I would like to start my review by saying I am a very picky person and for this reason I choose Beaches TCI. I did a lot of research on this property and others in the caribbean and found that for my family of 5, I believed this would be the resort for us. And it was!
We travelled the last week of October and I would have to say that it is the best time of year to travel to the caribbean. The resort was not at all busy-no waiting for food, drinks, watersport activities, requests, towels, chairs, etc.
We stayed in the Italian Village-rooms are beautiful, pool is huge and close to everything in the resort.
Our favourite restaurants were Neptunes, Barefoot By the Sea, Bayside and Schooners as these were mostly a la carte restaurants and the food was excellent.
The Beaches staff were all very friendly and helpful. I felt very safe with the security staff that were always around but "not in your face". If you go for a walk on the beach, expect to be stopped by security upon return to the resort and asked your room number. I never felt this was an inconvenience and I was thankful for their presence.
Readers, please take the advice of many writers and bring bug repellent. I didn't spray my legs one evening and wow did I get bit. Just make it a habit of spraying your legs every evening before going out to dinner and you will be fine.
I had two issues with my vacation and these were not Beaches T&C issues but corporate ones. The first was with the Beaches "corporate" men who were walking around the resort. They did not acknowledge their guests, always had a cigarette hanging in their mouths, were rude to the staff and hogged the sidewalks. These are the people who should be the main representatives of the Beaches brand and they certainly were not. Second, was the Red Lane toiletries that Beaches uses for their guests. When I purchase products at home, I always look to see where they are made. To my surprise, I saw that the Red Lane shampoo, conditioner and lotion were made in China. I would never use products made in China on my body at home and certainly would not expect to use these at a 5 star resort.
The two last points were certainly not enough to ruin a wonderful vacation but it did leave "a bad taste in my mouth" with respect to the Beaches brand. That is the reasoning for my value rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario"s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa Providenciales