“Great family vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Beaches Turks & Caicos
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Rd, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$170 Early Booking Bonus!
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Chicago, Illinois
“Great family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at Beaches in the Caribbean Village from 8/17 - 8/23. We had a 2 bedroom suite, there was plenty of space but the furniture and fixtures (bath/kitchen) were not as luxurious as we were expecting. We've stayed at quite a few adult all inclusive resorts and were expecting the same quality but once we got over that aspect everything else was superb.

We have an 8 month old who went to Camp Sesame each morning. The ladies there were very nice, always remembered her name since day 1. She was in the infant room which went up to 12 months, they had lots of toys, cribs, swings & rockers which was perfect for her since she is a crawler but also needs naps. I would pack her a small tupperware of lunch food from the breakfast buffet and the nannies fed her each day as instructed per my notes. They do have a fridge but you need to bring your own tupperware from home.

The night nanny service is great too. We scheduled a nanny for every night we were there. Our daughter goes to bed by 6:30 or 7 so we had a lady come each evening after bedtime for 3 hours so we could get dinner alone. We got the same lady each day and also saw her at camp sesame so it was nice.

The pools are all well kept, super clean. Swim up bars, they all make good drinks. I'm a vodka drinker and they had Absolute vodkas in different flavors. Not a great beer selection. Wine was available and quite good for the included type.

At the pools I was impressed at how the staff got people to participate in activities. They were definitely good at entertaining the older kids, taking them to play games so parents could relax. And you'd always see the camp kids out on adventures, seemed like fun. Even stuff like water aerobics they got most of the pool to participate which was fun but they do not pick on you which is good.

Restaurants : Sopadilla's (adult only) was the best one. Went twice. Great quality seafood. Le Petit Chateau (adult only) also great, did steak here (a bit too saucy for my taste though) but crab cakes and desert were great! For lunch our favorite was Mario's (Italian), good buffet. The new Key West Village has 3 restaurants, all outdoors with nice beach views. For breakfast we tried a variety of spots, each is about the same but nice to get different scenery.

Butlers: We had butler service. At first we weren't sure what to use them for but turned out it was nice to have but I'm not sure its fully needed. Although with it you never need to wait for a table, they reserve one for you each night and try to make it special with flowers. We also used them to get cabanas, you can get them at either the Italian Village or Caribbean and then they also bring you a cooler with drinks which is nice. And they did a few special things for us like get my daughter strawberries ( which were never at the buffets) and dinner items earlier than the room service menu states. The one thing I didn't like is the cell phones never seemed to work properly. We'd have to call multiple times to get through and not sure if service was just poor or the phones were just cheap.

Shows: We only saw a few bits of one here and there since they were after bedtime for our daughter.

Character Breakfast: You had to pay a bit extra for it but they make it really nice. The characters have good costumes, not cheap looking at all and you can get lots of photos.

Photographer: You can do a photo shoot for free but to buy them its super expensive but they did turn out nice. The sales guy at the photo shop is the one person on this trip that super annoyed me though, definitely a sales guy and I'm sure we did not make his day as we bought the smallest package.

Overall a great family vacation as my husband & I got lots of adult time, baby was well taken care of when we were away and we did fun family things all together as well. Good memories!

6,010 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,467)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I recently visited the resort for a week with my wife and young teenagers. We were looking for a place where we could spend time together or separately. It was nice to not have to worry about them feeding themselves or not being in a safe environment. The Beaches resort is all-inclusive and caters to families. There is a wide range of rooming options and price levels. Besides sleeping, showering or changing, we spent little time in our room. There are plenty of things to do and the food quality was good, and better than expected.
As for rooms, we stayed in the French Village. The rooms were fine but nothing special. They were clean, but a little dated. The location is good for being close to the water park and the evening entertainment, but it is the furthest from the beach. It is about a 5 - 10 minute walk to the beach. The French Village pool was one of the best on the property, being very large and open with a nice swim up bar. The Italian Village also had a nice pool. The others were good, but smaller in size and a little more dated looking. At times chairs could be hard to come by, but no more so than ANY other place you can go.
The Waterpark was ok, but not great. It is really geared more to the under 10 set. More of a splash park with a nice lazy river and a couple of slides. It did also have a wave simulator that you could boogie board or surf in. This was cool, but often had a line for 2 minutes of fun. Young teens spent some time in here but not as much as I had hoped. If you want a real water park, head to the Atlantis in the Bahamas.
The beaches were AMAZING. Soft white sand and the clearest blue water. Easily tops the Bahamas, Dominican Republic or the Florida Keys. They have a long stretch of beach and there were never problems finding a chair. The water sports were great fun once you got the hang of their "system" and took any needed lessons. You could get paddleboards, windsurfing, kayaks, hobie kats, water bikes for 30 minutes and then return them. We were on and off them all day. On a few occasions you may have to wait 10 minutes to get something. Be warned, that except for windsurfing, an adult is needed for all of this unless your kid is 16 or older. The snorkeling trips were hit or miss. They boat you about 10 minutes off the beach and let you loose. The water was beautiful, but the amount of sea life varied. We had greater success walking 15 minutes down the beach to a reef park to snorkel. There we saw all sorts of fish, coral, rays, barracudas and sea turtles.
The food and drink were good quality. Generally we did the buffet restaurants for breakfast. This offered great variety and speed of service. Sit down breakfast was good, but long and not quite the same selections. No reservations are taken except at the hibachi restaurant, Kimonos. We had fun at Kimonos, but don't expect volcanoes and traditional chef performances. This is hibachi "Island style." We ate at all sit down restaurants and found the food to be good to very good, especially the fish entrees. I was surprised at the reviews of Arizona's by many. We had a great steak dinner one evening and had several lunches there as their "jerk station" was a big hit. We did hit Le Petit Chateau, which is one of 2 adult only restaurants. It was great to have a nice quite meal for two. The service was generally good. In some cases it was excellent. I was especially impressed given they do not work for tips. I do suggest eating earlier, Pre 6:30, to avoid the crowds, otherwise you may have a bit of a wait.
The bars were good with a decent house wine series by Berenger, and mid shelf liquor like Finlandia, Jack Daniels, and Bombay Sapphire Gin. Beer was not great being limited US domestics of Bud, MGD, and miller lite when you could find it. Turkhead beer was ok, but the light version was undrinkable. You could find some other offerings in select locations, like Guinness in the Cricketer's Pub. The mixed drinks were well made. There could have been a few more bar locations and at night this was more of a challenge once the pool bars closed down. It was also hard to find beachside service. So again, not terrible, but not great in terms of bar access. (But it is a family resort so perhaps this is why..)
The evening entertaining was just that, entertaining. It was good family fun, some more interesting than others. But there was little more to do at night, so we watched. Once 9:30pm came, it was very quiet unless you hit a bar.
There were teen clubs, an X-box room, teen game rooms with pool, air hockey, etc. All good fun for the kids. They had a list of events each day, so you could find activities if you wanted to. Thins from bingo to tie-dyeing shirts.
The locals on the beach were relatively easy going in terms of hawking boat rides, para sailing etc. You were asked a lot, but a simple, no thank you or perhaps later was easily accepted.
The are tons of photo people and they will take your pictures and even set up a family photo shoot. This can be quite fun. And the pictures do look very good, how ever it was the one thing that was ridiculously expensive. I actually laughed when I saw the prices for a cd of the photos. Expect to pay $10-12 per image. The cheapest was $185 for 15 pictures and went up to $2500. One should expect these to be pricey, but this seemed exorbitant.
It was a very good place for a family vacation with many things to do. It was nice that everything was included and no tipping was needed. That being said, it was an expensive trip.
As for a tip, getting into Turks was easy, leaving was awful. Be prepared to wait in the long hot outdoor lines and then in a terminal the size of your basement. Bring food from the hotel. Several folks were smart to bring pizzas and pastries from the resort. If not you will have to go with $7 tubes of Pringles or $11 slices of "pizza".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Me and my family was there in June 2012 it was the vacation ever no complain from the beach pool food service was excellent I will be returning in July 2013 to renew my vows cant wait to return with my family. ..rate 10 out of 5..

• Stayed July 2013
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us! We look forward to planning your vow renewal ceremony! We are positive that you will be blown away by what the staff plans! Have a great day!
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just got back yesterday from a Sunday to Sunday stay at the Italian Village. The Island is absolutely beautiful and the weather could not have been better. Unfortunately that is the extend of our positive experience.

With 3 girls ages 12, 9, and 6, we thought it would be a great time to experience Beaches since we have read and heard so much about the resort and it's amenities. The hype is exactly that....hype, DON'T BELIEVE IT! The service, the food, the rooms.... all BAD :(

Let me first begin with the service. As mentioned in many of the negative reviews posted this month, the staff seemed over-worked and unhappy with their jobs. Many of the busier places would only have 1 or 2 people working. For example, Booby Dee's would have only 1 blender to make shakes!?!? Meanwhile the line is out the door and this same person making the shakes trys to help (unhappily) the other 25 guest with ice cream cones and popcorn.

The popular swim up bar at the main pool in the Italian would have bartenders who want nothing to do with you because they have butler orders to fill. I sat there with a few other guest and we started talking about how invisible we must be and how amazing it was that the bartender could look right at us without acknowledging our existence (this was the case at every bar I visited). Service at the restaurants were no better. To be fair, out of the entire week, there would probably be a hand full of staff members who were very nice. Everything at the much hyped brick oven pizza places and burger places takes 25 mins, that's the company line. They prefer that you say never mine and leave. If you want a latte at the French bakery, be prepare to wait if your timing is bad and the one or two workers are preparing butler orders.

We booked the Italian Oceanview Concierge Family Suite with Kids Room. Upon check in, a man took us to our room with a pool view and zero view of the ocean. When questioned why we didn't have an ocean view, the mand said (with a straight face and wasn't kidding) "it's just called oceanview, it doesn't mean you will have one". REALLY!!?!?!

I immediately emailed my travel agent who contacted the hotel guest manager. The guest manager then called me and said she would show me a room the next day and asked me to meet her to show me the new room. After a half hour wait, the manager never shows up and the personnel at concierge offer no assistance except to say, "she will be with you shortly". YEAH, I SHOULD SPEND MY VAC TIME WAITING IN A LOBBY FOR AN APPT YOU REQUESTED!!!! I left and asked them to let the manager NOT to ever contact me again. Again, to be fair, they did finally rectify the situaiton and provide us with an oceanview but not without much aggravation.

Don't even think about getting a shaded spot under an umbrella or cabana near the pool or beach! The butlers are out in force taking spot that their people don't even use! I talked to several guest and we all had the same complaint that the best spots go unuse the entire day because the butler people may or may not use them. Same is true with the blue floating Beaches devices in the pool, for some reason, some of the "privileged" guest think they should put the device in their cabanas or lounge chairs and save it for their use maybe 5 or 10 hours later. ...REALLY !! IS THAT NICE!!!? what about the guest that are there NOW?!?!

Also, our kids favorite pool with the waterslides was closed for 2 days. I went to the front desk to inquire and all I got was that it will probably open soon but not really committing and not really willing to look into it. This is what they mean by concierge service?!??!!?

Botton line, if you enjoy drinking (alchol) and enjoy quantity as oppose to quality of food and can eat a lot of it, and you don't really care about service, and if you're a smoker (unfortunately, my kids got a lot of second hand smoke), you may love this place. But for a normal considerate family from NY and has experienced decent food.... you may not like it. For the most part, the arrogant, rude and obnoxious people that feel they paid a high price and therefore are entitled to being selfish will also love this place, because the staff couldn't care less.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We are truly sorry that you did not get the Beaches Turks and Caicos experience that you have read about in countless other reviews. We pride ourselves in providing guest with excellent service and quality. If at any time you did not receive just that, we do apologize.

We appreciate your feedback, as we use this as a gauge to ascertain areas that must be improved upon. We thank you for your voicing your concerns and we will be discussing this further with management. We wish you the best and hope that in a future stay we will have the opportunity to provide the exemplary service for which we are known. Thank you again.
Swedesboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Travled with husband, 14 year old son & 12 year old daughter

Room- Carribean Village, first floor walk out = loved it!
We had a king with pull out & trundle for the kids. It looked exactly like the website image.The first one awake each day opened the curtains so we could all slowly awaken to the gorgeous view. Housekeepng did the room twice a day, first to clean, second to turn down and replenish towels and ammenities.

Pool & Beach - WOW! We went back and forth between the ocean and the pools all day. Never had chair issues. At the Carribean the Arizona Pool was more crowded then the Iguana Pool but we always found something. The beachfront is so long that finding chairs was never a problem. The Italian Pool was very loud and crowded and so was the beach in front of their buildings. The French pool was nice, the Key West pools small and very quiet. Pool Bars were fun but definetly on "Island Time". The staff was fun and will joke, dance and even serve drinks on their heads but do not expect anyone to jump as soon as you sit down, relax and they will give you friendly service on their time.

Snorkling - We did a boat trip one morning, sign ups begin at 8AM for the next day and fill up very fast. We had fun but didn't see anything we hadn't seen taking a short walk down the beach to the Coral Gardens. Lots of beautiful fish. Others we met saw turtles but we never did :(
We brought our own equipment and this was our favorite pastime.

Restuarants - We hit all but 3 and enjoyed the food and service very much. The buffets had "to go" boxes which you could fill with your choice of food, a nice way to bring breakfast to the late sleepers in the group. I avoided Bobby Dee's at first thinking it was just for kids. It is open 19 hours a day and is a great place to stop in for the self serve area which features soft serve, pizza and hot dogs when you want just a small bite between activities.

Night Life - Loved Turtles Bar and met fun people from England, Italy and all over the U.S. Went to Club Liquid twice when Turles closed and a large group of us headed over to continue the fun.

Kids Activities - Our kids enjoyed the Shadow Lounge, XBox center, (and were plesently surprised to see the XBox in the room although they had not brought games so were limited to what was preloaded) water park (well we all liked that) and went to Club Liquid during teen hours a couple time. They choose not to join in day time teen activities because we were having so much water fun together as a family.

Very Slight Problems -1 = we made 8:30 reservations for Kimono's and were all hungry by the time we arrived. The host told us he didn't see our name and as soon as he saw our disappointment stated that he did not want to spoil our vacation and acted ready for us put up a fight. We laughed and said it would take a lot more than that to spoil our vacation and headed to Mario's for a delicious Italian buffet. We did get reservations for a different night and enjoyed Kimono's very much. 2 =Our dinner at Soy had a very long wait until the food was served but two waiters kept filling our glasses, joking, chatting and apologizing. They made it a fun night and we were not in a hurry any way so it was nice sitting there enjoying the atmosphere.

Photo Shoot - lots of fun(we laughed the whole time) and the pictures turned out great. Narrowing down the choices to an affordable number was our biggest problem

Arrival/departure - We were greeted at the airport with cold bottles of water. 5 or 6 Beaches vans were waiting. Our luggage was loaded and we were wisked to our resort in minutes. As the van door opened we were handed cool towels, led to the counter were fruit punch with or without rum was served then directed to a sofa for sit down check-in. It was just before 3 but our room was ready and we were unpacked and in the ocean asap. Leaving was not as much fun. Beaches depatrure lounge was comfortable and had cold water bottles and cookies. The airport was, as expected, hot and crowded. We stood in line a full hour waiting to go through security. Workers did distribute water bottles and everyone around us was friendly. The waiting area was beyond full but after a short time we found seats near a fan.

Overview - If you cannot be happy here you have more problems than a vacation could solve.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! We are ecstatic to hear that your entire family enjoyed their stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos! We truly do aim to give all members of a family an amazing time and we are pleased you could enjoy the island surroundings together. We look forward to seeing you in the future and hearing more about the memories made with us.!
Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our 10th trip to Beaches Turks & Caicos, and 19th trip to a Sandals/Beaches overall. We visited from 7/6/13 - 7/14/13. We travelled as an extended family, with 3 rooms.

The resort claimed to be fully booked at the time of our arrival. Despite our Diamond Level SS status, and the fact that we had booked a non-entry level room, we did not receive an upgrade. No big deal, but we were disappointed to hear many families excitedly talking about their room upgrades during our trip. We were also surprised that during our trip, no one telephoned us during our stay to inquire as to trip satisfaction, or just to inquire as to how we were doing. We typically receive almost daily calls "checking up" on our visit. Again, no major issue, but a noted change in service.

The resort grounds were beautiful, as always. The landscaping is breathtaking, and nicely incorporated into the property. The attention to maintenance of the landscaping was excellent. I did find it surprising that cut grass was left scattered on the sidewalk area near the IV pool, with no one present blowing/sweeping it away. With wet feet, the grass quickly attached itself to passerby.

The pools were nice and well maintained. We did not spend much time at the IV pool this visit, as it was excessively crowded. The French Village pool had wonderfully comfortable chairs. The waterpark was a nice distraction for a few hours each day for my 9-year old daughter. We encountered an extremely patient employee at the surf simulator, who took the time to work with my daughter to have her body surf. Thank you!!

The beach was stunning as always. We are beach lovers, and spent much time at the beach. We able to find chairs, sometimes with a little bit of searching. The beachside drink servers were nice, although their presence was infrequent. It would be nice if a small beachside bar area could be added, or if more beachside servers could be added. It is unfortunate that the vendors are allowed to freely walk the beach area, all the way up to the boardwalk area. On some occasions, a simple "no" did not suffice, as we were then asked "when, why, etc," We had to have been asked over 50 times during our visit, if we wanted our daughter's hair braided.

The restaurants were good. Service was good for the most part, with the exception of two areas. One evening, we experienced spotty service at Mario's for dinner. There was a 1.75 hour wait. When we were finally seated, the server only brought a portion of our drink order. When our entrees arrived, a few (in our total of 8 entrees) were cold and clumped together. The server did not return at time to check on our satisfaction. Gordon's is in need of many more servers during lunch. The 2 waitresses working during our visit were completely overwhelmed. Our standout meal was at Sapodillas, were the service and food quality was amazing. We also had wonderful service at Sky, as well as a wonderful view.

Yes, the presence of the butler level groups could be intrusive at times. What we found to be particularly deceptive, is that several large groups actually only had one butler room. However, the entire group would take advantage of the perk of the butler. We encountered several large groups of 15 - 20, loudly talking about how smart it was to have booked only one butler room, but then have all of the group use the butler for dining purposes. This is an area in need of regulation, as I do not think that this is the intent of the Butler program at Beaches. The butlers appeared to be hard working, and it was cute to see their interaction with young children.

The vacation itself was relaxing as always. We love T & C, and look forward to our visits. With the acquisition of the new property, the crowds are more noticeable at meal time. We are booked to return with friends for a visit this winter, as well as with our family visit next summer. During our family visit, we have booked a butler villa in the Key West Village and are looking forward to enjoying the butler services offered.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! As a frequent guest of our Sandals and Beaches Resorts, you are quite familiar with the standards of excellence we abide by. I'm disappointed to hear of some of the small details that you felt were overlooked and in the future we will look to improve on those areas. However, I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we will see you again on future trips with us!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our Beaches Turks & Caicos experience was truly exceptional! We stayed in Key West Village and were blown away with our villa, the professionalism of the staff and the way everyone worked together to deliver such phenomenal service each and every day.

Our Butlers Carlington and Khalil were amazing! They pulled out all the stops for pur anniversary, anticipated our every need and were absolutely brilliant in ensuring we enjoyed a wide array of services that brought smiles to everyone in our party - ranging from 4 years old to 70 years young. ;)

We met so many wonderful people on this vacation - staff and other vacationers. Based on the excellent service, we've already decided to come back to this resort.

The beach was lovely, the catamaran cruise was fun, the food was good but the reason we all wish to return is because of the service delivered by 4 individuals:

Lorraine in housekeeping - thank you for taking such joy and pride in turning what we originally viewed as our temporary shelter into a warm and welcoming home.

Fortune Cookie at Kimonos - thank you for transforming a meal into an exceptional dining and theatrical experience. We have brought your best riddles back home to our friends and family... Truly Excellent ice breakers!

Finally, I have to end at the same place where it started for us.... The Butlers! Carlington and Khalil, sincere thanks for being intelligent, versatile, professional men who also happen to have a great sense of humour. You both made our stay very special and the moments you helped to shape will always be remembered in our family for generations.

Thank you Beaches Turks & Caicos... See you again very soon!

Room Tip: Key West delivered exceptional value. Very peaceful!