“Great even without kids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$305 Spa or Tour Credit!
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
knoxville, tn
“Great even without kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I went on a "delayed" honeymoon. Had a great time. Was worried that the place would be overrun with kids since it was a "Beaches" instead of a Sandals. But not a problem. Stayed in a suite in the Key West Village. The people were amazing. Friendliest staff I've ever seen. Drinks were good. Surprised to find good beers (Guiness, Bass, Newcastle) at the English Pub, The Crickateer. Spent a lot of time at that place. Trivia. Karaoke. Bingo.

The pool bars were great. Was never far from a rum punch. The water is as clear as they say. Nice covered chases.

There are lots of free activities that I wish we'd have known about ahead of time; snorkel trips, catamarans, water bikes. There was also a Xbox 360 in our room which would have been good to know. Not that I was in the room a lot but I'd have brought a couple of games.

Food was good but not great. Three or four of the restaurants are quite a bit better than the others. Strangely enough they did a good job with the steaks but I was disappointed in the seafood. It was okay. I just had dreams of lots of fresh stuff. House wine was included but you had to pay extra for good stuff. And they did have some pretty good wines for purchase, Caymus, Hess, etc.

We did a couples massage that we enjoyed very much. But most of the time we just ate, laid by the beach, drank, got in the pool then ate some more. It was a very, very enjoyable trip.

For an all-inclusive I was surprised that wi-fi wasn't included. It was $15/day. Which we did once just to get in touch with the kids.

The place was expensive but I'd do it again. I just probably wouldn't get the suite unless it was a special anniversary or something.

Went into town a few times, too. Everything there was expensive. It sure wasn't like Jamaica or Mexico. Also, you can't bring conch shells back in your carry-on luggage but you can pack them in your checked bags.

Room Tip: There are very few "ocean view" rooms. But don't be afraid of garden view. That's...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are pleased that you enjoyed your "delayed" honeymoon trip at our resort! It is a great resort that does welcome families and couples alike. There is something for everyone to enjoy and lots of activities for adults! With all the beauty Turks and Caicos has to offer, it is an amazing setting for couples to relax and reconnect.
We appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests as it is a useful tool in identifying our strong and weak points. I will of course forward your comments on to the relevant departments at the resort for further review.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,693)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have worked in the travel industry for 18 years and would class myself as a pretty experienced traveller (50 different countries worldwide including 10 Caribbean islands). I had very high expectations of beaches Turks & Caicos, largely due to the fact the cost is slightly higher than other All inclusive s I have visited. However beaches T&C did NOT disappoint! I travelled as a party of 2 adults and 2 children aged 12 & 9, upon arrival we were upgraded to the new Key West village, the 2 bedroom suite on 3 floors was beyond belief! Sparkling brand new modern interior. With a small pool right outside the door, this was beautifully lit at night for late evening swims.
We struggled to dine in all 19 restaurants but the ones we did visit were truly amazing, our favourites being the sushi restaurant soy, the Japanese kimonos where they cook the food on hot plates in front of you and barefoot by the sea for its pure uniqueness. The children loved the freedom of bobbie dees restaurant whereby they could visit by themselves and order exactly what they wanted. My eldest daughter loved the fact that the cricketers pub served a full on Sunday roast every single day, both lunchtime and in the evening! The Friday night beach party was a great night out for all ages......
I would recommend the snorkelling boat trip, it's included in the AI however don't leave it too late in your holiday to book up as its pretty hard to get a slot.
The beach is just how it looks in the photos the whitest sand I have ever seen and the ocean is truly turquoise.
The Caribbean village was the original of all the villages and too be honest does look a little aged in parts in comparison to the pure luxurious ness of the other 3 villages, I would say it would be worth paying a little more to upgrade to one of the other villages.
Being really picky, The only other slight improvement that beaches could make to this amazing resort would be to have cocktail menus at the bars.
Anyone hesitating about booking this destination, don't! I would love to return in a flash.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our resort with your family! It sounds like from beginning to end, a good time was had by all! We make sure to have many options available for families to choose from in regards to dining, entertainment and activities so there is something new to try each day. Lots of fun family memories will be made during your stay!
We look forward to welcoming you back and having yet another fantastic vacation!
Brandon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I took my family on vacation to this resort in August and we had a great time. With 19 restaurants to choose from we were unable to eat at all of them but did quickly find our favorites. Our room was in the Caribbean section and at first we didn't like it but soon realized that we were close to everything we wanted to do. The snorkeling down the beach was really good. On the east side were ton's of fish and coral. On the west side we saw a beautiful turtle.
I was able to dive 3 - two tank dives and one night dive. I can see why people travel from all over the world to dive here as the diving was great.
We took the catamarans out on two different occasions.
Not having to carry money to pay for anything took us a couple of days to get used to.
Can't wait to check out other Sandal's resorts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Beaches Turks and Caicos and sharing those lovely photos! We are thrilled that you had an awesome family vacation! There are so many activities for families to share together at the resort. It is also fantastic that you got to explore the beautiful island surroundings. It sounds like you had quite an adventure!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

As a first time mother I looked for a place that offered great child care with luxury amenities. Beaches at T &C truly delivered. The day camp offered an upscale and clean environment. The staff was awesome and made my 18 month feel very comfortable and safe. The first day I used the camp I felt guilty and went to get him however when I got there they informed he was out to lunch. Apparently they take the children to a different restaurant a day to have lunch with the sesame characters. We also used the nanny service in the evening so that my husband and I could have a romantic dinner. The nanny was so experienced and came highly recommended by the director of the camp. When we returned from dinner my little one was peacefully sleeping. We stayed in the newest part of the resort overlooking the beach. The other areas are nice but I am very particular and only like the finest amenities- granite counter tops, double sink, separate shower and jacuzzi tub, mahogany wood and italian ceramic tile, etc. This a large resort so moms bring your stroller. Will definitely return when my son is a little older.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your review! We are ecstatic to hear about your fantastic experience at Beaches Turks and Caicos! Your little one seems to have had a terrific time at our kid's camp! Thank you for the photos!
We want our families to be able to enjoy their vacations together and also for children to have specific activities all for themselves. They feel so special to have their own vacation stories to recount and our staff members are wonderful professionals that love entertaining our "little" guests! And of course it's a vacation and parents deserve to have a little R&R...you deserve it!
We look forward to welcoming you all back soon!
New Hampton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went to Beaches Turks and Caicos for the first time at the end of August and we had an amazing time. The transportation from the airport was quick and they gave us bottled water. Check in wasn't as smooth. We booked a double bed walk out room in the Caribbean Village. When we booked it online we asked if we could request a certain wing in the Caribbean Village and we were told we could but there was no guarantee you would get it but the Beaches booking agent made me feel confident that we would. When we checked in we were told we were in a third floor room not a walk out, not in the wing we had requested, and a King and trundle bed instead of two double beds. After some complaining we were told they could give us a walk out room in the wing we requested but it had a king and trundle bed. They showed us the room and it was nice and in the location we wanted we took it. For our trouble they said that on our fourth night there we could be upgraded to a room in the Italian village with a kids suite. Let me give you the run down on the rooms.

Caribbean Village walk out room in East wing-Room had a king bed with a trundle which ended up working out better then 2 double beds. Our two kids had their own sleeping space and the trundle took up less space in the room. Room was a good size but it was dated. The patio was very nice and view of the gardens was very pretty. The housekeeping was not great. The three days we stayed in this room they never cleaned the bathroom sink and counter area. I used all the glass cups and they were never replaced. We were supposed to get turn down service every night but only received it once. WIth all that said if I could be guaranteed a room in the East Wing I would stay here again in a heart beat. You can't beat the location. You are central to everything. The west wing however is far from everything and I won't book the caribbean again bc there is a good chance you will get a room there.

Italian Village room with kids suite was absolutely beautiful. You enter into the kids suite with bunk beds and a trundle. There is a closet and separate sink for them along with a TV and XBox which they loved. There is a sliding pocket door that separates the kids suite and the main bedroom. The bathroom was huge with big shower, huge jetted tub and double sinks. There was storage galore in this room. The balcony is very small but we barely used it. The king bed was very comfortable and the fridge was stocked daily with soda, juice, bottled water, beer and liquor. The housekeeping staff was amazing!! The room was cleaned every day and in a timely manner. Turn down service was every night where they replenish towels (about 8 or 9 each time) swept the floors, turned down all the beds and restocked the fridge. We LOVED this room but we also didn't have to pay for it! Would like to stay here again but the price is just to high.

Pools-Italian is huge, beautiful and lively. Hard to sometimes find shade but it is a really fun pool. French pool was large, less crowded, nicer chairs and still had daily activities. Caribbean has 3 pools. All smaller then the Italian and French but also less crowded and nice change of scenery. One of the Caribbean pools has basketball hoop and volley net while the other has a cave with water fall. I preferred the French pool.

Beach-AMAZING!!! Powdery white sand meets crystal clear water. I am afraid to swim in the ocean and haven't done so since a small child (I am 34 now). I had no problems going in this water because it was so calm and you could see forever. The lounge chairs are plentiful but shaded ones are not. My husband and son snorkeled right off the beach and got to see tons of fish. If you walk down the beach for about 5 minutes there is a reef to snorkel that has lots to see. It is a public beach at Beaches so there are people walking the beach trying to sell tours and hair braiding but we were never really bothered by them. On occasion there is waiter taking drink orders but it is faster to just get your own at the bar closest to the beach. The water was warm and so pretty.

Waterpark-My kids 8 and 5 loved the water park. There are four fun slides to choose from along with a lazy river, water splash pirate ship and spraying fountains. They also had a waver simulator for surfing or boogie boarding. Important to know is that depending on their height they can only use it certain times of day. My kids weren't tall enough for the surfing which was done from open until 2pm. From 2pm on was boogie boarding.

Restaurants-Plenty to choose from and you don't get tired of the food. It was all pretty good. We loved Neptune's for dinner, Mario's for dinner and breakfast and my kids loved eating lunch with their feet in the sand at Barefoot by the Sea although the food was just ok there. We did eat at Kimonos which was good. We liked the bakery in the French Village for coffee, desert and ice tea.

Kid's club-We only used it a little but when we did it was great. Staff is extremely friendly and makes the kids feel at home. They have a lot of fun activities for all ages.

Entertainment-The nightly shows were entertaining and my they have a kids talent show that was really cute. My kids aren't fans of sesame street so we didn't really catch those shows but other kids seemed to really like it. There is a themed night every night. We went to the family BBQ on the beach which was a good time and good food. They had a chocolate buffet one night that we didn't care for. They have family tie dye so bring a white shirt.

Departing-We traveled on Wednesday to Wednesday and going home the airport was extremely crowded. We didn't have to wait on security lines for long but the waiting area is very small and fills up quickly. I can't imagine what it is like leaving on a Saturday.

Overall-We absolutely loved this place and booked our next trip before we left. It is worth the money for what is included and has something for everyone. Our next trip we are going to try staying at the French Village.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at Beaches Turks and Caicos. We are thrilled to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay! The pictures are gorgeous and we can see how much fun you all had! I am pleased that our staff members were able to resolve the issue you had with accommodations and your family loved the room!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Long Beach, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went to Beaches with my cousin and her 14 year old daughter. This resort has much to offer of all ages, however, if you have older children or none at all, make sure you stay at Key West, which is off to the side, but will give you the peace and quiet you may be looking for. I usually get up early so often walked around at 630am and the other Villages had young kids screaming in the pools even at that early hour. Key West was not only beautiful, but tranquil. Beaches has an many restaurants to choose from, but the food is just okay. I must admit, being from New York, I am spoiled here with great food and too much to choose from so perhaps to others they will think the food was great. The activities that they offer are good, included in the price, but if you want something that give you more time, you will have to purchase something additional. They staff here are not permitted to accept tips, which in a way was good. I have gone to other all inclusive resorts and by the time you are done tipping, you might as well just stayed at a regular hotel. The staff are extremely friendly, everyone talks to you and asks you if they can do anything for you. It was really nice to constantly have people trying to make your trip better. Now the only con is beware of the waiters. They will give alcohol to minors. We saw many teens under 17 drinking and drunk. Apparently the single parents let their kids just wander off at night just so they can have some alone time with their boyfriend or girlfriend. Although everyone was friendly having a 14 year old child roam an island at 1 in the morning just didn't sit well. Stay with your children as much as you can. You just never know.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family members.

We appreciate your feedback and in regards to your concerns, at Beaches Resorts, we take all necessary measures to ensure that alcoholic beverages are not served to our underage guests.

Minors are not served alcohol at the bars or restaurants and a strict carding system is enforced at all properties. However, guests should be mindful that our on-property bar outlets adhere to the drinking age laws of the country in which the resort is located which may be lower than where the guest is from. Therefore, parents/guardians are tasked with ensuring their children act responsibly and in particular if their accommodation includes a mini-bar with alcohol.
Westchester County, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was our first all inclusive vacation at Beaches Turks & Caicos and we would definitely come back. We traveled in August 2013 with our two daughters ages 5 and 7. We stayed in the Italian Village on the 3rd floor with a Partial ocean view and concierge service.

The resort and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Our room was very nicely decorated with updated furnishings and plenty of storage space for all your clothing. We had a king bed and a separate kids room with bunk beds. Our girls loved the room! Housekeeping did a wonderful job keeping everything clean, we never had to ask for anything! Our fridge was fully stocked with juices, water, beer and wine.

The beach was spectacular, calm turquoise waters and white sand, you couldn't ask for anything more. There were always plenty of chairs at the beach, but chairs with shade were hard to find. We did the snorkeling off the beach with the kids and we saw lots of fish, we also did the snorkeling off the boat, which was great as well. The Hobie cat was lots of fun too, the Beaches staff took us out for a sail.

The Italian pool is where we spent most of our time. It was also the busiest and had the most entertainment all day with music and games. We never found it to be too loud for us. The chairs were hard to come by due to the butlers, but we always managed to find chairs but not in the shade. Drink service, if you wanted a drink you went to the swim up bar or walk up bar. The bartenders were great , they made daily frozen drinks for our kids and cocktails for the adults.

The water park is where we spent the other half of our day. Our kids loved it! The park had several slides and the lazy river. Bobby Dee's was located there and the kids enjoyed milkshakes, popcorn, self serve ice cream and cotton candy.

Beaches has many restaurants to choose from so you won't be disappointed. We ate at 10 of the 19 restaurants, we found our favorites for breakfast Mario's, it served a very large buffet with an omelet station to order, Sky and Bayside were also nice choices for breakfast. Lunch we enjoyed Bella Napoli Pizza (it was worth the wait), Arizona and Barefoot by the Sea. For dinner we ate at Neptunes, Schooners and Barefoot by the Sea. We had great service at all the restaurants, the staff was friendly and attentive. The food was better then expected for all inclusive. My favorite place was Cafe de Paris for morning coffee, afternoon latte's and evening cappuccinos and tasty bite size desserts. Cherlie was the sweetest employee there and always had a smile.

Photos - I highly recommend taking pictures on the beach at sunset! The pictures came out fabulous, we were very happy with our photographer Tanny. Book it early in your trip, the best pictures are at sunset.

Entertainment- Every night during our stay we went to see the Sesame Street show on the French Village stage, our kids loved it even though they are not into Sesame Street. They had a good
time at the parade and beach party too.

We had a great time at Beaches and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos! It is a wonderful vacation spot, with so many activities and options that everyone will be happy! It's great that you got to try so many of the included watersport activities and also had time to just relax. It sounds like a perfectly balanced family getaway! Thank you for your review!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!