“Very Relaxing Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 65%!
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
“Very Relaxing Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2003

My family just returned from Beaches where we vacationed with our 10 and 7 year old. We booked the Honeymoon One Bedroom Suite and were upgraded to the Presidential One Bedroom Suite since we were signature members. The room was wonderful. The master bedroom had a king size bed and sunken tub. The living room area had a open up sofa and we requested a rollaway bed as well. The airconditioning worked very well.
In addition, suites are equiped with a stocked mini-fridge that includes soda, bottled water, beer, wine and champagne. Pretzels, chips and popcorn are included as well. Everything is restocked on a daily basis. The room was extremely clean and very comfortable. Our room was on the ground floor facing the pool. We spent most of our time at the Iguana Pool so that we could participate in the daily activities. Our children attended the camp on two of the days we were there. The camp offers a schedule of activities so that you can choose when and if you would like them to attend. My husband and I also took advantage of a couples massage (additional cost) and it was wonderful. The restaurants were good but not great. There is a large variety of foods (mostly buffets). We liked Giuseppe's and Arizona's had very good ribs. The children really enjoyed the crepes offered in the French Village between 3:00 - 5:00. As far as the staff, the concierge staff was incredible. Any request that we made was addressed immediately. The extra money for a suite is well worth it. Many people commented that when outside the suite the staff is rude, this was not at all the case.
All of the staff were friendly and considerate, always saying hello and asking how we were. My daughter had her haid braided by a staff member at the rear of the pool (near Arizona's). We actually forgot to take the hairbows that she was wearing when we got there. The woman held onto them for two days. When we passed her later in the week, she came running up to us and gave us the hairbows. The entertainment was the only part of the trip that we were disappointed with. Overall, it was a very relaxing vacation. We spent most of our days in the water and had quality time with our children, which is exactly what we hoped for.

5,944 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,442)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2003

Just returned back from Beaches where I spent one week with my family.
I had read all the reviews - the real good ones and the real real bad ones, and had very mixed feelings going there for the first time. I found that the statement the glass is either half empty or half full applies more than anything else to how one rates their vacation. For us it was great experience and fantastic holiday. We did lots of diving, saw a nurse shark, turtles, baracuda, fantastic coral reef and most colorful fish. It was like jumping into a gigantic aquarium full of marine life. The three of us, incl our 15 yrs old son got our PADI certification at the resort and were totally impressed with the professionalism of all the instructors and the Dive Operation at the resort. We also went for one of the Fish and Sail trips organized by Dophin Toors - it was nice but not worth the money compared to the diving. My husband and my son went to Provo golf club and were absolutely thrilled with the experience (you pay extra for that). As for the resort, the food was not the greatest but who would expect gourmet food in an all inclusive place? The rooms were far from luxurious but were kept clean and who would stay in their room when vacationing in the Caribbean anyways? The people who work there were ranging from the over friendly type to the ones who looked so miserable that would not even acknowledge our ordering a soft drink but they would always bring us what we ordered (eventually) and this is not something to spoil our day or vacation anyways. The resort was fully booked yet it never seemed crowded (unless you try to have a late breakfast at 9:30 and would have to line up at the buffet...). We are not the pool type at all and can not comment on that but there were always plenty of launge chairs on the beach and the beach is many miles long. As soon as you step out of the Beaches beach area you can walk for half a mile before you see some other people. Beautiful sandy beach and warm turcoise water without the crowds found on most other vacation destinations - to me this is as perfect as it can get! To sum it all up - if you go there for the diving and/or snorkelling and /or sailing, you love the marine life and being away from the crowded resorts, this is the perfect place for you and you will not find anything like it on the other Caribbean islands. We would gladly return there. Not in an all inclusive resort, however, if this is your first stay on the island the all inclusive package is not such a bad idea since you have everything organized for you that you would otherwise waste precious time on. If you are a pool or night life person - don't waste your money going to (Beaches) Turks and Caicos or you will be disappointed as most other visitors were.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2003

I just returned from a trip to Beaches. After reading some of the negative reviews on this site i was actually second guessing my investment. First off let me start out by saying that this is a FAMILY resort. If you have no kids and dont like kids then dont go. If you're the type to be picking at every little thing then dont go. I mean if you really look you could find things wrong with even the finest of places. Anyway, I went with my wife and my son. And let me say that was the best vacation I ever had. I booked a presidential suite. Any suite gets concierge service. I dont know what a regular room would be, but if you're going to do this then do it right. The suite was very spacious. It had two balconies facing the beach. The bar area was restocked every day with sodas, beer, water, wine, champagne. Plus there was even a shelf with a few bottles of liquor over the sink area.
The people there were great! Every employee that i passed said hello or smiled or had something pleasant to say. I reall ydont know how these people writing the reviews met rude people. That wasnt the case with me during the duration of our stay. Some people in my eyes are very hard to please. And they could also be pain in the asses. So maybe it wasnt the employees but the guests themselves who had problems. Even the housekeeping people were nice! If i am cleaning people's rooms all day in that weather i'd be a little pissed! But they werent. The restaurants were nice. We did not get to attend the adults only places though. But i didnt feel like i missed out. There is always something to eat there. There was soooo much food i didnt know what to do! The majority of them are not waiter type places but they were still good.
and again, the people there were very nice. The game room on Pirates Island was nice. Its not old games and not run down either. It was games coming directly connected to Xboxes, PS2s or Gamecubes. Not bad.
The beach is great! If you dont like sun then stay indoors! There were plenty of chairs. Maybe none by the umbrellas but you're in the water all the time anyway!!!! If your not then you're trying to get a tan!!
If not, then stay indoors! I pulled my chair to the water's edge and relaxed! The pools were nice! Spacious. Clean. And the swim up bars were convenient. The bartenders were never skimpy on the liquor either!
When you asked for a drink they really poured it on!! The little rafts that are floating around is first come first serve. So dont be mad if none iss available at the moment for you. It'll be freed up soon enopugh. Calm down! Just like anything else in life, first come first served. I never rushed for anything and was never deprived of anything.
I saw alot of nasty people there and they were not people affiliated with beaches. They were the guests. Ordering people around like slaves.
No thank you or nothing. The eployees were still very polite. All in all, the entire stay was great! i Want to go back! Its paradise.
Everyone will have to go for themselves. I wanted a relaxing vacation and i got it. But go and judge for yourselves! Thanks beaches.....

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2003

We returned from a one-week trip to Beaches Turks & Caicos on July 19. On July 21 I got the first symptoms of Salmonella poisoning which was confirmed the following week. This negative review has nothing to do with the food poisoning. My opinion was formed in the first two days.Dont believe everything you read about the resort. First of all...What dress code? All the brochures said no flip-flops or swimming suits in restaurants. This was not being enforced. The men in our party never wore long pants, even though the brochure says that pants are required in at least two restaurants. Most of the restaurants are buffets. The food was mediocre.I would suggest paying the extra money for a suite. You get a steady supply of bottled water daily, and the bar and snacks are restocked daily. If youre not in a suite and need to buy water, it can really add up. There are vending machines near the lobby charging $1.00 for a Dasani or $3.00 for a larger bottle of local water. (The tap water tastes awful.)The resort didnt seem to be very crowded, but you still couldnt get a lounge chair in the shade any time after 7:00 a.m. People were hoarding chairs and shade. The resort encourages you to get to the pool or beach (to get a cabana) very early, reserve a chair by putting a towel or book, etc. on the chair, and then come back hours later when youre ready. Most guests bought into this theory with a vengeance. There was even a point on two different days when the resort ran out of towels. It wasnt because everyone was in the water; the towels were just being used to save chairs. We watched a row of saved chairs sit empty for 5 hours one day. Meanwhile, like suckers, we lay in the sun roasting or jumping in the pool to cool off (there isnt anything else much to do). One note on the pools..... One morning we decided to stay at the Cascades pool so we found some chairs (in the full sun) near a side of the pool that had a depth of 39 posted along the side. My 46 son jumped in and the water completely covered his head. That pool is 5 feet deep all over. I brought this to the managements attention but I doubt anything will be done about it.We stayed in the Parrot Cay Villas but spent most of our time at the Riviera pool or at Pirates Island. There were no lifeguards at any pools. Some of the pools had rafts, but again, you needed to get lucky to get one. We saw a family get out of the pool with the rafts (that belonged to the resort, not the guests), lay the rafts on their lounge chairs, and then lay on top of the rafts until they were ready to use them again. They even took one raft, rolled it up and shoved it under one of the chairs.I didnt hate this vacation but the some guests made it very hard to enjoy. Many were loud, ugly Americans and of course those were the ones you always ran into. It was actually my second trip to the island, but my first to Beaches. I dont think theres anything else to bring me back to the Turks & Caicos, but I know Ill NEVER return to a beaches resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2003

We just returned from Beaches Turks and Caicos. We have 5 young children between the ages of 5 months and 8 years. We chose the resort because we felt it would be family friendly. It definitly exceeded our expectations!!! We had 2 connecting rooms in the french village. The largest of the 6 pools in the resort is in the french village. It also has a large baby pool connected to the main pool. The swim up bar was always staffed and ready to serve martinis or kiddie cocktails. The restaurants were all family friendly. We also enjoyed the adult only restaurants. At Arizonas restaurant we could walk right from the beach to the pool and restaurant for lunch. All of the reataurant buffets were incredibly lavish. There were so many items to chose from. The food always was fresh and delicious. The a la carte restaurants were excellent as well. The wine, beer and liquor always flowed freely. The staff was always proffesional and helpfull. Another reason we choose Beaches was for the child care services. Pirate Island was for all ages with water slides, waterfalls, arcade and kids buffet all day and night. Tha camp at Pirate Island was for 6 year olds and up. Our kids loved it. The activities were well planned and well run by rhe staff.
Our baby was in the Kuda kids club every day and evening. She was very well taken care of. The nursery staff was freiendly and there were always more than enough staff to care for the babies. the 0-5 year olds are placed in the same building. I was a bit diapointed in the lack of organized activities for the 3-5 year olds. There is another baby pool behind the kuda kids club. You can also check out beach buckets and toys to take to the beach. My 3 and 5 year old had to be bribed tp go to camp in the evenings so we could go to dinner alone. The scuba and snorkle is excellent but the reservation times fill up fast. If you want to snorkle off the beach you have to wait in line at the snorkle desk at 7:30 am so when the staff gets there at 8:00 you can borrow gear. We had a wonderful vacation hope this helps you with your vacation plans.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2003

I was getting ready to post my reviews, when I found out my husband (who doesn't usually doesn't do this stuff) posted as well. This speaks volumes for this resort. I thought it would help for me to post my thoughts as well. I am a travel agent, so I have stayed in first class places and dumpy ones as well. Though the resort was at 98% capacity, we never felt crowded and didn't wait very long to do anything. First, I want to comment on this resort as a vacation destination for you.
This is a family resort, with lots of kids and diving. If you are looking for a 5 star/premium property for food, rooms or being pampered I would look elsewhere, not to say that this place isn't good, but don't look for white glove service, etc. There are premium rooms and suites, in speaking to the staff, they said the most frequent 'valid' concern/problem is bedding. it is very important to let them know how many beds you need, most rooms come with a king or double beds and a pullout sofa. Pull-outs may be good for kids, but don't expect an adult to get a great night sleep in one. Roll away beds and cribs can be requested, rollaways are SINGLES. By all means get a suite if you need more beds or can easily afford one. Aside from the concierge and the stocked bar/fridge don't expect extra, once you leave that room, no one knows or cares how much you've spent.The restaurants give you a wide variety and meet the needs of the biggest cross section of people.
There is good food to be had and though I was not impressed at all with Kimono's or the sushi bar, I could easily feed my family and the other family we went with found lots of options (among our group was a seafood/vegetarian, a kid who solely eats PB&J, a starch junkie and a chocoholic). The pools get cleaned on a regular basis, remember-that's a good thing. There was a time that the children's pool was being cleaned (unscheduled) when someone threw up in it. Watch the walkways around the kid's pool, it gets slick and hot-remind your kids NOT TO RUN. Beach chairs can be scarce, usually when people come out at 7AM and 'reserve' for the entire family of 16. Later on about noon, it usually opens up (we were there at 98% capacity). Yes, the towels were old, they could stand to get new ones, but we never had trouble with supply.Diving was very efficient and worked well for us. We are certified divers and we arrived late Fri, got checked out Sat am and got to go on the afternoon one tank dive that day. After that, every morning one of us would sign up for the following day and get the gear, while the other took our kiddo to the day camp (which usually starts at 8, but sometimes you need to remind them the day before about diving or call if someone doesn't come at 8 ). When the reosrt is full, they only go to Grace Bay (15 min out), so they can get as many divers out as possible. each divemaster takes 10 divers and there are usually 3 main groups on a boat and occasionally a small group getting certified. On Sundays they only schedule 1 tank dives, but you can do 2 of these and by the end of the week one of the boats usually go out to the Point.
Diving was good, visibility wasn't great, but lots of sealife. This is not a dive resort, don't expect that. You can do a 2 tank dive and be back by noon or one and spend time with your family (isn't this why you came?). Kids activities, I think are best for those age 4-11. The nannies will care for the littler ones and after 12, your kids may care more about doing some watersports or just hanging out with other kids.
It may be good for the teens to go to an activity at least once to hook up with other kids. The staff was fine overall, as others have pointed out, a smile and politeness goes a long way. I got 2 mosquito bites the whole time (put on bug spray in the AM or after a rain) and don't forget the crepes between 3PM-5PM at the cafe (no crepes on Sun). I booked a sunset, Iguana Island trip directly witrh Sail Provo, $55 per adult/kids half price. beach is wonderful, powder white sand, good swimming and snorkeling off the beach. We would go again in a NY minute and they've changed my mind about certifying my son to dive when he gets older-I was firm on 15, now I may consider 13 if he does his classes here and certification dive there. Relax and have fun, you're on vacation with your family. A good travel agent is worth their weight in gold, make sure yours knows what you want out of a vacation, where you've been and what you like and not what's easy.

The Great State of Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2003

My wife, son (7) and myself went to Beaches August 1-9. We stayed in the French village. The rooms were nice. Everything worked! The only bad part for me about the French village was that you had to walk alot to get anywhere (except for the French village pool). All the pools were clean and refreshing. There always seemed to be a float available, and there were always empty lounge chairs to use (though shade was a bid scarce). The beach was clean and white. Some people complained about the lack of drink service at the beach but I think it helped to keep intoxicated people away from a family beach and it also greatly reduced the plactic cups being left to blow into the water. The restuarants were good. There was a good variety for adults and children. The scubadiving - THIS IS NOT A HARDCORE SCUBA RESORT! This is a resort that has scuba diving. Relax ang listen to the crew and you will enjoy the diving. We did 2 tank dives everyday and enjoyed every one of them. Remember, relax they take out 60 to 100 divers a day and do a good job of it as long as everyone cooperates. The evening entertainment should be enjoyed with the kids. They will love it and you will enjoy watching the kids have fun. It is not Broadway, so just go with the flow and enjoy. The only negative for me about the trip was the inconsistantcy of the staff, from management on down. One staff member you meet may be as friendly and helpful as any you have ever met but the next one may be down right rude. The only people we heard complaining were in our opinion asking too much of the this type of resort. If you want to be pampered all day then plan on staying (and paying) at the spa, otherwise it is up to you how much fun you have. Also, most of the people who complained seem to have paid for the upgrades and fancier rooms. (the service outside the rooms is the same for everyone so why pay more for a room you are not going to be in except to shower and sleep.) Sandals would be a better place if children bother you. This was a great family vacation. We would definitely go again and again.

Been to Beaches Turks & Caicos? Share your experiences!