“Best Family Vacation We've Ever Taken” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 65%!
Ranked #14 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Family Vacation We've Ever Taken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Where do I even begin - there is so much to tell. We just returned from a 7 day stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos last Tuesday. It was myself, my husband and our four kids who range in age from 15 to 5. We had a fabulous time. We travel often - usually three trips a year - and we have stayed all over including high end resorts like the Ritz in St. Thomas and the Four Seasons in Maui so our expectations were high. I have many friends who have recommended this resort to me over time so we decided to give it a try. (In general, I am skeptical of all-inclusives because I worry the service and food quality will not be up to par.) After booking but before we went, I must admit I had a bit of sticker shock and I was joking with my friends that at the price it better be the best vacation we ever take. Little did I know, my saying that turned out to be prophetic. The resort blew all of our expectations away!

First off, up until now, I have had the impression (right or wrong), from all our travels, that the service in the Caribbean is substandard to other places we travel to. We stayed at the Atlantis in the Bahamas and the staff acted like we were putting them out by being there, for example. So, I went into this vacation thinking we would have more of the same - boy was I wrong. It sounds like since Beaches started in Jamaica, many of the staff are relocated to Provo from Jamaica and most of them had such a wonderful, helpful attitude. From the ladies who made up our room to the guys behind the bar at Turtles to the waiters who cared enough to grab our camera off our table and take a family picture of us at dinner, these are a wonderful group of people.

We had been to Provodenciales before (stayed in a house on the beach four years ago) so we expected the natural beauty of the Grace Beach. (The only beach we've ever been to that rivals the beauty of Grace beach is one on St. James, but it was part of a protected preserve and was so undeveloped, you had to bring in your own drinks, etc.) So, go in expecting to think this is one of the most pristine, beautiful beaches in the world - you will not be disappointed.

I also worried that it would not be warm enough. For the past several years, we have been going to the Mexican Riviera for Christmas break vacation and some years, especially on cloudy days, it can be a little chilly, especially if you are swimming. When I looked at the map, Providenciales is lateral to where we go in mexico, so I thought it may be chilly, but I was wrong about that. In 7 days we hardly had a cloud in the sky and we were never cold, even when my kids swam at night (I never confirmed this, but I am pretty sure the pools are heated).

Since we went over New Year's, we were told it was the high time for the resort and it was filled to capacity. I even tried to add an extra day to achieve more favorable airfare after I booked and the resort could not accommodate us because it was totally filled. Because I knew that it was totally full, I was worried that since it was so crowded, there would be lines for things and no chairs available. Amazingly, even though the resort was at full capacity, we had very little wait and we could find chairs whenever we wanted at any time on the beach or by pretty much any pool (and we moved around a lot to follow our kids around). We also felt the resort was OVERstaffed - how many times do you hear someone say that in a review? The employees (who are wonderful people, by the way) were tripping over themselves to help us. On one occasion, I saw a waitress drop and break a glass and this other employee came running up behind her with a broom and a dustpan and cleaned it up immediately like Johnny on the spot. Wow!

There are four "villages". Carribean is the oldest, and it shows from the outside, but the inside of the rooms are all redone. We spent our first two nights in Carribean Village and then moved over to the Italian Village for the other five. Italian Village is in the center of all the action and the rooms are all built around it's one, giant pool. It is only a few years old so it is new so it is nicer. Staying in Carribean Village is like staying in an older home where the inside has been updated, while staying in the Italian Village is like staying in a new construction home. We did not see the inside of the French Village rooms, but it is in a much more remote location and we noted that only the ground levels had walkouts - no balconies for the upper levels - so it would not be possible to sit outside in the morning and enjoy your coffee in many of their rooms. We spent a fair amount of time in the Key West Village pools. It is a very different feel over there - more compartmentalized, but very nice. They have a few, small pools nestled inside the buildings. We did not see the insides of the rooms, but judging from the exterior, I am sure they are nice and probably more on par with Italian Village. It is interesting to note that the resort did not build Key West village, it was a development next door that they acquired and added on so while we were there, it still had people staying there who were under the first regime, and that might be why we thought it felt underpopulated over there.

The food and drinks everywhere in the resort were ridiculously good. The phrase I used with my husband was "even more" because even though our expectations were already blown away, we kept encountering more wows. Like, an employee with a cart of nachos and hot dog on the beach or a gigantic dessert table erected in the middle of the French Village, or an employee walking around with a tray of warm chocolate chip cookies by the pool, or my kids being able to get cotton candy on a stick whenever they wanted, or a midnight burger that was fantastic at Cricketeers or a 2 a.m. run to Bobby D's to get cheese fries or onion rings or a burger. Basically, anything you desire is there 24 hours a day and it is all very high quality and included (my kids kept saying "free" and we had to repeatedly set them straight :-) ) We had wonderful Grouper at Schooners and the beef tenderloin at Barefoot on the Beach rivaled Mortons. We are normally a healthy eating type family, but we were all having trouble controlling our intake! I am talking white tablecloth dining, breakfast, lunch and dinner - 5 star dining at every single meal with choices upon choices upon choices. You should have seen the lunch and dinner buffets - it blew our minds each and every time.

All the scuba is included, although we did not do it since we still have a little one, but an employee did take us out on a Hobie Cat ride, which was fun and his attitude was great so we laughed the whole time. You can check out scuba gear and walk down the beach and snorkel off the shore, which we did, but we didn't think it was great (my husband and I have a diving background so our expectations may be too high in this area).

In summary, the place is truly paradise. Yes, expensive, but for a good reason. You really do get what you pay for (and I didn't mention that the other guests were all high quality people so you didn't have to worry about theft by the pool or anything like that). All of my well traveled kids said it was the best vacation they've ever had and none of us wanted to leave. We met several other people who come every year - the place has sort of a cult following - and we are going to be joining in. My only regret is that I didn't find this place sooner! Thank you Beaches Turks and Caicos for giving our family a fantastic, memorable, high quality vacation like no other. My taking the time to write this review is the best way I can think of to thank you for an incredible job well done.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

5,933 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,438)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been going to this resort for 15 years now and I can easily say this is the greatest vacation spot for a family in the world. The staff there is amazing and the experience is even better. Whether it was the bartenders at Turtles Bar (Aiken, Alexanda, David), the entertainment staff (Corey, Oral, Cordero), or the staff for snorkeling (Brunel, Max, Tuna), they really do an amazing job. If you ever need an amazing place to go with a family definitely choose here you will not regret it. Great for kids of all ages and even great for families with college students. It really is the perfect spot.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
South Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We traveled with our 5 children in June, 2013. The food, water park, beach, SCUBA and entire trip were fantastic! We recommend this to all our friends. The SCUBA diving is amazing. My daughter was fairly new to SCUBA diving (no real Ocean diving experience). She was a pro by the time we finished. We dove every day and did a night dive. The water was warm and CLEAR! No need for wet suits. If you are wondering if you should go - Go!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Family of 16. Only accolades and kudos. Grandchildren did not want to go home. Enjoyed all the ambiance and setting. mWonderful trip. will do it again.
The butler service that came with the villa was outstanding.

Room Tip: Rented a villa. Outstanding!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This was my first trip to both Turks and to an all inclusive Sandals property and I was blown away by many aspects of our getaway From the greeting and seamless check in process to the similarly seamless check out we had a delightful vacation. We stayed in Key West Village which represents the newer addition to the property. Beautiful two bedroom condo with full kitchen, a constantly stocked fridge (beer, wine, juice, soda, and water), washer and dryer with laundry soap provided, full living and dining room (the couch converts to a trundle bed if necessary) and flat screens throughout. The only odd part of the arrangement was the bathroom configuration; the "Master" had a beautiful, full size jacuzzi tub, but no shower. The second bathroom was not attached to the second bedroom but it had a big shower and no tub. Both bedrooms had only one King size bed.
The beach and water were spectacular. Plenty of nice lounge chairs even during peak time and plenty of lifeguards and cocktail servers. For an all inclusive experience, I was surprised at their generous bartenders and availability of quality spirits. Water sports were abundant, and there were ample activities for kids of all ages. The service by the staff was better than or equal to any provided by a Ritz or Four Seasons. Always a smile and a willingness to solve a problem. Our concierge came by nightly to check on our day, bring us a snack and help us with any aspect of our stay. The fitness facility was clean, well maintained and fully equipped with the basics. The only thing that keeps this from being a 5 Star review is the food. Average for the most part though the seafood offerings were good. Out of 15+ restaurants, we found two that were above average in flavor and/or quality. If you are seeking a culinary adventure, this is not the resort for you.
Overall great experience such that we are looking at other Sandals properties to add to our vacation wish list.

Room Tip: The Butler's suites are as close to the water as you can get. Key West Village is the newest and...
Ajax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My Family and I traveled to Beaches Turks and Caicos From Dec. 14th to Dec. 21st, 2013. From the time we arrived to our last day we were treated like Family. All of the Employee's from the Maids who cleaned our Room, the Bartender's who made us wonderful drinks, three in particular from the Italian Village.... Judy, Byron and Ritchie.... to Eleanor in the Public Relations office, were nothing but the best, so kind and friendly. This trip was a choice that my son made from a Wish he was granted by "The Children's Wish Foundation". His wish was to take his family on a vacation where we could relax and spend some quality time together... . Beaches Turks and Caicos was recommended by friends that went there a few years ago....we certainly did relax. Every morning we would eat our breakfast at the buffet at the Caribbean Village "Reflections" where our room was, great food and wonderful service. One morning we went to Mario's buffet that was great as well. Our afternoon was either at the Beach, at one of the great poolside bars or on a wonderful excursion. We chose the underwater boat that took us out of the resort to view all the wonderful Coral Reefs and fish/turtles that live there ,and the Kitty Kat cruise, where we snorkeled and saw the habitat of the Iguana's. Both were well worth it, so much fun. Our favourite was the Kitty Kat Cruise. In the evening we would get ready for Dinner, trying to choose where we would eat was hard because they had so many restaurant's with a wide selection of food. Our favourite was probably Kimono's, a Chef would prepare the food in front of you, great tasting food and he was pretty entertaining while he was cooking it. The boys would probably consider Arizona's best because they had great tasting Steaks. In all the food was excellent. After dinner we would go to the stage where every night they would have entertainment, both singing and dancing. All so talented. My family and I would recommend this Resort to anyone who would like to spend time with your family. We will never forget Beaches Turks and Caicos, we are hoping to return here someday.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our teenager and young adult kids put their stamp of approval on Beaches Turks and Caicos.The water activities kept them busy all day, and they were very content with the delicious food available all over the resort. The PADI course at the resort is delivered in a thoroughly professional and informative manner. DK from scuba taught my husband and son their course and they commented on his excellent knowledge and skills. The snorkelling is amazing, and sailing is fun. After morning scuba dives or snorkelling, our kids were more than happy to run to Arizona"s for ribs, jerk chicken and jamaican patties. The food is really, really good.It is very quiet at night, however older kids do meet at the Club Liquid and have fun.
Beaches is beautiful, clean and the food is very good. The adult only restaurants has delicious choices such as lobster tails and rack of lamb. All the buffets are clean with great selections of fresh fruits and vegetables. We stayed in the caribbean Honeymoon one bedroom concierge suite which was spacious and very clean ( thank you Debbie). The room is older, however it is very well arranged and met all our needs. The Beaches Resorts prides themselves in service and this is apparent from the moment we stepped on to the resort. The work out facilities have all the good machines, training equipment and the staff at the work out center are amazing. All the staff at the resort are just absolutely lovely. Thank you Nadine(cricketeers), Prophet (sailing), Brunel and Tuna ( snorkelling) and Prichard ( Dino"s)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Turks & Caicos? Share your experiences!