This is our 2nd time at a Beaches Resort, first time at TCI. We absolutely LOVED this property, location and the service. Can't seem to get the family to consider Negril now as they loved so much! There are so many amazing people there! We stayed Oct 23 - 30th. Our travel agent Mark Toren @ TripGuy (mark@tripguy) was a huge help, I'd highly recommend him, the trip will cost the same regardless but he's very up to date on the resort and can offer lots of advice and contact Beaches/Sandals if there is anything special. Also will put a request in for an upgrade.
ROOM - We booked the Italian Family Concierge Suite and they upgraded us to the Italian Family Suite Penthouse so we had an amazing view of the ocean. Rooms were very clean - housekeeping came twice a day but you could ask them to come more or less. I loved the space as we have 2 children, 5 and 8 year old and having the separate room (divider) and the bunk beds with the xbox, it was great to use just to settle them for a few at night. It's really all about the location and separation when it comes to room, as we're never in it but with a family of a 4, you need a little space. I'm thinking of booking in the Carribean next time, it's close to ocean and suites seem large. Yes they're older than Italian but also cheaper!
GENERAL - don't be afraid to sit in the "cabanas" that align the property between beach and resort. They have weddings and events but when empty, they are there to enjoy. We cuddled on the comfy couch, under a towel and watched an amazing rain storm. One of my favorite moments, it was awesome.
Don't be afraid to ask for anything! They don't like to say no! We asked for a late check out - 12:30 instead of 11:00 the night before - the following day at 9 am we were told yes and no charge contrary to the sign that states $350. Ask for a groundskeeper to get you a fresh coconut, they'll grab it and open it right on the spot!
One important tip - THERE ARE BUGS CALLED NO SEE UMS. They are worse than mosquitoes and bites can last for up to two weeks with painful and very, very itchy bites. Bring Deep Woods Off to use at night and hydrocortisone with you so you aren't miserable.
There is a "white night" - bring a completely white outfit if you'd like to fit in.
We paid $70/pp to do the Parasailing - Jack sold it on the beach and it was Captain Miquel - it was really fun!
DRINKS - Drink away! Order 2 drinks at a time if you don't like the wait! Ask them to add extra booze and they gladly will. Ask for a bottle of wine at a time, they'll get it for you. Ask for a bottle of champagne to take the beach for a romantic night, they'll gladly do it. They're awesome and will remember your drinks if you are just somewhat friendly! The Italian general bar was my favorite, fast and strong drinsk but Turtles had great martinis.
If you are kind to the servers, (bartenders, waiters/waitresses, etc) they will be very kind to you! They will treat you like royalty if you just say hi and treat them like humans. If you are snarky, they'll be snarky so please be kind, they work so so hard to make our vacations perfect!
KIDS CAMP - Honestly, the kids loved kids camp so much, they were gone from 9am - 10pm with an hour break and would cry and complain when I picked them up! The counselors are AMAZING there!! David, Tarneisha, Fander, Whitney and the manager are just a few special folks there! Sesame STreet characters walk around all the time so even older kids and adults get into it and interact. Kids can ask to be in parade, just ask! This vacation essentially allowed my hubby and I to have 7 days to ourselves together, alone, making new adult friends. It was better than I could have anticipated. If you are nervous about kids camp, they'll give you a cell phone in case anything comes up.
My husband received his scuba certification and really liked the instructor Elliott. Young guy from England who was really great.
FOOD - was good at most places - we didn't care for Marios and service was really bad at Dinos (unless Ivyena was there, she was AWESOME!) Loved Sapodillas but adult only and they adhere to the strict policy that men MUST wear long pants so remember to pack them. You can order a combo of two plates (lobster tail and filet mignon) and it's very good. Schooners dinner was very good (buffet was yucky, our waitress Myriam was GREAT). Barefoot by the Sea was a great breakfast and awesome steak for dinner. There is an outside pizza joint called Bella Napoli's by Arizonas that made INCREDIBLE pizza and the servers were awesome even if not dining there and trust me, I used to live in NY and very picky when it comes to pizza. Arizona's lunch was good. Cricketers made a yummy burger for lunch and there boneless chicken breast for dinner was one of my favs. We went to Kimonos and it was so much fun! Sky Lounge made a great breakfast and had a great view! It was buffet but ask for an omelet and they'll whip it right up for you. Bobby Dees was awesome for kids and adults. It's open until 6 am so if you miss dinner or need a sweet snack, grab some food. It was very good treat!
Kids were just devastated when we left. We already booked trip for next year and can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario"s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia and BookIt.com so you can book your Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa Providenciales