“Great Time at Key West Village” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$305 Spa or Tour Credit!
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Time at Key West Village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I just left Beaches, Key West Village and had a great experience. We did a split stay at Parrot Cay and Beaches, which were two polar opposite experiences but loved both in different ways. At Beaches if we were in the mood for peace and quiet we could find it. If we were in the mood for drinks and meeting other couples we could find that as well. We were worried about finding chairs and secluded areas on the beach but that was not a problem at all. There was miles of beaches with plenty of chairs. We enjoyed being able to walk the beach outside of the resort as well looking at the rest of Grace Bay. In our experience, you can't do that at other resorts.

We stayed at Key West Village, and when we go back will definetly book there again. It was definetly the quieter, cleaner, more contemporary part of the resort. If we go back with kids one day I would stay at Key West or Italian Village.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks & Caicos. We're so thrilled to read about your amazing stay in the new Key West Village. We wanted to create a truly luxurious experience for our future guests and it seems we achieved our goal during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another great experience.

Cassie C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,693)
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We booked our third trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos with Mark Brown @ Island Breeze Travel. His service was excellent. He handled everything for us in a very timely and professional manner. I highly recommend him and will definitely use him again for any future trips.

On arrival we were welcomed by the French Village Manager. We were then given some cold towels and a glass of rum punch. Our check in was quick and efficient. We were escorted to our room, which wasn't ready at the time. We waited in the hall for 20 minutes until it was ready. We've stayed in the French Village on our two other trips, in a different block. Our rooms have always been clean and lovely. This wasn't the case with our room this year. To start, it is very beaten up. Very weathered. It didn't look or smell freshly cleaned. Our fridge was unplugged and empty. It took a few phone calls over a couple of days to get it stocked. Our housekeeper was terrible. Our room was really dirty all week. I was wiping the floor in the bathroom with a cloth to get rid of any sand we brought in on our clothes. That was kind of a bummer. I didn't want to complain and take the chance of the housekeeper getting in trouble. I am convinced that there was some kind of mistake with our reservation. It almost felt like they weren't expecting us. Our invitation to the Sandals Select Luncheon had another families name on it. Our travel agent usually has a note and treat welcoming us. There wasn't anything. The forms we need to fill out each day for our sons food allergies, weren't in the room, like previous years. That made for a difficult dinner our first evening.

Most of the staff were phenomenal. I especially would like to thank Conrad and JoMo for some great meals at Soy. What amazing men they are. They had us laughing so hard. Their service was excellent! I really love Natrice as well. She is the lovely lady who does the hair braiding and tattoos near Bobby Dees. She is such a breath of fresh air. She makes every kid feel so special. Chef Paula did an amazing job helping me sort out any issues with my sons food allergies. She went above and beyond preparing safe meals for my son. Thank you!! We found this year that there were a lot more of the staff who didn't seem to be enjoying their jobs at all. Some of the staff at Bobby Dees were terrible. We didn't feel welcome there some days. We are the type of family to smile and say hello to everyone. We had staff members who would ignore us and not smile. I was shocked, as we didn't encounter this at all on previous trips. There were a lot of really ignorant tourists this year too. Maybe that's why some of the staff seemed grumpier...lol!!

The food was excellent as always! We really enjoyed the sushi at Soy. They had renovated and expanded since last year. It looks beautiful. We had the tenderloin steaks at Barefoot by the Sea. They were excellent. We loved Cricketeers burgers and fish and chips. Arizonas is delicious too. The lunch buffet is excellent. We really liked dinners there too. Reflections buffet was good for breakfast and lunch. No complaints regarding the food :) Finally tried the Dirty Banana.....it was as good as everyone says it is.

If anyone has any food issues, you need not to worry. The Culinary team is fantastic. My son has issues with Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Nuts and Sesame. He ate like a King. They give you forms to fill out and hand in each day. It seems like a pain in the butt, but it is so worth it. We didn't have to worry at all. They made my son the most amazing meals and desserts. He was a happy boy, which make me a happy Momma. Talk to Chef Paul if you need some guidance. She is amazing. She truly cares and understands.

The beach was breathtaking. We took out the kayaks, snorkeled, and body boarded. We had a blast. The pools were amazing too. We made an effort to spend some time in each pool. Every one of them are beautiful. We had no problems finding chairs or towels each day. The staff at the swim up bars were really great.

Although, we had a few issues, our trip was fantastic. We will be back. Maybe not next year, but again soon. I look forward to seeing any updates they do with their up coming closure.

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Love it as an all inclusive family spot. Already booked it for a return trip next year. One suggestion to mgmt : please lower the temperature of the pools a bit and keep the pools cleaner. The water is kept way too warm. I understand the desire to keep it comfortable for the kids, but the water was so warm that we, adults, could not enjoy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We take one large family vacation a year and always try to have a little something for the kids and some luxury for the adults. Having stayed and at Atlantis (Coves) in the Bahamas last year and loved it (we did their dining plan as well), we thought we would try a kids oriented all- inclusive resort again.

From the get go we heard great things about Beaches but were leery about the food options. The location of the resort is fantastic. The beaches are beautiful and most definitely a highlight. We stayed at the French Village. The rooms were clean, but not luxury by any means. I didn't expect a 5 star hotel but I thought for the money they would be a bit nicer. We did book with Mike from Dreammakers and he attempted an upgrade to the Italian Village prior to our departure, but it just didn't work out for us. I later found out from other guests that if you asked to be upgraded at any point during your stay you will have better luck. One guest told me he was upgraded from the French to Italian and it was like going from the Marriott to the Ritz.

The housekeeping staff was excellent and extremely accommodating to our crazy schedule of napping children. The front desk staff was also very pleasant helping us out with some healthy snacks and dairy free options in the room. I did mention to Mike our Dreammakers travel agent that we needed some soy milk in the room as we have dairy allergies but we never did get it. I was also a bit disappointed that it wasn't until the end of our trip that we found out about the culinary concierge who helps notify the restaurants of any special dietary requests prior to you eating there. I felt our travel agent being aware of our dairy allergies should of let us know about this in advance ( I only say this because they claim to be Beaches experts).

The restaurants are mediocre at best. For breakfasts Mario's had the best buffet, which still gets old after a while. The options never change and often times the food was cold. Schooners actually has a sit down breakfast service which I prefer, the menu was small but fairly good. Lunch and dinners were okay, nothing standout. The sushi was poor quality I thought and I was a bit nervous to eat. The Japanese Hibachi was entertaining but certainly not fabulous food. Schooners was most likely the better restaurant we ate at.

All in all, we had a good time. The kids were happy with the pools and beaches, but honestly for the money we all would of been happier at a better hotel with better restaurants. I don't think we will go back again much less do another all-inclusive resort unless it it a dining plan like Atlantis or Disney.

• Stayed February 2013
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited the Beaches, Turks and Caicos Resort in early May for 5 nights with our toddler. We booked through a travel agent who knew the property and understood our need for quiet with a toddler still taking naps. Our TA made sure that the room we reserved was confirmed but when we arrived, the resort "upgraded" us to a different room RIGHT BY THE POOL. It seems that some days the resort has a DJ that screams the ENTIRE afternoon - he never even took a break to breathe! Noise travels into the rooms easily - from patio furniture being moved around and from housekeeping rolling laundry bins up and down the hall every few minutes. We finally got moved to the original room we reserved (I guess they overbooked but never admit it) which was much quieter and more space but the rooms are not maintained very well. We had ants, mold and mildew in the bathroom and all over the tiled floors, and rust all over the bathroom area. The pools were really nice for young children and the beach was very pretty and clean at this location but once you get inside the rooms it just didn't seem to be worth what we paid. The activities and entertainment were good but we were looking for a clean, quiet room - and Beaches was a great disappointment. Other things to note is that most of the restaurants (which are surprisingly good for an all inclusive) are closed from 10:30 or 11 until 12:30 - which isn't a big deal until you travel with a child that needs to eat before nap...the only option was brick oven pizza - which was really good - but there are only so many times you can eat it in one week. Also, beware of the photographers...they approached us on the beach and offered "complimentary 30 minute photo shoots" and we were told they would take our pictures anywhere on grounds. Maybe it was just the photographer we had but she wouldn't take the pictures anywhere but right on the beach (even though she told us earlier that she would shoot in a garden) and only shot 5 minutes of poor pictures and rushed us off. Maybe it was just poor luck but we wasted a lot of time getting ready for 5 minutes of poor photos. They don't even post the pictures so you can look through them and purchase when you get home...you have to sit at the shop while you are on vacation and go through the pictures...not exactly what I want to do when on vacation....luckily I only had about 40-50 pictures to look through. There were some good things about the resort - entertainment (as long as it doesn't rain), good food, pools for kids, access to drinks at numerous bars, great location on the beach...but for us, it wasn't worth the money for a dirty room. When we took such great care to ensure we would have a room away from the pool and in a quiet area and then end up right next to the pool anyway it was really disappointing and frustrating - making for a less than relaxing week. I raised my concerns to the resort but they don't seem to care. Would love to go back to Turks & Caicos - but will definitely be staying somewhere else if we ever get the chance to go again.

Room Tip: Parrot Cay Honeymoon suites are in a quiet location but the rooms aren't updated or maintained t...
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We travelled with 2 year old twins (just turned 2) in February vacation week. This week wasn't our first choice of week as we had originally planned to go 2 weeks earlier but the snowstorm prevented us from leaving Boston. Fortunately Mitch of Tripguy who had booked our trip managed to secure another week and found new flights for us de spite the fact that Beaches was almost to full capacity and seats on flights were few and far between. I highly recommend this travel agent -I do not normally use agents but as this was the first vacation we were taking with young children I wanted to use someone with knowledge of suitable child friendly resorts.
Arriving at the airport was effortless we were collected by the Beaches driver with bottled water as soon as we exited the airport and reached Beaches in 15 minutes - all very important when you have very tired toddlers.
unfortunately our room wasn't ready as we came on an early flight so I would suggest if you have a choice of flights and have young children take a later one so you can check into your room as soon as you arrive. We went to Mario's for lunch which has a fabulous buffet and something for everyone. The staff were very friendly and accommodating during our stay, I did request milk to be in the room on arrival and daily and sometimes had to ask for it several times, but we got it eventually.
We stayed in the Tuscan village which was really lovely and had great pools with lots of activities. My only criticism would be that the loud music they play at the pool can be heard from some of the rooms all day long. All of the villages were nice and the French village pool seemed a lot more peaceful if that is your preference. The Caribbean village was also very nice we would have been happy to have stayed in any of the villages. All of the restaurants were wonderful, we particularly liked Arizonas for its jerk chicken but were really happy with all of them. Bobby Dees doesn't have much atmosphere but great for icecream, popcorn and kids meals.
The childrens' entertainment is particularly good with it's link to Sesame Street, the kids club is extremely well run and the staff are lovely. The fact that they give you a cell phone in th event they need to contact you is very reassuring. My twins went there a few times during the week, I wasn't sure if they would stay but they did, they did lots of activities with them including swimming. We also hired a wagon to wheel the kids around in which they loved. The Beach party on our last night was brilliant and very well organised. We also used the babysitting service 3 times which I was initially nervous about but again the women we used were wonderful and came to our room once our twins were asleep.
When we first arrived at Beaches we were approached by a photographer who we later used for a photo shoot, she took some lovely photos despite my two children not cooperating. My only criticism was when I went to view and purchase the photos the queues of people were long and the viewing took too long, I think they need more staff/viewing screens in the shop and also the fact that you aren't able to view the photos once you get home which would lead to further purchases, is a real shame. Every other professional photographer that I have used has offered a website service to view photos and therefore take your time in choosing the ones you wish to buy. We used the nurse and doctor service on site which was very good. Overall this was a great place and we had a lovely holiday. I would not go to Beaches Turks and Caicos if I did not have children - it really is a place for adults with kids. Lastly I want to say again the staff at Beaches are really wonderful and can't do enough for you.

Room Tip: I would choose the Caribbean or French village if you prefer it to be more peaceful. The Tuscan vil...
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a great week! We just returned from an amazing week at Beaches Turks & Caicos and can't wait to go back!

First -- a great big thank you to the BEST travel agent ever -- Steve Curnow of Beach Bum Vacation, who not only took care of every detail leading up to our trip, but surprised us upon arrival by arranging an upgrade from the French Village room we reserved to a Two Bedroom Family Suite in the Italian Village!!! Thanks Steve -- you are the greatest!

The Great: The resort is beautiful! People and service were great. Rooms clean and spacious. Ocean was gorgeous - best I've ever seen. Loved the food -- with all the restaurants, there was always plenty to choose from. Plenty of chairs on the beach and around the pools -- we never had an issue finding 8 chairs together. While we were there - May 18 - 25 - the resort was pretty close to full and you never would have known it.

The Bonus: Our girls (9 & 11) and our friends boys (6 & 8) absolutely loved the water park and the kids club! They were choosing to go every day and most nights! There were tons of activities based on their ages like going to the water park, scavenger hunts, basketball and volleyball games, kayaking, snorkeling, etc. - you name it! At night, they had pajama parties, movies and even a bonfire!!! Counselors were AWESOME -- kids loved them! They are already asking to go back!

A couple MINOR (and I mean minor) negatives: The airport leaving on a Saturday -- small, confusing and crowded! We arrived 3 hours early and never made it all the way through the security line before they came looking for everyone on our flight because the plane was boarding. I've heard that weekdays are much less crowded.

Only other negative -- the non-Beaches parasailing/water sports guys that hang around the beach. They will stop you every time -- even if you just walked by a minute earlier -- to see if you want to go parasailing or tubing, etc. Got a bit annoying after a few days.

Beaches Turks & Caicos was truly awesome! Highly recommended for anyone looking for a resort with something for everyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!