I am in the travel industry and have been to many hotels all over the world, including many Sandals and 2 other Beaches, and Beaches Turks and Caicos is by far my favourite hotel to bring my 17 month old son to (even without kids, it's pretty amazing if you don't mind that there are lots of kids there!) I liked it better than any Sandals I have been to.
My room was nothing special, but I always choose the most basic room, and it is not important to me at all. There are much better rooms, but you have to pay more, and it's not worth it to me, There are so many wonderful things about this resort that I don't care if the room is not the nicest I have been in. The amenities in the room are decent, even in the most basic one, you get a full bottle of good quality shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion and hand sanitizer.
The restaurants and food are very good, especially if you know where to go. The selection is fantastic. Our favourites BY FAR were the two adults only restaurants, |Sapodillas and Le Petit Chateau, Try the sea bass, lobster, seafood curry, or steak at Sapodillas, and the scallop and pasta appetizers, and steak at le Petit Chateau. The service is AMAZING at Spodillas. O.D., Steve and Omar are among the friendliest staff I've met anywhere, We didn't love the buffets or Bobby Dees, but I'm sure that kids would LOVE them, and there was some premium stuff at the buffets (shrimp,smoked salmon, fancy cheeses,berries).
All the staff on the Caribbean side were AMAZING-Damary,Mayelin, Kimberley,Jenny, Ramil, Alexanda, Renee, Cara, Bismania, and anyone else whose name I didn't mention...sorry. We went all over the resort to eat and drink but the Caribbean staff were exceptional to us! I have never gotten such friendly service anywhere, and they don't even work for tips. I honestly don't know how Beaches manages to find such competent staff. They work long days (12 hours) but are always smiling!
For Breakfast, everywhere was the same with the exception of Schooners and Barefoot which were eat off the menu, but I disovered that Giuseppes was the only place with fresh crepes and fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries-yum! The omelette stations were good everywhere, nd the coffee at Cafe de Paris was good.
For lunch, we liked Bella de Napoli Pizza (although it often took 40 minutes to 1 hour and ten minutes to get a pizza and the service wasn't as friendly as elsewhere), and the fajita station outside at Arizonas.
We LOVED Camp Sesame. We took our son there at 6 months, and again at 17 months and both times we were very impressed. They have great, experienced staff and a nicer facility than our daycare in Canada. They got my son napping, both t 6 months and 17 months, and it's something I've always struggled with. They took my son swimming in their private pool every morning, on a train ride around the resort, to activities with the Sesame Street characters, and for dinner at night. The manger even gave us a few diapers when we ran out and the resort shop was closed:) Bring LOTS of diapers-you will go through a lot changing in and out of swim diapers. I brought 10 per day, and somehow ran out. on my last day.
The scuba team was great and it's a huge bonus that it's included. It feels very safe to dive with them, and Roddy (Alexander), DK, and Oats were all funny and friendly. One huge negative for us was that we forgot our PADI cards and they charged us each $20 to look up the information. This was very disappointing and huge drawback at a resort that includes so much. Last year, they did it for us for free (yes, I do need to remember to order new card). I understand that it must be frustrating when people don't come prepared and they have to do extra work but, but $20 seems steep.
The sesame street shows were great, and the parade was phenomenal, but if you don't have kids the right age, it might seem annoying that everything is so centered on Sesame Street. My son loved it and I honestly liked the parade too:)
My son (and my husband and I !) loved the waterslide park. There's stuff for all ages and no lines!!!!!! Every other waterpark I have been to has huge lines, so this is an amazing bonus.
The drinks are top quality (unless you love top quality wines and liquers, but I found the selection amazing). Even premium drinks like martinis, grand marnier, and baileys are included. I LOVE the dirty bananas, mudslide, and coconut coolers.
The pools are beautiful and plentiful and the beach is beautiful, long, and walkable. There are hammocks, and couches everywhere to relax in, and we never had trouble finding lounge chair at the beach or pools.
I LOVE beaches turks and caicos and recommend it to everyone I meet. Disneyworld isn't the happiest place on earth, Beaches is!
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Hotel
- Beaches Turks Caicos
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Sweet 16! Sixteen specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests‟ high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean‟s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street®•X-BOX® Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts “World‟s Leading Family All-Inclusive” 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos “Turks & Caicos Leading Resort” for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos “The Caribbean‟s Leading Family All- Inclusive” for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts “Keeping it Green”, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario‟s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.