“Great vacation ” 3 of 5 stars

Beaches Turks & Caicos
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Rd, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$170 Early Booking Bonus!
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Toronto, Canada
“Great vacation ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Just returned from beaches was there from nov 1 - nov 8. The resort staff was all great and very accommodating especially Travis the bartender at cascades pool. We had a little hook up when we got there we had booked a honeymoon suite and when we got to our room it seemed like just a standard room but after some discussion with concierge we were finally upgraded 2 days later at $50 extra a night. The resort and food was great beach was amazing. All in all was a good vacation but definitely not worth the $ could go else where for much cheaper. Only excursion we did was parasailing which was fun all other excursions were way overpriced. If u have kids and could afford it this will definitely be a great place to stay I don't have kids but just watching all the kids they were definitely enjoying the water park and all the sesame street parades and characters.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review!
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your week at Beaches Turks and Caicos and loved exploring the gorgeous beach. However, we regret to hear that we in some aspects did not live up to all your expectations. As hoteliers, we realize that a less than perfect stay means there is some room for improvement and we appreciate your feedback. We are constantly making upgrades to our resort and amenities to ensure that we are providing the best vacation experience to our guests.
Our response to feedback continues to be in word and deed. We hope that you would afford us an opportunity to demonstrate the same.

5,986 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,457)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We travelled to Beaches Turks and Caicos at the end of October 2013. It was the best vacation I have ever been on. The resort was beautiful, the staff was amazing. No matter what department the staff worked in, they were friendly and willing to do whatever they could to make your vacation an amazing and relaxing time. We stayed in the Italian Village and the rooms were beautiful and spacious. All of the pools were awesome. The waterpark was alot of fun, especially for the kids. The food in all of the restaurants was delicious. Laki in Mario's Restaurant was fun...he would teach the kids magic so they could show their friends when we got home. The entertainment was fabulous. You never run out of things to do. I can not think of one negative thing to say. If you are considering a vacation to Beaches Turks and Caicos, I strongly recommend you go. We liked it so much we booked a trip again for October 2014.

• Stayed October 2013
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, Shannon! It is wonderful to hear that you had the perfect vacation from beginning to end! Our staff at Beaches Turks and Caicos truly appreciate these kind comments and take great pride in knowing that they were able to provide the best experience during your visit with us!
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future!
Blackstone, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is our 2nd time at a Beaches Resort, first time at TCI. We absolutely LOVED this property, location and the service. Can't seem to get the family to consider Negril now as they loved so much! There are so many amazing people there! We stayed Oct 23 - 30th. Our travel agent Mark Toren @ TripGuy (mark@tripguy) was a huge help, I'd highly recommend him, the trip will cost the same regardless but he's very up to date on the resort and can offer lots of advice and contact Beaches/Sandals if there is anything special. Also will put a request in for an upgrade.

ROOM - We booked the Italian Family Concierge Suite and they upgraded us to the Italian Family Suite Penthouse so we had an amazing view of the ocean. Rooms were very clean - housekeeping came twice a day but you could ask them to come more or less. I loved the space as we have 2 children, 5 and 8 year old and having the separate room (divider) and the bunk beds with the xbox, it was great to use just to settle them for a few at night. It's really all about the location and separation when it comes to room, as we're never in it but with a family of a 4, you need a little space. I'm thinking of booking in the Carribean next time, it's close to ocean and suites seem large. Yes they're older than Italian but also cheaper!

GENERAL - don't be afraid to sit in the "cabanas" that align the property between beach and resort. They have weddings and events but when empty, they are there to enjoy. We cuddled on the comfy couch, under a towel and watched an amazing rain storm. One of my favorite moments, it was awesome.

Don't be afraid to ask for anything! They don't like to say no! We asked for a late check out - 12:30 instead of 11:00 the night before - the following day at 9 am we were told yes and no charge contrary to the sign that states $350. Ask for a groundskeeper to get you a fresh coconut, they'll grab it and open it right on the spot!

One important tip - THERE ARE BUGS CALLED NO SEE UMS. They are worse than mosquitoes and bites can last for up to two weeks with painful and very, very itchy bites. Bring Deep Woods Off to use at night and hydrocortisone with you so you aren't miserable.

There is a "white night" - bring a completely white outfit if you'd like to fit in.

We paid $70/pp to do the Parasailing - Jack sold it on the beach and it was Captain Miquel - it was really fun!

DRINKS - Drink away! Order 2 drinks at a time if you don't like the wait! Ask them to add extra booze and they gladly will. Ask for a bottle of wine at a time, they'll get it for you. Ask for a bottle of champagne to take the beach for a romantic night, they'll gladly do it. They're awesome and will remember your drinks if you are just somewhat friendly! The Italian general bar was my favorite, fast and strong drinsk but Turtles had great martinis.

If you are kind to the servers, (bartenders, waiters/waitresses, etc) they will be very kind to you! They will treat you like royalty if you just say hi and treat them like humans. If you are snarky, they'll be snarky so please be kind, they work so so hard to make our vacations perfect!

KIDS CAMP - Honestly, the kids loved kids camp so much, they were gone from 9am - 10pm with an hour break and would cry and complain when I picked them up! The counselors are AMAZING there!! David, Tarneisha, Fander, Whitney and the manager are just a few special folks there! Sesame STreet characters walk around all the time so even older kids and adults get into it and interact. Kids can ask to be in parade, just ask! This vacation essentially allowed my hubby and I to have 7 days to ourselves together, alone, making new adult friends. It was better than I could have anticipated. If you are nervous about kids camp, they'll give you a cell phone in case anything comes up.

My husband received his scuba certification and really liked the instructor Elliott. Young guy from England who was really great.

FOOD - was good at most places - we didn't care for Marios and service was really bad at Dinos (unless Ivyena was there, she was AWESOME!) Loved Sapodillas but adult only and they adhere to the strict policy that men MUST wear long pants so remember to pack them. You can order a combo of two plates (lobster tail and filet mignon) and it's very good. Schooners dinner was very good (buffet was yucky, our waitress Myriam was GREAT). Barefoot by the Sea was a great breakfast and awesome steak for dinner. There is an outside pizza joint called Bella Napoli's by Arizonas that made INCREDIBLE pizza and the servers were awesome even if not dining there and trust me, I used to live in NY and very picky when it comes to pizza. Arizona's lunch was good. Cricketers made a yummy burger for lunch and there boneless chicken breast for dinner was one of my favs. We went to Kimonos and it was so much fun! Sky Lounge made a great breakfast and had a great view! It was buffet but ask for an omelet and they'll whip it right up for you. Bobby Dees was awesome for kids and adults. It's open until 6 am so if you miss dinner or need a sweet snack, grab some food. It was very good treat!

Kids were just devastated when we left. We already booked trip for next year and can't wait!

centreville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I like pristine beaches and water activities. I am a beach bum. My kids like cartoon characters
experience and all things exciting. My wife likes dining, relaxing and pampering. Can't make everyone happy, my dad once told me. He was wrong. Beaches is the paradise for an all inclusive family getaway. That place is huge. and I have been to many big resorts.

The service: I wondered if all the staff went through some kind of tolerance/service boot-camp. Because with all the demands and requests from the guests, they complied with a smile. My kid was strolling down the garden and pointed at coconuts on the tree and asked me if i can get one for her. I rolled my eyes and said "yeah right" and kept on walking. Then I turned around after couple of minutes and there was this staff with coconuts on a tray with straws in it. He must have overheard us. My poor daughter never had a chance to get grumpy with all the staff and Sesame Gang entertaining her throughout the day.
One time I asked my concierge where I can buy swim diapers since we were so organized, we forget to pack swim diapers heading out to a water paradise. She went away for several minutes and came back with few swim diapers. I had a feeling she hopped on a scooter and went across town to get it because I couldn't find any swim diapers that size in the resort. :-)

The facility: OK, I am not gonna sugar coat this. Caribbean village is a bit outdated. After all it was their first village decades ago. We stayed in the concierge suite. Other 3 villages were El Grande. Italian Village is grandest of all. French village is more quiet and peaceful. But Caribbean is the closest to all things happening and the beach. So there is the trade off. Hope they will renovate Caribbean village.

Mosquitoes: The island will be next stop for Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation with that much mosquitoes after dark. We got ambushed outdoor. Please bring bug spray. They say it's because of the rain in previous weeks. Whatever it is, those mosquitoes are mean.

Amenities: Great restaurants (Neptune, Mario, Schooner, Arizona, chateau are my favs) great daycare, great water sports, great kids shows and there are professional photographers on the resort that will take great family photos. You can buy the photos you like at the end of the stay. free scuba diving - "if you are PADI certified". Else you will have to pay for resort dive. So I got certified while my kids were in Sesame Camp. Ask for Dougie. Very nice instructor.

Those mentioned above with a great weather and crystal clear blue water, I am already gearing up for next year return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had such a fantastic vacation! Our resort is the perfect place to make unforgettable family memories. We appreciate your feedback, as we are constantly improving our service and resort so that we can continue to provide our guests with best vacation experience.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back next year!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our 6th stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos and it may have been our favorite. We first stayed at this resort 13 years ago when the French Village was under construction. I am amazed at how much the resort has grown. We've stayed in the Caribbean, Italian and now Key West villages. They all have their pluses and minuses. I loved the room we stayed in at the Key West Village, I don't know what they call it- it has an upstairs separate bedroom. I loved having a lot of room- two bathrooms were a timesaver with an eleven and fourteen year old. The washer and dryer came in handy too.
I loved this room for this visit but if my children were younger I would prefer a room closer to the rest of the resort. The tiled steps and 2 balconies would make me nervous with very small children.
I loved the new "signature" drinks at the restaurants which are a nice touch. Liquid marijuana and Scotch bonnet margaritas were my favorite. In years of staying at Beaches several things stood out this time- EVERYONE- says hello to you as you pass by. A real effort is being made to improve service. A few touches stood out- the omelet guy at Mario's was fantastic. My son who never eats ate 2 omlets each morning, In Key West (on the beach) Moise brought us drinks to the ocean! The bar staff at the pool near bayside brought drinks to us in the pool, Maurice at Sapodilla's took great care of us.
I could tell management was making a real effort- the top restaurants seemed to be Neptunes, Bayside, Barefoot, Sapodillas and a massive! Improvement at Kimonos (where I swore I would never venture into again) and Soy. Nice expansion.
Schooners has a good menu but painfully new staff. The worst service though the food was good. Cricketers has great dessert but hit or miss staff. One waitress- I think Natasha walked to the French village for decaf coffee- I was going to go but she said" No you're on vacation".
Still love Arizona's lunch.
The new slide at the waterpark was a hit with my boys. The loved the cotton candy and probably had a milkshake per day at Bobby Dees
Water sports and diving were excellent as usual, though it seemed like some people could buy the Dive polo shirts- a regret we couldn't buy one.
We usually come every other year but may head back in a few months as we had such a great time.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review! Your most recent stay at Beaches Turk and Caicos seems to have exceeded your expectations! We are pleased that our improvements in service and to the resort were well received and that your family had an even better vacation experience for it!
We look forward to welcoming you back in a few months! :)
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family and I love Beaches Turks and Caicos the most out of all the Beaches resorts (we have been to all of them).

It is absolute paradise. The food is to die for, the activities are endless and the scenery is perfect. I'd say it is one of the most safe islands in the Caribbean!

The one negative is that some of the staff lack professionalism. I would often be hit on or felt uncomfortable around some of the male staff. Although I find that this is not a 'Beaches Turks and Caicos' problem, I had the same problem when I went to the Beaches in Jamaica. I am not simply talking about being overly friendly, but sexual remarks have been made or sexual looks.

Aside from that, I have absolutely loved my time at Beaches Turks and Caicos.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Sarah!
We are honored to hear that you hold Beaches Turks and Caicos in such high esteem! It is fantastic that you always have a wonderful time when staying with us!
However, we are disappointed to hear that you have ever felt uncomfortable with our staff. We will be forwarding your concerns to our resort management team for further discussion. That behavior is not what we expect from our staff and we encourage you to please notify our Guest Services if you ever have an issues. They will be happy to assist you, as we want all of our guests to be relaxed and comfortable.
We look forward to seeing you in the future for an even better time with us!
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our family visited the Beaches resort at Turks & Caicos. We had the two bedroom butler suite at the Italian Village. Needless to say our butlers (Aide and Khalil) were amazing and what would have been an excellent trip (with no butlers) turned into a vacation to remember. I must say that the Beaches resort, and the excellent butler service from Aide and Khalil, have spoiled us for any other vacation destinations. How could we possibly ever go back to a 5 star resort elsewhere.....we need to come back again and again. I would highly recommend that you check out this resort and if possible, select the butler suites. They will make your stay unbelievable.

So what do the butlers do, better question is what will they not do! They are there to ensure that you have the vacation of your dreams. Fully explaining the facilities, amentities, etc, ensuring that you have all of your activities scheduled, taking care of your meals, etc. It was great having lunch by the pool in our private cabana. The butlers did tremendous 'towel' decorations in both the room and the pool side cabana. They also personally sat us for every meal and ensured that they had prepped our table before our arrival.

My wife and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary while at Turks and the butlers and other staff made our day perfect, right down to a private dinner on the beach (no kids, best idea ever).

There were many other folks that really helped us enjoy our stay. My kids loved the Mickey Mouse drinks at the bar. Laki was awesome during breakfast at Mario's sharing several magic tricks with us. The best part with Laki was that he showed my kids how to perform these tricks so they can amaze their friends back home. He was awesome. Tami took some unbelieve pictures on the beach that will be used in our family Christmas cards this year. And when we forgot to buy all of the great pictures she took of us, the Manager at the Photo shop (Tracey-Ann Marr) was kind enough to send these to us.

We were treated like hollywood celebrities, royalty.....and it was all so worth it. I would highly recommend seriously considering Beaches for a family vacation, and if you can, get the butler suite.

Thanks Aide, Khalil and all the others at Beaches for a wonderful experience. We will 'Come Back Soon'.

Room Tip: Butler suite, we loved the new Italian Village, great ocean suites but we like the pool view from th...