“Beaches.... Wonderful camp sesame” 4 of 5 stars

Beaches Turks & Caicos
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Rd, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$170 Early Booking Bonus!
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
NEW YORK
“Beaches.... Wonderful camp sesame”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I wanted to base this review on camp sesame at beaches Turks and Caicos. Maxine and her team could not have taken care of my children and better! They were warm and attentive and helped make my husband and I feel comfortable leaving my children at the camp. There were plenty of activities going on at the camp. We had to beg our 4 year old to spend some time with us. My 2 year old would nap every day at the camp. He just went into the "nap" room and laid down without any coaxing which was just amazing.

Room Tip: We stayed in the French village walkout. I don't think the extra $ we paid for the walkout was w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

6,018 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,469)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would like to start my review by saying I am a very picky person and for this reason I choose Beaches TCI. I did a lot of research on this property and others in the caribbean and found that for my family of 5, I believed this would be the resort for us. And it was!
We travelled the last week of October and I would have to say that it is the best time of year to travel to the caribbean. The resort was not at all busy-no waiting for food, drinks, watersport activities, requests, towels, chairs, etc.
We stayed in the Italian Village-rooms are beautiful, pool is huge and close to everything in the resort.
Our favourite restaurants were Neptunes, Barefoot By the Sea, Bayside and Schooners as these were mostly a la carte restaurants and the food was excellent.
The Beaches staff were all very friendly and helpful. I felt very safe with the security staff that were always around but "not in your face". If you go for a walk on the beach, expect to be stopped by security upon return to the resort and asked your room number. I never felt this was an inconvenience and I was thankful for their presence.
Readers, please take the advice of many writers and bring bug repellent. I didn't spray my legs one evening and wow did I get bit. Just make it a habit of spraying your legs every evening before going out to dinner and you will be fine.

I had two issues with my vacation and these were not Beaches T&C issues but corporate ones. The first was with the Beaches "corporate" men who were walking around the resort. They did not acknowledge their guests, always had a cigarette hanging in their mouths, were rude to the staff and hogged the sidewalks. These are the people who should be the main representatives of the Beaches brand and they certainly were not. Second, was the Red Lane toiletries that Beaches uses for their guests. When I purchase products at home, I always look to see where they are made. To my surprise, I saw that the Red Lane shampoo, conditioner and lotion were made in China. I would never use products made in China on my body at home and certainly would not expect to use these at a 5 star resort.
The two last points were certainly not enough to ruin a wonderful vacation but it did leave "a bad taste in my mouth" with respect to the Beaches brand. That is the reasoning for my value rating.

Room Tip: Choose Italian Village. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Haddonfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great vacation! Food was good, property was in really good condition. The only complaint i had is that in some of the restaurants, the service was slow. Beach Bum Vacations arranged our trip and they were awesome - especially Beach Bum STEVE!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
oreland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I just returned from the most amazing vacation at this resort!!!! We are pretty seasoned beach vacationers, having had approximately 15 different beach vacations including Atlantis and Hawaii several times......this was the best! Service was amazing, they do not know the word no.......the food was consistently the best we have ever experienced, the setting was unbelievable....kids, adults, all ages were totally catered to.......pristine...I i could go on but really the best we have ever experienced!!! ps Ovi the manager was soooo wonderful and appears to treat his help with respect and kindness because the men and women who served us were so genuine and caring.....I hope they are paid fairly........Monica RN Oreland PA

Room Tip: From what I can tell, they were all great! There was four different types, and we really thought we...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Just returned from beaches was there from nov 1 - nov 8. The resort staff was all great and very accommodating especially Travis the bartender at cascades pool. We had a little hook up when we got there we had booked a honeymoon suite and when we got to our room it seemed like just a standard room but after some discussion with concierge we were finally upgraded 2 days later at $50 extra a night. The resort and food was great beach was amazing. All in all was a good vacation but definitely not worth the $ could go else where for much cheaper. Only excursion we did was parasailing which was fun all other excursions were way overpriced. If u have kids and could afford it this will definitely be a great place to stay I don't have kids but just watching all the kids they were definitely enjoying the water park and all the sesame street parades and characters.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review!
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your week at Beaches Turks and Caicos and loved exploring the gorgeous beach. However, we regret to hear that we in some aspects did not live up to all your expectations. As hoteliers, we realize that a less than perfect stay means there is some room for improvement and we appreciate your feedback. We are constantly making upgrades to our resort and amenities to ensure that we are providing the best vacation experience to our guests.
Our response to feedback continues to be in word and deed. We hope that you would afford us an opportunity to demonstrate the same.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We travelled to Beaches Turks and Caicos at the end of October 2013. It was the best vacation I have ever been on. The resort was beautiful, the staff was amazing. No matter what department the staff worked in, they were friendly and willing to do whatever they could to make your vacation an amazing and relaxing time. We stayed in the Italian Village and the rooms were beautiful and spacious. All of the pools were awesome. The waterpark was alot of fun, especially for the kids. The food in all of the restaurants was delicious. Laki in Mario's Restaurant was fun...he would teach the kids magic so they could show their friends when we got home. The entertainment was fabulous. You never run out of things to do. I can not think of one negative thing to say. If you are considering a vacation to Beaches Turks and Caicos, I strongly recommend you go. We liked it so much we booked a trip again for October 2014.

• Stayed October 2013
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, Shannon! It is wonderful to hear that you had the perfect vacation from beginning to end! Our staff at Beaches Turks and Caicos truly appreciate these kind comments and take great pride in knowing that they were able to provide the best experience during your visit with us!
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future!
Blackstone, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is our 2nd time at a Beaches Resort, first time at TCI. We absolutely LOVED this property, location and the service. Can't seem to get the family to consider Negril now as they loved so much! There are so many amazing people there! We stayed Oct 23 - 30th. Our travel agent Mark Toren @ TripGuy (mark@tripguy) was a huge help, I'd highly recommend him, the trip will cost the same regardless but he's very up to date on the resort and can offer lots of advice and contact Beaches/Sandals if there is anything special. Also will put a request in for an upgrade.

ROOM - We booked the Italian Family Concierge Suite and they upgraded us to the Italian Family Suite Penthouse so we had an amazing view of the ocean. Rooms were very clean - housekeeping came twice a day but you could ask them to come more or less. I loved the space as we have 2 children, 5 and 8 year old and having the separate room (divider) and the bunk beds with the xbox, it was great to use just to settle them for a few at night. It's really all about the location and separation when it comes to room, as we're never in it but with a family of a 4, you need a little space. I'm thinking of booking in the Carribean next time, it's close to ocean and suites seem large. Yes they're older than Italian but also cheaper!

GENERAL - don't be afraid to sit in the "cabanas" that align the property between beach and resort. They have weddings and events but when empty, they are there to enjoy. We cuddled on the comfy couch, under a towel and watched an amazing rain storm. One of my favorite moments, it was awesome.

Don't be afraid to ask for anything! They don't like to say no! We asked for a late check out - 12:30 instead of 11:00 the night before - the following day at 9 am we were told yes and no charge contrary to the sign that states $350. Ask for a groundskeeper to get you a fresh coconut, they'll grab it and open it right on the spot!

One important tip - THERE ARE BUGS CALLED NO SEE UMS. They are worse than mosquitoes and bites can last for up to two weeks with painful and very, very itchy bites. Bring Deep Woods Off to use at night and hydrocortisone with you so you aren't miserable.

There is a "white night" - bring a completely white outfit if you'd like to fit in.

We paid $70/pp to do the Parasailing - Jack sold it on the beach and it was Captain Miquel - it was really fun!

DRINKS - Drink away! Order 2 drinks at a time if you don't like the wait! Ask them to add extra booze and they gladly will. Ask for a bottle of wine at a time, they'll get it for you. Ask for a bottle of champagne to take the beach for a romantic night, they'll gladly do it. They're awesome and will remember your drinks if you are just somewhat friendly! The Italian general bar was my favorite, fast and strong drinsk but Turtles had great martinis.

If you are kind to the servers, (bartenders, waiters/waitresses, etc) they will be very kind to you! They will treat you like royalty if you just say hi and treat them like humans. If you are snarky, they'll be snarky so please be kind, they work so so hard to make our vacations perfect!

KIDS CAMP - Honestly, the kids loved kids camp so much, they were gone from 9am - 10pm with an hour break and would cry and complain when I picked them up! The counselors are AMAZING there!! David, Tarneisha, Fander, Whitney and the manager are just a few special folks there! Sesame STreet characters walk around all the time so even older kids and adults get into it and interact. Kids can ask to be in parade, just ask! This vacation essentially allowed my hubby and I to have 7 days to ourselves together, alone, making new adult friends. It was better than I could have anticipated. If you are nervous about kids camp, they'll give you a cell phone in case anything comes up.

My husband received his scuba certification and really liked the instructor Elliott. Young guy from England who was really great.

FOOD - was good at most places - we didn't care for Marios and service was really bad at Dinos (unless Ivyena was there, she was AWESOME!) Loved Sapodillas but adult only and they adhere to the strict policy that men MUST wear long pants so remember to pack them. You can order a combo of two plates (lobster tail and filet mignon) and it's very good. Schooners dinner was very good (buffet was yucky, our waitress Myriam was GREAT). Barefoot by the Sea was a great breakfast and awesome steak for dinner. There is an outside pizza joint called Bella Napoli's by Arizonas that made INCREDIBLE pizza and the servers were awesome even if not dining there and trust me, I used to live in NY and very picky when it comes to pizza. Arizona's lunch was good. Cricketers made a yummy burger for lunch and there boneless chicken breast for dinner was one of my favs. We went to Kimonos and it was so much fun! Sky Lounge made a great breakfast and had a great view! It was buffet but ask for an omelet and they'll whip it right up for you. Bobby Dees was awesome for kids and adults. It's open until 6 am so if you miss dinner or need a sweet snack, grab some food. It was very good treat!

Kids were just devastated when we left. We already booked trip for next year and can't wait!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Turks & Caicos? Share your experiences!