“Ideal Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

Save Saved
You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
centreville, VA
“Ideal Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I like pristine beaches and water activities. I am a beach bum. My kids like cartoon characters
experience and all things exciting. My wife likes dining, relaxing and pampering. Can't make everyone happy, my dad once told me. He was wrong. Beaches is the paradise for an all inclusive family getaway. That place is huge. and I have been to many big resorts.

The service: I wondered if all the staff went through some kind of tolerance/service boot-camp. Because with all the demands and requests from the guests, they complied with a smile. My kid was strolling down the garden and pointed at coconuts on the tree and asked me if i can get one for her. I rolled my eyes and said "yeah right" and kept on walking. Then I turned around after couple of minutes and there was this staff with coconuts on a tray with straws in it. He must have overheard us. My poor daughter never had a chance to get grumpy with all the staff and Sesame Gang entertaining her throughout the day.
One time I asked my concierge where I can buy swim diapers since we were so organized, we forget to pack swim diapers heading out to a water paradise. She went away for several minutes and came back with few swim diapers. I had a feeling she hopped on a scooter and went across town to get it because I couldn't find any swim diapers that size in the resort. :-)

The facility: OK, I am not gonna sugar coat this. Caribbean village is a bit outdated. After all it was their first village decades ago. We stayed in the concierge suite. Other 3 villages were El Grande. Italian Village is grandest of all. French village is more quiet and peaceful. But Caribbean is the closest to all things happening and the beach. So there is the trade off. Hope they will renovate Caribbean village.

Mosquitoes: The island will be next stop for Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation with that much mosquitoes after dark. We got ambushed outdoor. Please bring bug spray. They say it's because of the rain in previous weeks. Whatever it is, those mosquitoes are mean.

Amenities: Great restaurants (Neptune, Mario, Schooner, Arizona, chateau are my favs) great daycare, great water sports, great kids shows and there are professional photographers on the resort that will take great family photos. You can buy the photos you like at the end of the stay. free scuba diving - "if you are PADI certified". Else you will have to pay for resort dive. So I got certified while my kids were in Sesame Camp. Ask for Dougie. Very nice instructor.

Those mentioned above with a great weather and crystal clear blue water, I am already gearing up for next year return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had such a fantastic vacation! Our resort is the perfect place to make unforgettable family memories. We appreciate your feedback, as we are constantly improving our service and resort so that we can continue to provide our guests with best vacation experience.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,566)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our 6th stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos and it may have been our favorite. We first stayed at this resort 13 years ago when the French Village was under construction. I am amazed at how much the resort has grown. We've stayed in the Caribbean, Italian and now Key West villages. They all have their pluses and minuses. I loved the room we stayed in at the Key West Village, I don't know what they call it- it has an upstairs separate bedroom. I loved having a lot of room- two bathrooms were a timesaver with an eleven and fourteen year old. The washer and dryer came in handy too.
I loved this room for this visit but if my children were younger I would prefer a room closer to the rest of the resort. The tiled steps and 2 balconies would make me nervous with very small children.
I loved the new "signature" drinks at the restaurants which are a nice touch. Liquid marijuana and Scotch bonnet margaritas were my favorite. In years of staying at Beaches several things stood out this time- EVERYONE- says hello to you as you pass by. A real effort is being made to improve service. A few touches stood out- the omelet guy at Mario's was fantastic. My son who never eats ate 2 omlets each morning, In Key West (on the beach) Moise brought us drinks to the ocean! The bar staff at the pool near bayside brought drinks to us in the pool, Maurice at Sapodilla's took great care of us.
I could tell management was making a real effort- the top restaurants seemed to be Neptunes, Bayside, Barefoot, Sapodillas and a massive! Improvement at Kimonos (where I swore I would never venture into again) and Soy. Nice expansion.
Schooners has a good menu but painfully new staff. The worst service though the food was good. Cricketers has great dessert but hit or miss staff. One waitress- I think Natasha walked to the French village for decaf coffee- I was going to go but she said" No you're on vacation".
Still love Arizona's lunch.
The new slide at the waterpark was a hit with my boys. The loved the cotton candy and probably had a milkshake per day at Bobby Dees
Water sports and diving were excellent as usual, though it seemed like some people could buy the Dive polo shirts- a regret we couldn't buy one.
We usually come every other year but may head back in a few months as we had such a great time.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review! Your most recent stay at Beaches Turk and Caicos seems to have exceeded your expectations! We are pleased that our improvements in service and to the resort were well received and that your family had an even better vacation experience for it!
We look forward to welcoming you back in a few months! :)
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family and I love Beaches Turks and Caicos the most out of all the Beaches resorts (we have been to all of them).

It is absolute paradise. The food is to die for, the activities are endless and the scenery is perfect. I'd say it is one of the most safe islands in the Caribbean!

The one negative is that some of the staff lack professionalism. I would often be hit on or felt uncomfortable around some of the male staff. Although I find that this is not a 'Beaches Turks and Caicos' problem, I had the same problem when I went to the Beaches in Jamaica. I am not simply talking about being overly friendly, but sexual remarks have been made or sexual looks.

Aside from that, I have absolutely loved my time at Beaches Turks and Caicos.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Sarah!
We are honored to hear that you hold Beaches Turks and Caicos in such high esteem! It is fantastic that you always have a wonderful time when staying with us!
However, we are disappointed to hear that you have ever felt uncomfortable with our staff. We will be forwarding your concerns to our resort management team for further discussion. That behavior is not what we expect from our staff and we encourage you to please notify our Guest Services if you ever have an issues. They will be happy to assist you, as we want all of our guests to be relaxed and comfortable.
We look forward to seeing you in the future for an even better time with us!
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our family visited the Beaches resort at Turks & Caicos. We had the two bedroom butler suite at the Italian Village. Needless to say our butlers (Aide and Khalil) were amazing and what would have been an excellent trip (with no butlers) turned into a vacation to remember. I must say that the Beaches resort, and the excellent butler service from Aide and Khalil, have spoiled us for any other vacation destinations. How could we possibly ever go back to a 5 star resort elsewhere.....we need to come back again and again. I would highly recommend that you check out this resort and if possible, select the butler suites. They will make your stay unbelievable.

So what do the butlers do, better question is what will they not do! They are there to ensure that you have the vacation of your dreams. Fully explaining the facilities, amentities, etc, ensuring that you have all of your activities scheduled, taking care of your meals, etc. It was great having lunch by the pool in our private cabana. The butlers did tremendous 'towel' decorations in both the room and the pool side cabana. They also personally sat us for every meal and ensured that they had prepped our table before our arrival.

My wife and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary while at Turks and the butlers and other staff made our day perfect, right down to a private dinner on the beach (no kids, best idea ever).

There were many other folks that really helped us enjoy our stay. My kids loved the Mickey Mouse drinks at the bar. Laki was awesome during breakfast at Mario's sharing several magic tricks with us. The best part with Laki was that he showed my kids how to perform these tricks so they can amaze their friends back home. He was awesome. Tami took some unbelieve pictures on the beach that will be used in our family Christmas cards this year. And when we forgot to buy all of the great pictures she took of us, the Manager at the Photo shop (Tracey-Ann Marr) was kind enough to send these to us.

We were treated like hollywood celebrities, royalty.....and it was all so worth it. I would highly recommend seriously considering Beaches for a family vacation, and if you can, get the butler suite.

Thanks Aide, Khalil and all the others at Beaches for a wonderful experience. We will 'Come Back Soon'.

Room Tip: Butler suite, we loved the new Italian Village, great ocean suites but we like the pool view from th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Mark! It is an honor to know that Beaches Turks and Caicos and the staff are a part of many wonderful memories for you and your family! We are thrilled that you had an amazing vacation and that the staff was also able to make sure you had a memorable anniversary celebration!
We hope you "soon come back" and we will be looking forward to your return!
Trenton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We traveled from Toronto to Beaches Turks & Caicos the end of October 2013 for a one week family vacation. We arrived at the airport and was driven promptly to the resort which was about 10 minutes away. When we arrived we were greeted with cold face clothes and were escorted to our room. We stayed in the Italian Village Ocean Front and what a view. The room was beautiful and the girls loved their bunk beds. The bathroom was marble and had a jacuzzi tub. We spent the rest of the day walking around and seeing all the restaurants, pools and activities. We spent the week snorkeling, sailing, swimming, shore excursions and at night we would go to Cricketers pub, see the shows, and go to Turtles. We met amazing people from all over. I like to mention Romaine took photos of us on the beach and he was amazing and funny. They turned out beautiful!! The highlight was the shows that put on in the French Village, they got the audience involved and made it fun for the whole family of all ages. We met one of the entertainers name Theodore Sheckleford, he is one of the most pleasant, funny, down to earth employers, he got involved in everything from karaoke, playing beach volleyball with the girls, and also in the sesame street parade, he is an amazing person. Johnnie down at the beach had fun playing volleyball with the girls as well. When we went to go sailing or kayaking we were always looked after. Even sunbathing down on the beach we would have someone come down and asked if we wanted something to drink. The service was fantastic. The meals were good, we like to order off menus, there was quite a number of buffets so there was a lot of different foods to choose from especially with 19 restaurants. We went to Kimonos restaurant and had a meal prepared for us. The cook was so much fun, the rest of the staff sang and had to girls up singing to them. We had a great time and the meal was delicious. It was one of the nicest beaches I have ever seen and I would recommend this resort to anyone with young children to even teenagers. My daughter and her friend are 16 and they had a great time and met a lot of people their age and there was plenty of activities for them to do everyday. We would love to go back and hopefully someday will.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor Italian Village ocean front and it was very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for sharing your lovely vacation pictures, Wendy! It is wonderful that your week at Beaches Turks and Caicos was perfect and that you and your family had an amazing time discovering all the terrific things available at the resort! There is something for each family member along with many things to experience together as a family!
We look forward to welcoming your family back soon!
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is the second time for myself and my children to this resort, first for my husband and two friends. We booked a four bedroom villa in the new Key West section. This villa includes butler service. yes, its expensive, but worth every single penny. The reason for our trip was our vow renewal, an everything went perfectly. The only negative about the renewal was the extra cost for a twilight ceremony. Does it really cost the resort any money to have it at 5 instead of 3? I think not. But....that's the only negative about our trip.
Now.....I know a lot of people complain about the butlers and the butler guests. But....those rooms were available when you booked your trip. Yes, they're expensive, but those of us who pay the extra, deserve the extra treatment.
New restaurants were all great, as were all the old ones. Pools were well maintained and beautiful. Bars were well stocked and staffed. Beach area was clean and well maintained. Our villa was cleaned and straightened up to four times a day. We had a full kitchen (not sure why...I can see a kitchenette), and a washer and dryer which made packing a breeze! Each bedroom had its own full bath. Living room and dining room. The villa was beautiful and well placed for easy access to the restaurants and beach and pools. Our butlers, Keone and Tony were OUTSTANDING! They really bonded with our autistic son and went out of their way to decorate our pool cabana for him. They also overheard him talking about a treasure hunt, and on the last day....set one up for him, including little treasure boxes that they hid throughout the resort. I cant say enough good things about these young men.

All in all...a wonderful vacation. We will be back, again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! Your vow renewal picture on the beach is beautiful! We are happy you and your family had such a fantastic time and that we were able to exceed your expectations. The Butlers do a phenomenal job at making sure our guests have the best vacation experience! It's great that they were able to organize the treasure hunt with your son! He will have an exciting story to tell his family and friends. :)
We hope to welcome you back in the near future for more fun in paradise!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I truly enjoyed everything about this all-inclusive. Big, yet easy to get around quickly. Each pool is totally different and the swim up bars throughout are a blast. No need to spend the extra money on the French/Italian village as the Caribbean was solid. We tried all of the different restaurants and dining options from breakfast through dinner and loved everything! The only thing that you need to be aware of is there are a ton of kids at this resort. The ride to/from the airport is quick. All of the water activities were included and we did a few exercise classes too. I liked this resort better than sandals Bahamas, Atlantis, etc.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! It's wonderful that you thoroughly enjoyed Beaches Turks and Caicos! There is so much to see and do and still have the opportunity to just relax! We are so pleased to know that we exceeded all your expectations and you left the resort with many unforgettable moments.
We hope you "soon come back"!

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!