“Fantastic Diving” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
World Travel Award
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

There has been much about the hotel, rooms, restaurants written so I thought I would cover the main event at Beaches (well the main event in my opinion!) and that is the diving. Myself and my two daughters, 11 and 14, did our PADI at Beaches and it was brilliant. My only regret. I didn't do it years ago. A few tips ....

Book early so you don't miss out
If you are an adult do the exams online before you go. If you are going with children don't ... do the exam with them. They aren't allowed to do it online, so wait and do it with them.
If you do the exams together then revise every night.. 1 hour a night and you will pass.
Do the longer trips. What you will see is amazing
Leave the sand dollars alone .... they are alive!
There are sharks .... if you are lucky. People come from all over the world to see them. They will not attack you!
Finally. Do as many dives as you can

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,694)
Turnersville, New Jersey USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just returned from our second time at Beaches Turks and Caicos. This year we treated ourselves to the butler service and it was amazing. Don't think it's going to be easy to vacation without the butlers in the future, they spoiled us. Our butlers, Arnold and Carlington were truly amazing. We had a ocean front suite beachfront on the 4th floor. The view was so gorgeous. The resort is beautiful. There are so many choices for places to eat. We loved all of the restaurants. My husband and kids (ages 17, 15 and 13) tried the resort diving course and loved it. They were able to get three dives in and they had an awesome time. They want to get certified now. We wanted the kids to try scuba diving before we invested in the expense to get them certified to see if they liked it. I'm glad we did it this way because my daughter wasn't too thrilled with it but my boys loved it. The beach is breathtaking! The first part of our week the water was calm and we were able to do all of the water sports and activities. We had a blast. The last few days the wind picked up and the water got rougher and water sports were restricted. There is so much to do at this resort, nobody ever got bored. This definitely was a the best vacation ever!! I want to thank Mike McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services, without him I don't think our vacation would have been as awesome. His guidance and suggestions helped make our trip perfect.

Room Tip: A suite in the italian village is the way to go. Oceanfront and butler service is even better.
Williamstown, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just returned from our 2nd visit to Beaches Turks and Caicos, and we were just as thrilled with our vacation this time as we were two years ago. This resort is a beautiful place to take your family. It is very clean, has wonderful restaurants, the most beautiful grounds and beach, and the nicest staff. The staff made us feel like we were coming home on our second trip. They consistently went out of their way to make our trip fantastic. Our kids are 9,10 and 16 and they had an absolute ball. So many activities for them to do, including a large waterpark with wave simulator for surfing and boogy boarding. We absolutely love this resort, and although a little pricey, believe it is well worth the money. It is a vacation of a lifetime!!!

Room Tip: The Italian village is the newest of the three villages that make up the resort. It is absolutely b...
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I have been to Sandals Resorts 11 times and this was are 1st trip to a Beaches.My daughter and her family were planning thier 2nd trip to Beaches and we expressed a disire to join them,my son-in-law made all the arrangements and his parents were also joining us so it was a real family trip.Iwas very pleased with our trip we were met at the airport and taken personally to the resort ,check in had a slight delay but no problems that weren't handled quickly.We were also given an upgrade and the room was beautiful as was the rest of the resort.The housekeeping staff was one of the best we had ever had,the food was all very good and everyone was very helpful,but next time Iwill look into butler service for are family.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view,beautiful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We vacationed at Beaches Turks & Caicos for the second time this year. There wasn't much difference from our last trip 3 years ago. The things I liked back then I still loved...beach, service, cleanliness, quality. I am still quite turned off at the lack of activities or entertainment offered to adults. It is a beautiful resort with a high standard of quality and although I remain disappointed, I still recommend it highly for families with young children who have the financial resources to have one of the nicer rooms.

Room Tip: Governor Suites in the Caribbean village are nice for spreading out but the bathroom, sinks and show...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Macungie, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We travelled as a couple, having won a free three night stay at Beaches. We never would have choosen an all inclusive for ourselves and most definitely not one so focused on kids! But I have to say we really enjoyed our stay. They were operating at very low occupancy, so I guess my first tip is go off-season and when school is in session! We even got upgraded to the Italian Village. Two days in a row we scored a big beautiful cabana on the beach. The adult jacuzzi was deserted at 8 pm. The pools also cleared out completely as soon as the life guards were off duty - I think like 6 pm. We never had any trouble getting immediately seated at any of the restaurants. The French Restaurant was by far the best - I would have gladly paid $50 for my meal there.

My second tip is don't be shy about ordering your drinks specifically by mixer and alcohol name. Otherwise you will be given the lowest of the low quality wise - out of the well. And watch them mix it! They will pull it out of the well if you aren't watching. I'm not usually snooty about alcohol but the stuff in that well is REALLY bad news.

Third tip - bring a water proof time piece. You are going to be leaving your phone in your room, that's best. There are no clocks ANYWHERE. You might think the time doesn't matter to you - but all the restaurants have these specific hours of operation, all of them different by random increments. You need to have your restaurant schedule (given to you at check in) and a time piece with you. Otherwise you will end up eating at one of the really crappy "off hour" places like Gordons or the pizza place (actually the pizza place wasn't too bad).

Fourth tip - if you drink a lot of water, bring your own water bottle from home. The bartenders will fill it for you. Otherwise water will get doled out to you in tiny plastic cups or if you are lucky in single swig bottles.

Fifth tip - towels get put out in the morning and that's about it. So grab one when you see it and don't give it up unless you are getting a fresh one at the same time. A damp towel is better than no towel.

My only significant gripe - the charge for wifi. WTF - all inclusive but the wifi isn't included?? And at $15 a day - what a rip off! Oh well, I guess it shouldn't matter, but when your phone (voice and text) isn't working, you sort of want to still be reacheable through e-mail, facebook, and IM.

Room Tip: Italian village was beautifully furnished and I loved our little balcony even though it overlooked a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oswego, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

You have to check this place out! Its huge(65 acres) Yes you walk alot, but you need to redistribute all those calories you consumed at their 16 on site restaurants. Wonderful rooms, always smiling , helpful staff, Great food, great Rum Punch! You can make your stay just as quite or busy as you like. Always something going on, great for kids. This was our first time, but signed up for next year before we left. Pricey yes, but you get more than your moneys worth. You dont need to rent a car, really no need to leave the site. Nice area (safe), all very upscale hotels/condos along the ocean. Photos dont do it justice! Bug spray is needed(mainly at night). You dont see anybody swatting at them, just little red spots the next day...

Room Tip: bring spf 50, and bug spray
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!