our family of four (son,15 & daughter,11). My husband and I had a master bedroom and the kids shared the second bedroom. There was a trundle daybed in the living which one of the kids could have used as well. The beaches, the water and the sunset views were breathtaking. We had two snorkeling excursions which were safe, wonderful and unforgettable. They were the Kitty Kat Cruise and the Beaches own snorkel cruise (which is free). We cannot rave enough about the staff. Huge smiles and a sense of humor greeted us everyday. The culture of the resort is wonderful. There is no tipping so the entire staff is simply doing a great job so that our experience is relaxing, enjoyable and stress-free. During the day we enjoyed the gorgeous beach and ate in many of the different, comfortable, elegant and casual restaurants. In the evening, there was always some sort of show on the Main Stage performed by the staff that we would attend and some nights we would simply sit and listen to the waves. From 9:00 to 11:00 our kids would go to Club Liquid for tween and teen dancing and then hit the diner for burgers and shakes (open until 2am). They loved going there as it gave them an opportunity to meet up with friends they had met during the day on the beach or at the water park. All of this was done on the grounds so, as parents, you knew that your children were safe. And…if you are feeling really luxurious, add on a butler. It's a pricey add-on but worth every penny for impeccable service and no waiting in lines for snorkel gear, reservations at a restaurant, etc.This trip will be a huge, wonderful family memory for us. We look forward to going back as many other families (that we met) have done for years.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First of all let me say, I arrived at Beaches on August 21st. Our first two days were awesome. The staff was great, housekeeping very attentive and the resort was beautiful. Than, Tropical Storm Cristobal hit. Granted, I truly understand this is no one's fault the weather was bad. I can see the staff tried to keep things going despite all the rain. But, I stayed in Key West and paid extra for concierge service, that is where I see a flaw in the system. They were not helpful at all getting out information about the storm. Our cable was out and we could not follow the weather channel. When you asked them what's going on they would say " we don't know." Even though the "staff" was telling me the roads were flooded and the busing system was down. On Sunday, we packed our bags knowing we had a flight out on Monday. The airport was closed. So, I was trying to make a back up plan for our return, but still no answers. Guests in the other villages were telling us they can't get out until the next weekend and that the resort said to call your airline to change your flight. The concierge in the lobby directed me to a corner phone to call. Delta already rebooked us. So, Monday morning I get up at 7am and call the concierge and asked if the airport was open. Again, "we don't know." They recommended staying in your room and they will call us. That never happened. So, again, I go to the lobby and use the phone. This time the operator says she doesn't have Delta's number! I go to the desk and they call her and she tells them she is busy and will call my room in 10 minutes. Again, never received a call. I call Delta and they say the airport is closed. Finally, on Tuesday I go to the front desk and ask is the airport open. They tell me at noon than at 2pm. The manager doesn't even look at me as I am speaking so I walk away and call Delta. Yes, the airport is open. The manager later tells my husband to leave ASAP to make sure we have a seat. I told him there was no need we were confirmed. He was worried so we left at noon. Our flight wasn't until 4pm. We sat at the airport from 12:30 until 5pm (flight delayed) with thousands of others. By the way, airport was under construction. I'm sure under normal circumstances it would not have been that hot and crowded.

Here is my recommendation. Beaches did not operate with a "crisis management plan" they were in panic mode. There was no plan B for any storm. One would think you live in the tropics you need to have something in place. It was hard to get any info on what was really going on and what we needed to do to get out. It wasn't until the cab ride over we heard on the local radio over a foot of rain fell, streets were flooded and homes were ruined and the price gauging was going on ( we were told 500 dollars after a comp day) all over the island.
We saw the flooding and knew how hard the staff tried to make it to work despite their own horrible situations. You could blast out messages on the phone, send out a quick newsletter or at least return calls when you say you will.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at Beaches for ten days during July/August - My husband, 17 year old son and myself were excited to enjoy the fine service and hospitality and the "concierge" plus the choice of 19 restaurants and the various activities. It was an experience and one that we won't repeat, neither recommend.

1. Restaurants - there are 19 - we eat very healthy at home and discovered that deep frying and grease are at a number of them. Marios is the best choice because you get to pick exactly what you want and it can be healthy - it's a buffet. We usually had breakfast and lunch there - the problem is there are no reservations at ANY of these restaurants except Kimonos it's all first come first serve unless of course you have butler service- Dress restrictions were not adhered to - at a number of spots. Bathing suit tops were a regular at lunch at Marios. The only place you can have a latte is Cafe de Paris so when we had to wait in line for 30 minutes at Marios my husband would go over to the french village and get us lattes. In the am they offer while you wait a coffee urn as well as champagne bucket with an orange juice jug, at Marios THe champagne is always empty and the urn never has coffee in - We felt like we were lining up at Denny's every morning. When you pay $1200.00 a night it just doesn't seem right. A women name Rose works at Mario's I am not sure what she actually does. She looks like Miss Turks and Caicos, but one wonders if she is there for a specific reason - an ideal job would be to serve coffee or mimosa's to the line of people waiting to be seated and communicate with everyone - it would be fabulous PR

2. We stayed in Key West in a one bedroom Villa in 6509 ground level and it was perfect. It was a good choice for what we required and the small pool was just in front of the building.

3 The gym is hot. They would do well getting a few fans whether on the ceiling or stand up ones. On the last day we were there the doors were open and it was even hotter. There was only one day that I discovered they had no towels and called for more.

4. Snorkels - it said there was unlimited use. Each time my son and I went to get snorkels and masks they were out - couldn't tell us when there would be more. The very first time I asked the guy was very abrupt and said were out. I asked how many there were and he turned his back to me., There is a two hour limit which is fine - my advice is bring your own less hassle. Then you get unlimited snorkeling.

5. Wanted to paddleboard as well as ride the big water bike. If there is a flag of a certain colour they are not allowed out - the water seemed calm everyday - except one when we had crazy rain (Sunday) but the same flag was out the entire 10 days of vacation. What a shame - would have loved to have paddleboard

6. Communication. First language in the Turks and Caicos is English - in the first few days we found employees didn't understand us - we are Canadian and speak very good english - we realized that there are a lot of foreign workers which english is not their first language. Found this out after we inquired with staff. We loved the filipinos they have got a way about serving the hospitality industry whether it is Maids, Bar tenders or servers - loved them all.

7. Concierge is really a front desk. In north america a concierge makes dinner reservations but there is only one place to reserve at Beaches. When we did check in we were asked to fill in forms that I had already filled in on my computer in Canada as that would be the purpose of pre registering - I gave my credit card. THen we sat there. After 20 minutes I asked for help - Where is our room I said? It was after 3pm Oh they didn't know if it was clean! Welcome to Beaches. Unfortunately United AIrlines lost all our luggage for about 30 hours - The day after we had checked in I asked the front desk to help me with a contact of United Airlines - they told me they don't deal with luggage. I was taken aback - REALLY? finally I went to the front desk and just sat there til someone helped me - my husband went so far as to have a Beaches vehicle drive him to the airport when the UA flight had come in- we did end up with our luggage but it was UA that delivered it. When I was going to make the calls myself to UA I was told by the operator that the charge is $2.20 a minute to make a local call! That's all inclusive?

8. Liquor is another thing - my husband and I are wine drinkers we like nice wine with our meals. So the house wine isn't all that fine but they do have other choices but you pay dearly - a bottle of white that I can buy in Canada for $13.00 sells for $43.00 at Beaches - my advice is anyone going and likes wine bring your own in your luggage and have pre dinner drinks on the patio before dinner. Cause you won't be getting fine wine here.

9. Grace Bay is the best an ideal spot and beach to walk along - remember that it is NOT a private beach at Beaches - watch your items if you leave them to swim in the ocean.

Our family made it the best of what we had to deal with - we had a few laughs of how we paid all this money for a 3 star vacation that was all inclusive. we won't be back - neither would we recommend it to any of our friends and family-

Room Tip: LOVED Key West, if there is small children stay in the Italian Village
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!