We stayed at Beaches in the Caribbean Village from 8/17 - 8/23. We had a 2 bedroom suite, there was plenty of space but the furniture and fixtures (bath/kitchen) were not as luxurious as we were expecting. We've stayed at quite a few adult all inclusive resorts and were expecting the same quality but once we got over that aspect everything else was superb.
We have an 8 month old who went to Camp Sesame each morning. The ladies there were very nice, always remembered her name since day 1. She was in the infant room which went up to 12 months, they had lots of toys, cribs, swings & rockers which was perfect for her since she is a crawler but also needs naps. I would pack her a small tupperware of lunch food from the breakfast buffet and the nannies fed her each day as instructed per my notes. They do have a fridge but you need to bring your own tupperware from home.
The night nanny service is great too. We scheduled a nanny for every night we were there. Our daughter goes to bed by 6:30 or 7 so we had a lady come each evening after bedtime for 3 hours so we could get dinner alone. We got the same lady each day and also saw her at camp sesame so it was nice.
The pools are all well kept, super clean. Swim up bars, they all make good drinks. I'm a vodka drinker and they had Absolute vodkas in different flavors. Not a great beer selection. Wine was available and quite good for the included type.
At the pools I was impressed at how the staff got people to participate in activities. They were definitely good at entertaining the older kids, taking them to play games so parents could relax. And you'd always see the camp kids out on adventures, seemed like fun. Even stuff like water aerobics they got most of the pool to participate which was fun but they do not pick on you which is good.
Restaurants : Sopadilla's (adult only) was the best one. Went twice. Great quality seafood. Le Petit Chateau (adult only) also great, did steak here (a bit too saucy for my taste though) but crab cakes and desert were great! For lunch our favorite was Mario's (Italian), good buffet. The new Key West Village has 3 restaurants, all outdoors with nice beach views. For breakfast we tried a variety of spots, each is about the same but nice to get different scenery.
Butlers: We had butler service. At first we weren't sure what to use them for but turned out it was nice to have but I'm not sure its fully needed. Although with it you never need to wait for a table, they reserve one for you each night and try to make it special with flowers. We also used them to get cabanas, you can get them at either the Italian Village or Caribbean and then they also bring you a cooler with drinks which is nice. And they did a few special things for us like get my daughter strawberries ( which were never at the buffets) and dinner items earlier than the room service menu states. The one thing I didn't like is the cell phones never seemed to work properly. We'd have to call multiple times to get through and not sure if service was just poor or the phones were just cheap.
Shows: We only saw a few bits of one here and there since they were after bedtime for our daughter.
Character Breakfast: You had to pay a bit extra for it but they make it really nice. The characters have good costumes, not cheap looking at all and you can get lots of photos.
Photographer: You can do a photo shoot for free but to buy them its super expensive but they did turn out nice. The sales guy at the photo shop is the one person on this trip that super annoyed me though, definitely a sales guy and I'm sure we did not make his day as we bought the smallest package.
Overall a great family vacation as my husband & I got lots of adult time, baby was well taken care of when we were away and we did fun family things all together as well. Good memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario"s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa Providenciales