Our 18 month-old daughter spiked a fever the day and threw up the day before we left. The trip could have been a disaster but we ended up having a great trip anyway and it was all thanks to the wonderful staff at Beaches.
First, I'd like to say thanks to Mike McHigh of Dream Maker Vacation Services, Inc. I generally don't use travel agents to book my vacations but after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided to work with Mike and I'm SO glad I did! He talked me off a ledge the day before vacation with information about the medical staff available on site and the option of a nanny if we didn't want to send our little one to Sesame Camp (but still wanted to enjoy some alone time during naps or after bedtime). Without his first-hand knowledge, we probably would've canceled out trip. Plus, halfway through our trip, we received an amazing upgrade and I'm sure it was partly because we were Dream Maker's clients.
I also want to give a big shout to our nanny, Desire Pererra. She was referred to us through the hotel and she was AMAZING with our girls (ages 4 and 1). She kept our sick, sleepy baby happy and entertained for a couple hours around naptime the first few days (fortunately it was a short stomach flu and our daughter was much better by the 2nd day of our trip). We were given a cell phone while she was with Desire which made us feel much more comfortable, knowing that Desire could reach us if she had any questions or needed anything. Later in the week, Desire took the girls to dinner and then put them to bed at night (teeth brushed and all) while we enjoyed dinner alone. And the best part was that by morning, the girls were raving about how they had such a great time and couldn't wait to see her again! My 4 year old still talks about her almost 5 months after our trip.
I also want to thank Enoch, our concierge. When we first arrived in the Carribean room, we realized that the A/C was not working that well. We often found our room very sticky feeling at night, and the A/C was leaking periodically. It even leaked on our daughter's head one night as the trundle bed was directly below. With the baby sick, we were too focused on her to complain to the front desk the first few days. When she felt better, on Tuesday morning, we stopped by the concierge to ask about scheduling snorkeling and mentioned that the A/C was leaking and not working properly. Enoch, our concierge, apologized for the inconvenience and said he would send down the engineers to take a look. That afternoon he called and offered to either move us to another Caribbean room immediately or upgrade us to the Italian Village in a couple days. At first, he said the Italian Village wouln't be available til Thurs but by morning (Wed.), he said he could move us to an upgraded room in the Italian Village that day (Wed.) for the rest of the week! That was when we really started to feel like we were on vacation. We were upgraded to a Palazzo Pool Walkout room.
The PPW was a much nicer room than the Caribbean. It had easy access to the pools, the restaurants, the waterpark and the beach. If we hadn't been upgraded to the PPW I don't know that we would've returned to Beaches TC but the PPW was fantastic! We ended up booking a PPW for the same week next year. After having stayed in the room, we could see it was well worth the extra cost from the Caribbean Governor's Suite.
Another Shout out to Enoch – as we packed to move to the Italian Village, we noticed that one of our bags was damaged in the transit, Enoch offered to have maintenance try to fix it and they did. One more example of service at the resort - when we first checked into the Italian Village room, the kids room had bunk beds which only had a safety bar on the top bunk. Housekeeping came by the room to drop off towels as my husband was trying to figure out if he could remove the barrier from the top bunk and transfer it to the bottom bunk. Without us even asking, the housekeeping member saw what we were doing, informed us that we could get another barrier for the bottom bunk and offered to bring one immediately (which he did and installed right there for us).
Our 4 yr. Old really liked Camp Sesame and the activities every day – nature walk with Abby, baking with cookie monster, exercising with Elmo, etc.
Final Note: After reading the horror stories of traveling on Saturdays through the Turks airport, we decided to book the VIP Flyer Club as recommended by other Trip Advisor reviewers. That may have been the best money we spent on the trip! The airport was more crowded and disorganized than I could've imagined. Our VIP Flyers club member was waiting for us when we arrived and magically whisked us to the front of the security line at the airport and then to a private air-conditioned room where another family was also waiting. The room was much cleaner and nicer than the rest of the airport with complimentary snacks and beverages, TV, and free wi-fi. We waited there in total comfort with our 1 and 4 yr olds until just before our plane was ready to leave. At that point, we were instructed to follow our guide who again whisked us to the front of the line to board the plane. It was so nice, I almost felt guilty seeing all the other miserable people waiting in the airport. When I booked, I thought it was fairly expensive but in retrospect, it was worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario"s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa Providenciales