“Re-located to Beaches for adults only trip & pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to $750 Booking BONUS!
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Providenciales
Rochester, New York, United States
“Re-located to Beaches for adults only trip & pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We originally booked our anniversary (adults-only) trip at The Veranda (now the Key West Village at Beaches). A few months before our trip, we found out via Facebook that The Veranda was sold to Beaches. There wasn’t any proactive effort to let us know what this meant for us and to keep us from canceling. No one we spoke with seemed to know anything. The information changed multiple times and ultimately we were re-located to a similar room at Beaches a month before our trip. Since it was too late to cancel, we hoped for the best, nervous since Beaches had been sold out prior to this. The transition could have been made a lot smoother for their customers.

When we arrived, we were greeted with bottled water, punch and cool towels. But none of our 3 rooms were what we were promised (Caicos Premium King). Two were 1st floor rooms and the other had double beds. All the views were mediocre at best in the far west wing (other buildings and something loud and smelly covered up by a barrier). We spoke with Rommel, the Caribbean Village manager, who was very nice but told us they were oversold by 12 rooms in this category, a common occurrence. He had nothing to offer us but could move us the next day. He did come through - we all moved to the correct rooms in the east wing with much nicer views the next day – along with a few other perks including reservations at Kimono’s which we had a hard time getting. If they don’t have what you booked, ask them how they can make it right and they probably will.

Once we got past this corporate disappointment and the room situation, we were pleasantly surprised with the resort itself. The grounds are beautiful and meticulously maintained, the food is average to great, most of the staff is very friendly and the wide stretch of beach is gorgeous. The resort seems big at first but is not so big that you can’t be anywhere in 5 minutes (the far end of the Key West village will be a little hike), there are lots of choices and it never seems that crowded.

We liked the Caribbean Village. Great location and the rooms (with very small balconies) were nice, mostly clean and plenty up-to-date. The pools are plenty warm enough (The IV pool felt like bath water) and much quieter than the others, although getting a seat in the shade is still tough. Like the beach, you have to reserve one by 8am.

Yes, this is ranked as the #1 family resort and obviously draws families with Camp Sesame, the parade and train. But, we adults thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, aside from people asking us why we were at Beaches without our kids. We weren’t bothered by any unruly children, we enjoyed the adults-only restaurants, late-night karaoke and had our share of fun on the water slides and lazy river.

We never had a bad meal. Schooner’s, where you are greeted with mimosas, is great for an a la carte breakfast overlooking the beach. Definitely start one of your mornings off by digging your feet into the sand at Barefoot by the Sea. Mario’s and Giuseppe’s had wonderful, huge buffets. Don’t miss Kimono’s but try to get a reservation ahead of time or the moment you arrive. Great coffee and pastries (get a to-go box) at Café de Paris! The chocolate-filled croissants at each of the restaurants are to die for!

Ask Alla at the Caribbean Village excursions desk about discounts! We enjoyed the sunset catamaran cruise. We also went off-site to Provo Ponies and rode the horses right into the water - a must do! Make reservations before you arrive.

Don’t bother with the free snorkeling tour unless you are just looking for a boat ride (make reservations a day or more ahead). If you want to see more, check out free equipment for 2 hours and walk down the beach a few minutes to Coral Gardens. We tried SNUBA here too and it was such a cool experience.

Areas for improvement:
The room floors were in need of daily vacuuming/washing (or at least provide slippers). When we walked around the tile floors in both rooms, our feet were filthy. We felt we had to wear our shoes until we got into bed.

They seemed to need even more staff at some of the restaurants. There would often times be waiting times with plenty of tables empty. They rarely came back to check on you, especially at buffets. They could also use more people coming around serving drinks at the pools and on the beach. We hardly ever saw anyone.

They could re-stock towels more often – many of the cabinets were empty.

The wine selection that is included all across the resort is a choice between 2 whites and 2 reds. It would be nice to add another wine or two.

Despite receiving emails before our trip from Sandals about celebrating our anniversary, there was never any acknowledgment once there about our anniversary.

And the rumors they say about leaving the airport on a Saturday are true. We knew this so it softened the blow, but we did wait 90 minutes in line. The least busy day to leave is a Tuesday and if you have a way to check in online ahead of time AND print your boarding passes AND not check any luggage, you can avoid one of the lines.

We had a great time and miss the gorgeous beach already. Although it would be very expensive, we hope we can return someday with our kids. Beaches/Sandals corporate could just step it up a bit.

Room Tip: The Caribbean Village is great. It's the least expensive, the rooms are nice (not that you spend...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JillP19

Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

By far the best trip my wife and I have ever taken thanks to our very close friends
if you want to be spoiled this is the place to go the food is nothing short of incredible
same with the service
We had two butlers Clara and Arnold again I cant say enough but i will try, they were absolutely
fantastic every little detail like where we wanted to eat and relax wheather it was by
the beach or the pool or where ever, It was set up for us with an amazing thought
to detail towels made into different animals, they brought food and drinks,they were there when ever we needed them and if you have never tried the butler service I highly recommend it just ask for Clara and Arnold we meet a lot of great bar tenders as well. I just cant say enough about this resort and its empolyees Thanks sandles for the trip of a life time
Rhonda and Dave Thomson Seagrave On Canada

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave T
Middletown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Second trip back and just as great as the first time. Beaches Turks &Caicos resort has gone completely out of their way to make our trip even better than the first time. As return guest we had a wonderful luncheon for our family of 19 at schooners the kids did the catamaran ,snorkeling volley ball, tug of war and some other games for our family and called it the Olympics. We had a dinner at kimonos which was more of a dinner show , the kids had a ball. The restaurants were great the beach was fabulous the pool was glorious and the weather was perfect. It doesn't get better than that.Rooms were spotless service was great property is manicured and kept that way.We were 12 adults 7 kids ages 16 to 8 . We stayed at the Caribbean in the parrot cay.My only problem was we had to leave.

Northborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I just returned from Beaches Turks and Caicos. We stayed the 15-22nd of April. 2 Adults and four children aged, 10, 10, 15, 16. For the most part it was a great week. The weather was beautiful, the food was great, and the staff was generally extremely friendly. We stayed in a deluxe oceanfront suite in the Italian Village. It was a great location to get to the main attraction-(for us) the Italian Village pool. The pool was Great. Warm water, and the swim up bar was excellent. There was a calendar of events that was tough to find, but seemed filled with interesting events. It didn't really play out like that, though, as there weren't really many games and events during the day for entertainment, like volleyball, trivia, etc. They did have a few games for the kids and adults during the week, but not much. The pool is too shallow for volleyball in my opinion. Anyway, the entertainment at night was nice, and kept everyone interested. Club liquid was nice for the older kids to get away for a little bit of independence at night. The restaurants were generally excellent. I didn't particularly care for Giuseppes, and felt Bobby D's was a little tattered and seemed to lack cleanliness. Schooners, Arizona, Kimonos, and all the other places we ate were excellent. The waterpark and lazy river were great. Challenging enough for all the kids, and never too crowded to enjoy yourself. The grounds are beautiful, and the grounds crew work very hard to keep it looking great. A few areas look like they needed some maintenance of grass, and some serious bush trimming. Overall, the place id very beautiful.
Negatives- One of my kids has a food allergy. The folks at Beaches ARE very willing to help out, and to do their best to insure nothing happens, BUT I felt the process was not smooth at all. I feel like each and every restaurant should be able to handle this request in a timely and efficient manner. They could not. The on site stores charge an arm and a leg for sunscreen. When I say arm and a leg, I am actually not exaggerating. I wish I was. I admit it kind of irks me to feel like you are being taken advantage of when a 6 ounce bottle of sunscreen, cost 21 dollars or MORE. You need it, and they take advantage. Not good business in my opinion.
The Parasail, banana boat, hair braiding people harassing you before you even reach the beach EVERY day, Every single time you go to the beach got old QUICKLY. The woman doing braids at the pool charges way too much money, as does the paint on tatoo woman. Extremely too much. This stuff should be free, really. The photograpy place was ridiculously expensive. I bought 2 photos, for 32 dollars.
Finally, my biggest gripe- The pool chairs. There is a sign, that clearly states you cannot reserve seats at the pool. No one enforces this rule, so by 10 am plus or minus, it is nearly impossible to find some seats together, and certainly no seats with an umbrella of any kind. On several occasions, I sat in the vicinity of anywhere from 6-20 chirs at the pool. Many were "marked taken" with a towel, a beach shoe, a baseball hat., etc.. Many of these people NEVER showed up. We swam most days from 10-11 am until 6-630 pm. It was a major downer. Especially when at 4:30 a family shows up after a day snorkeling, or golfing, or who knows what, to pick up their shoes and hats...and never uses their "reserved" seats. The cabanas are all spoken for, and no one explained prior to travel that these seem to be booked months in advance, which I don't really understand. On day one we were told they were all booked for the week???
Don't get me wrong, we had a great week. It just seems to me that it is the attention to the little details that make a great trip into an outstanding experience. This was great, but could easily be so much better. I would expect "all inclusive to be a little more "all inclusive" and less a la carte.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Italian Village ar close to all the action. If you want to be close this is great...
1 Thank Tucker1141743
Burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first time to Beaches and it was everything we had hoped for! We have 4 kids who are 7 yr old twins, a 2 yr old, and 13 month old. We were greeted with cool towels, drinks, and cookies. Our check-in went smoothly and the girl who checked us in was awesome (can't remember her name). We stayed in the Tuscan oceanview family suite with separate kids room. We were on the 3rd floor and at the end of the building so we had a big tree to look at and we had to lean over our balcony to see the ocean through some trees. I was a little disappointed in that and debated on requesting a different room but decided not to. The kids room is right when you walk in the room which somewhat concerned me if I my 2 yr old decided to open the door on his own. It often sounded like people were moving chairs above us. The food was good. Our family loved the Barefoot in the sand restaurant for breakfast. We had nachos and pizza at the little place behind Mario's for lunch a few times which was very good. My husband said he wished we would of eaten at Arizona's earlier in the week b/c we probably would eaten there more. My husband and I had booked a candlelight dinner and Omar did an amazing job as our server. Our big kids loved going to camp! They got to go on a boat ride, face painting, go on a treasure hunt, and swimming were just a few things they did. Our 2 yr old had a harder time going to camp but Fedeline took him under her wing and she was wonderful! Our youngest wasn't feeling the best when we arrived and the ladies in the nursery did a great job with him as well. The Sesame Street Shows were fun and the kids loved them! The characters walk around the resort and you never know when one is going to come around the corner so have your camera ready. We went to the Character Breakfast and we celebrated our son's birthday. I had pre-arranged a birthday cake and my son's eyes lit up when Zoey brought him a cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday to him! The waterpark was fun but my oldest son had hit his head when he flipped off his tube on the waterslide and was crying and the lifeguard didn't acknowledge him until I came over to him to see what was wrong. My 2 yr old loved the Pirate ship and didn't even ask to go on the bigger slides which he usually loves but wasn't tall enough anyways so that was good. We all enjoyed the lazy river and the surf simulator was a blast! My daughter loved getting her nails done on Wed for kids spa day and even though it came off right away they let her come back and get them done again without charging us. My daughter also had her hair braided on property and it was adorable! My husband and I did a couples massage and it was the best massage we had ever had! Girlie and Yvonne were amazing!!! The ocean was beautiful and we would go early to get chairs. The guys selling banana boat rides and parasailing get annoying sometimes especially when they argue with each other but I am assuming its a public beach Beaches can't do anything about it. We took out a kayak and bike which was fun but just watch the current....we ended up kinda far out. My son got to try snorkeling for the first time and loved it! Patrick did our family pictures and we had some crabby kids but still managed to get some pretty good pics. Our room was always very clean when we came back and was stocked with towels and drinks. The heated pool at the Italian Village felt wonderful even in 85 degree temps and the little kids pool was nice for our 2 yr old to play in. We ended our stay with Baking with Cookie Monster! The kids loved it! We had to leave the resort by 1:30pm for our 5pm which is kind of a bummer but we understand it takes awhile at the airport but we still waited at least 2 hours before our flight left so be prepared for that. We LOVED our time at Beaches and the kids had tears when it was time to go. We will definitely be coming back when the little kids are older and willingly go to camp. AMAZING Vacation!!!

Room Tip: request either a higher or lower room than 3rd floor.
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
East Hills, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Beaches with our two kids (1 &2) from 4/20-4/27. This was our second time there and we loved it just as much as the first time, if not more. First of all, we booked through Dreamakers Vacation and they were wonderful-answering all my questions, making changes, etc etc. We were extremely lucky and got upgraded to a two bedroom Italian village suite (thank you again Michael McHugh of dreamakersvaca). Dreamakers gave us the absolute perfect vacation!

I always search for reviews with how the ocean was during the time period people traveled so I'm going to include that we only had a green flag one day out of the 8 that we were there. The rest of the days were yellow flags. This was definitely better than the multiple red flags we had when we went in January. Other than that, it was perfect weather - warm but breezy.

My 1 yr old caught croup and was coughing like a seal the first night. I called the front desk and in a matter of minutes the nurse contacted us and we made an appt to see the doc on the premises. The whole process was absolutely perfect and the baby was fine by day 3! Thank you to the nurses and doctor on staff - you guys are absolutely wonderful!!!! I have to add that we also got daily phone calls and offers from Beaches to check up on the baby and they offered to get us anything we want off the premises to make him more comfortable. This excellent service makes the whole vacation absolutely worth it, especially when traveling with two young children.

My 2 yr old absolutely loved the toddler water park! There are a ton of slides for them, sprinklers, etc. He was there for hours every day and never wanted to leave.

The train that goes around the resort was an excellent addition!!! We had so much fun going around the villages - my son thought it was Daniel Tigers trolley so he was clearly in awe and always wanted to ride the red train.

The daycare once again was phenomenal! They remembered my 2 yr old from last year and were so great with him. Letter of the day with the various sesame characters was so much fun. I missed 3 days use of this program because of my kids being sick - when they were over their sickness I was very upset to see that other parents did not respect the rest on the property and put a clearly SICK child in the infant room. His nose was running the first day and he was coughing and the next day I saw he developed some pimples/rash on his face. Just a note to the parents-if you take care of your child for a couple days on your own, your vacation will not be ruined! Why risk getting others in the resort sick? Just very disrespectful.

We found that the best place for breakfast is Mario's because it has the best selection and ample seating. Sapodillos was great as an adult only restaurant. We also enjoyed Mario's for dinner since it was a sit down. The sushi at Soy was just okay, but we live in NY so we are used to excellent sushi. Kimonos was good but I wish we had a chef who did tricks. Our chef was good and food was great but we were always looking over to the chef throwing around the food. The service in the restaurants is island time - but what's the rush? We are on vacation! Didn't bother us at all - we have definitely experienced worse.

We did tuck-in with Elmo this time and the kids absolutely loved it. It was so much fun for everyone! I didn't realize that they took family pictures so keep that in mind if you decide to book a tuckin.

Baking with Cookie Monster was also a fun time and Elmo's birthday party was really great. They go all out with cake and party hats and party favors.

The family photo shoot was a success again. The actual shoot is included. It is pricey for the pictures but definitely worth it. All our pictures came out phenomenal. There is a $50 charge for the all character picture - they say it is for charity so we are ok with the cost since its a great picture to have.

We had such an amazing time. Everything at the resort was perfect. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank GrkGrL08
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our vacation here. There is a lot for the kids to do. The staff at Camp Sesame are very patient and do a wonderful job with the children. Our room was nice and the housekeepers were pleasant. The best part of our trip was the wonderful staff we met at Reflections. Charlot, Donala, Kimberly, Rasheeda, and many other staff members made us feel truly welcomed. Charlot and Donala went above and beyond to make our family feel special with wonderful conversations, to special drinks and getting ice cream for the kids. We will definitely visit again thanks to the staff we had at Reflections! No worries.

• Stayed April 2013