Returned from Beaches two days ago, and already dreaming about my return trip. Most aspects of this resort are incredible, while even the worst aren't all that bad.
We originally were booked in the Caribbean Village, however they up graded us to a suite in the Italian Village for our last 2 nights. It is absolutely gorgeous, and we will surely stay in the Italian Village when we return. The resort is very large, but it is not more than a few minutes walk from any village to any other. Each is beautifully decorated and worth a visit. The Italian is the busiest and most centrally located, while Key West is the quietest. French and Caribbean fall somewhere in between.
Location-The resort is a quick and easy ride from the airport. Its not the most scenic of drives but it's over before you know it. Once you arrive, you are met by beauty at every turn. The beach on Grace Bay is easily the most fantastic beach I have ever been to. Weather was amazing every day. On the rare occasion of rain, it rained for 3-5 minutes before quitting for the rest of the day.
Beach-Breathtaking, gorgeous, spectacular. The water is indisputably the bluest, clearest, and warmest of any beach I've been to. We never had a problem finding chairs, though finding chairs in the shade is a little harder. Included activities (snorkeling gear, kayaks, hobie cats, etc.) are very fun. The wait for them (if any) is never long. Definitely take at least one guided hobie cat ride (preferably by Orel, he was awesome). There are people that walk up and down the beach trying to sell banana boat rides, parasailing, hair braiding, etc., but they easily move on after a quick "no thanks". We actually took a banana boat ride, which was very fun.
Pools-All the pools are beautiful. Spend at least a little time at each. The only one that ever felt a bit crowded was the Caribbean pool, but only during mid-day. We felt the temperature was perfect- refreshing, yet not so cold that you couldn't drink a cold slushy in the pool without shivering. My personal favorite was the Italian pool.
Food- As a family of foodies, that expect the best wherever we go, we were pleasantly surprised. For an all-inclusive, the food was of very high quality. Even the buffets were well maintained and thought out. The best restaurants were Neptune's (great breakfast and dinner), Le Petit Chateau (incredible dinner), Sky/Bayside (breakfast buffet), Arizona's (lunch), and Cafe De Paris (coffee and pastries anytime). Also try Schooners and Barefoot by the Sea. Kimono's (the hibachi restaurant) was extremely loud, with average food. Won't be returning there next time.
Service/Rooms- Service was always good, and most of the workers were very nice. We found the nicest workers were from Jamaica, and had a wonderful Jamaican spirit. Both rooms were clean, well-stocked, and comfortable. No complaints whatsoever.
Nightlife- For teens, there is the teen club, but most just walk around and get ice cream at Bobby Dee's. For everyone, there are shows at the French Village, and live music and dancing outside Bayside. Multiple bars with music for adults. Honestly though, after dinner, we were usually so tired that relaxing out on a couch, or by the pier was a nice enough ending to the day.
Overall- Fantastic, cannot wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario"s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Travelocity so you can book your Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa Providenciales