We spent 6 days at Beaches in August. It was our first all-inclusive. We all loved it.
Room - We stayed at the Italian Village, Pisa building. Great location, kids loved the pool. The room was spacious enough for the 6 of us, and clean. Daily restocking of the mini-fridge was a nice touch.
Food - We were impressed with the restaurants, especially considering the amount of people they feed each day. (The complex is huge!) Mario's was a favorite for breakfast, due to the fresh oj machine and smoothie bar. They had a ton of breakfast selections that pleased everyone. Bay Side in the Key West Village was nice, too - beautiful location and ambience, but a smaller buffet. Favorite dinners were the tenderloin at Arizona's and the scallops at Schooners. The kids of course loved Bobby Dee's. Kimono's was ok - after the awesome reviews and difficulty to get a reservation (DO make this as soon as you arrive), it really was no better than the hibachi places here. (Note to families with picky eaters - Kimono's is a set menu. You get beef, chicken, shrimp, and mahi mahi. Those in my family who don't like seafood were still a little hungry when dinner was over.)
Water sports - The snorkeling was good, the free snorkeling boat trip a lot of fun. Included is aqua cycles, paddleboards, windsurfing, and Hobie cats, which you can get a lesson on or a ride. They were great.
Crowds - even thought the place was at capacity, we really didn't find it as crowded as expected. My daughter and I did save seats under shaded areas each morning on our way to get coffee/smoothies while the guys slept in. I didn't pay attention to see how filled things were later in the day. If you really want quiet, go for the Key West Village.
Photos - Romaine took our family photos and he was awesome. (My kids now hear Labrynth's "Beneath Your Beautiful" song and yell, "It's Romaine's song!"). The price of a photo CD is really high. I had budgeted $300, and was disappointed that I could only get 30 of our 200+ pictures on a disk for $330. If I were to get 100 pictures on disk, it would have been $1100. I know you can pay upwards of this for a professional photographer at home, but there are also professional photographers around here for considerably less.
Airport/shuttle - easy Saturday arrival, quick shuttle. We departed on a Friday, and the wait in the airport was somewhat lengthy. Can't imagine leaving on a weekend!
Overall - the beach is beautiful, the service was very good everywhere, the resort kept clean. I felt very safe with my kids here. It was one of the best vacations we've taken!
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Hotel
- Beaches Turks Caicos
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Sweet 16! Sixteen specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests‟ high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean‟s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street®•X-BOX® Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts “World‟s Leading Family All-Inclusive” 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos “Turks & Caicos Leading Resort” for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos “The Caribbean‟s Leading Family All- Inclusive” for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts “Keeping it Green”, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario‟s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.