“Two Sides to Every Story” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

Save Saved
You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Red Lane® Spa Bonanza!!
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
“Two Sides to Every Story”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Overall, the place was very expensive. The kids activities were okay, but not great. The food was mediocre, and the service was spotty to bad.

Hard to believe the great accolades this place gets.
The rooms are nice, but the nice rooms are very expensive.
Some great service from certain staff - and just terrible from others.
It seemed like the maintenance staff were trained in customer service - and the customer service staff didn't understand customer service. Examples: the guy who was cooking meat at Arizona's (one of the restaurants) looked so put out every time a guest asked for food that many people complained about him. Ironically, the guy at the "jerk station" was great. I suggested to management that they trade spots. The food is super mediocre at every restaurant - and I have never seen so much food wasted in my life. Stick to the local fish and you will be happiest (grouper, snapper, mahi-mahi). The burgers aren't bad either and the steaks are okay. This place could double the quality and halve the quantity and it would be better for everyone.

They ran out of their better liquors at the end of the day a couple times. The included wine is all okay, but not great. When we tried to order wine off the "mangers list" requiring to pay extra, they were out of almost every one of them - so you couldn't upgrade the wine, even if you wanted to.

The pools are great and the beach is nice. The kids activities are fair as is the kids camp. The kids were sick of it after three days. I saw a lot of kids crying in corners and not getting much attention. One of the pool attendants was also cross with me because I accidentally brushed him with an inner tube. He told me to stop bumping into him with the wet tube because it was cold. He wasn't joking. It was bizarre. To finish the disappointment, they closed the Italian Village pool on our last day from morning until 1PM for cleaning. That was really irritating.

For the money, you can do a lot better. This was my first and last all-inclusive.

Room Tip: Italian Village is best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
We regret to read that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. Because of that, please accept my apologies. As hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Thank you for your feedback.

Cassie C.

6,142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,522)
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The perfect destination for a family! This all inclusive had great food and drinks. My children were happy the entire trip because there was so much to do. My only advice is to bring bug spray. The Mosquitos were pretty bad at night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

There has been much about the hotel, rooms, restaurants written so I thought I would cover the main event at Beaches (well the main event in my opinion!) and that is the diving. Myself and my two daughters, 11 and 14, did our PADI at Beaches and it was brilliant. My only regret. I didn't do it years ago. A few tips ....

Book early so you don't miss out
If you are an adult do the exams online before you go. If you are going with children don't ... do the exam with them. They aren't allowed to do it online, so wait and do it with them.
If you do the exams together then revise every night.. 1 hour a night and you will pass.
Do the longer trips. What you will see is amazing
Leave the sand dollars alone .... they are alive!
There are sharks .... if you are lucky. People come from all over the world to see them. They will not attack you!
Finally. Do as many dives as you can

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Turnersville, New Jersey USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just returned from our second time at Beaches Turks and Caicos. This year we treated ourselves to the butler service and it was amazing. Don't think it's going to be easy to vacation without the butlers in the future, they spoiled us. Our butlers, Arnold and Carlington were truly amazing. We had a ocean front suite beachfront on the 4th floor. The view was so gorgeous. The resort is beautiful. There are so many choices for places to eat. We loved all of the restaurants. My husband and kids (ages 17, 15 and 13) tried the resort diving course and loved it. They were able to get three dives in and they had an awesome time. They want to get certified now. We wanted the kids to try scuba diving before we invested in the expense to get them certified to see if they liked it. I'm glad we did it this way because my daughter wasn't too thrilled with it but my boys loved it. The beach is breathtaking! The first part of our week the water was calm and we were able to do all of the water sports and activities. We had a blast. The last few days the wind picked up and the water got rougher and water sports were restricted. There is so much to do at this resort, nobody ever got bored. This definitely was a the best vacation ever!! I want to thank Mike McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services, without him I don't think our vacation would have been as awesome. His guidance and suggestions helped make our trip perfect.

Room Tip: A suite in the italian village is the way to go. Oceanfront and butler service is even better.
Williamstown, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just returned from our 2nd visit to Beaches Turks and Caicos, and we were just as thrilled with our vacation this time as we were two years ago. This resort is a beautiful place to take your family. It is very clean, has wonderful restaurants, the most beautiful grounds and beach, and the nicest staff. The staff made us feel like we were coming home on our second trip. They consistently went out of their way to make our trip fantastic. Our kids are 9,10 and 16 and they had an absolute ball. So many activities for them to do, including a large waterpark with wave simulator for surfing and boogy boarding. We absolutely love this resort, and although a little pricey, believe it is well worth the money. It is a vacation of a lifetime!!!

Room Tip: The Italian village is the newest of the three villages that make up the resort. It is absolutely b...
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I have been to Sandals Resorts 11 times and this was are 1st trip to a Beaches.My daughter and her family were planning thier 2nd trip to Beaches and we expressed a disire to join them,my son-in-law made all the arrangements and his parents were also joining us so it was a real family trip.Iwas very pleased with our trip we were met at the airport and taken personally to the resort ,check in had a slight delay but no problems that weren't handled quickly.We were also given an upgrade and the room was beautiful as was the rest of the resort.The housekeeping staff was one of the best we had ever had,the food was all very good and everyone was very helpful,but next time Iwill look into butler service for are family.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view,beautiful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We vacationed at Beaches Turks & Caicos for the second time this year. There wasn't much difference from our last trip 3 years ago. The things I liked back then I still loved...beach, service, cleanliness, quality. I am still quite turned off at the lack of activities or entertainment offered to adults. It is a beautiful resort with a high standard of quality and although I remain disappointed, I still recommend it highly for families with young children who have the financial resources to have one of the nicer rooms.

Room Tip: Governor Suites in the Caribbean village are nice for spreading out but the bathroom, sinks and show...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!