“Amazing vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

Save Saved
You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Turnersville, New Jersey USA
“Amazing vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Wow, what a vacation at Beaches Turks and Caicos! We traveled with our three kids (ages 12, 14 and 16) the week of November 7th and had a blast. We loved our walk-out room in the Italian Village. We were very close to the beach which was great. I was worried my teenage boys would be bored but we signed them up for a "Tween and Teen Cruise" the second day there which was the best thing we could have done. They came off the cruise with friends to hang out with for the week. Our kids hung out at Club Liquid a few nights. My shy son even sang karaoke!

Overall the food was good. We ate at most restaurants and our favorites are Arizona's, Schooner's (which we ordered snow crab legs which were delicious), and we loved the brick oven pizza for lunch. The service in the restaurants were on the slow side but it was ok. The buffets for breakfast worked out good for us. Food was good and lots to choose from.
The kids loved Bobby Dee's. They were always eating ice cream or nachos. Drinks at the bars were very good. My husband loved the bartenders. When they saw him coming they would have his drink made.

The beach is beautiful but the water was rough all week. Water sports were very limited which upset my kids a little. We did the PhotoShot with their photographer. Pictures came out nice.

I loved our room. Beds were comfortable, everyone sleep good all week. Housekeeping was wonderful.

This is a vacation we will never forget and most likely return. Beaches does a wonderful job with keeping everyone happy.

Thank you Mike with Dream Makers Vacation Services. You are very knowledgeable with the Beaches Resorts and your tips and suggestions helped make our vacation wonderful! The manager took us to our room at checkin and had wonderful things to say about you! We traveled with another family who booked their vacation with another travel agent and were a little upset about their room location. I truly believe Mike was able to make sure our room was close to the beach which was great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

6,108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,512)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband, 22 month old daughter, and I stayed in a Governor’s Luxury Suite from 10/08 to 10/15. Specifically we were in room 716 in the Caribbean Village Salt Cay Villas. We couldn’t have been more thrilled with the location of our room, the service, and the overall time we had at the resort. My husband and I have traveled to luxury Caribbean resorts like Caneel Bay in St. John prior to having children. We were looking especially for an upscale resort that provided included supervised child care for our non-potty trained toddler and a place where we could just relax and not worry about a thing.

Room:
The 2 room Governor’s Suite was quite spacious. There was plenty of room for our daughter’s crib in the main living room area with plenty more room for playing left over. The included fully stocked fridge and in-room bar were added bonuses. After a very long day of airline & weather related travel delays and arriving well after 10PM (we were supposed to be there by 3PM), we were quite happy to have a bottle of wine available in our room! I highly recommend room #716. It is a ground level room just steps from the pool, hot tub, beach, and Arizona’s restaurant. We probably used the patio door entrance to our room on the pool/beach side more than the main door to our room. The only negative that I can add about the room is that the bed was not very comfortable. For a luxury grade hotel, the mattress felt like something very low budget.

Camp Sesame:
The Camp Sesame staff was wonderful and were exactly what we were looking for. Be sure to stop by when you arrive to pick up the weekly schedule for your child’s age group. Events are held daily with the Sesame characters – Story time with Elmo, Baking with Cooking Monster, & Dancing with Zoe. There are tons of age appropriate toys, a wading pool, and sand play area. Many times we noticed that there was a ratio of 1 caregiver per child. We used the camp mainly for dinner time and some mornings. It was nice to have an option for an adults only dinner while we knew that our daughter was in good hands. The building is very secure. You must select a secret password to tell the staff when picking up your child. When my husband floundered on the password, the staff ran him through the ringer to ensure he was authorized to pick her up. I was quite ok with that as was he! Mandy and Shay-Ann are a few of the ladies who made a positive impression on me in the way that they lovingly cared for our little girl.

Restaurants:
Since Arizona’s was so close to our room we ate there quite often. There are so many options available at Arizona’s, that each meal was entirely different from the last. Other restaurants that we enjoyed:
Schooners – Excellent food and service for breakfast or dinner. Chris the manager is approachable and attentive. “Five Star” made sure that we were seated at a table with a nice cool breeze at dinner.
Sapadillos – We arrived at opening and the place was packed when we left. It has great upscale food where you can eat a full 5 course meal and not feel over stuffed. I highly recommend the beef tenderloin.
Cricketeers – The food is delicious. The service was slow. A simple lunch took well over 2 hours. If you aren’t in a hurry then this is a great place.
Mario’s – Wonderful Italian food in large portions. Florencio made our daughter feel like a princess even with her spaghetti covered face.
Kimonos – It seems like this one fills up fast so be sure to make a reservation as soon as you arrive. We waited a few days and barely made it with a Friday reservation. It was a blast. We met lots of other couples from around the US. Chef “Taylor Taylor” cooked a great meal and sang our way through dinner. Yummy!
Cafe Paris – It may be a bit of a walk, but this is the place for fancier morning coffees. We were so glad to find it so we could get our daily latte fix.
Reflections – We ate here mostly for breakfast once we figured out that sitting outside was the best option for us. The noise from tile floors, loud children, and clanging of dishes overwhelmed our daughter to the point of tears. Sitting outside eliminated the echoing noise factor and allowed us to enjoy breakfast.

Drinks:
Some of the alcoholic drinks did taste a bit watered down. About mid-way through the week I realized that the more fruit juice based ones on the bar menus were the most watered down. I would just ask for more alcohol to be added or order something that was not on the menu. If you stick to some of the simpler drinks – cosmos, rum & coke, etc – the alcohol content was not watered down at all.

My daughter loved to swim up to the swim up bars in the Caribbean Village pool and order JUICE! There are special non-alcoholic kids drinks available on the menus. She really enjoyed sitting on the stools in the pool with she had her daily juice drink.

Pools/Beach:
We mainly used the Caribbean Village pool because it was so near to our room. It was never crowded and there were always chairs and towels available. Also, we were able to get a nicer covered cabana near either the pool or the beach at least once per day. Beware of the ants though! We left a sugary item on the floor of the cabana and the ants swarmed to it. In general, there are some who will hog the cabanas by leaving all manner of personal items there while they go elsewhere. It was very frustrating for us to watch it happen. We just decided to not be those kind people. If we weren’t in a cabana we cleaned it out and left it vacant so that someone else could enjoy it! If only everyone else would do the same.

We did visit the Italian Village pool once. Yes, it is newer and bigger. We found it unappealing because it was very crowded with lots of preteen kids so we opted to stick with the Caribbean Village pool.

The beach near the Caribbean Village was not crowded at all. The water is crystal clear and beautiful. There was even a stingray scooting along one afternoon. Be sure to bring beach toys for younger kids to play with. There are none provided and the ones in the resort store are very expensive.

Pirates Waterpark:
There is a pirate ship in the water park with slides and water sprays that is just perfect for toddlers. Our daughter enjoyed climbing on it and sliding down over and over again. There were a few older children who decided to take over one of the toddler slides; which scared me greatly because my daughter was attempting to use it. The lifeguards were quick to ask them to move on to more appropriate aged activities. We were impressed! Our other favorite was the lazy river. We took several turns taking her down the river in the inner tubes.

Concierge Staff:
Even though we had a concierge level suite, we did not use the services much. I can tell you that anytime we did call they were very quick to respond. One time I didn’t even leave a message and the concierge called me back anyway to see what I needed. That is great service!

Photographers:
I would highly recommend Jimmie. He took many, many, many pictures of us due to our squirmy, uncooperative child. Thanks to his diligence and skill, we have some really great family pictures to remind us of our trip.

Overall we had a really great, relaxing time. The staff was extremely nice and helpful for anything that you needed. They called our daughter “princess” every time they saw her and often called her by name. After a few days there, it is almost like being in a very small town where everyone knows you. For those that gave the resort bad reviews I suspect that they may have discovered the same thing as us. It is not so much the resort or its staff that is a problem but it is the other tourists there. We did run into mean, pushy, obnoxious people who thought that they owned the place and that vacationing meant not having to parent their children. Thankfully there were many more nice, pleasant people that we met who will forever remain in our memories as making our vacation wonderful.

At this point, we are not sure if we will return. We did have fun, but it seemed a bit pricey for the quality of the facilities. Also, the travel to get there was horrendous for us. We would probably only return if we have a young toddler because the included infant/toddler child care is really what set this resort apart for us.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are great if you have strollers Governor's Suites in the Caribbean Village S...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Allentown, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos is a wonderful family vacation spot. Enjoyed the fitness facilities and tennis every morning. All the restaurants were wonderful. Christine at Reflections provided excellent service (even getting us coconut macaroons on days when the bakery wasn't serving them). Kenomar in Mario's restaurant went out of his way to get us ice cream sundaes for dessert even though they weren't on the menu. The Spa services were wonderful. Loved the entertaining shows.
Walked up the beach 10 minutes and went snorkling off the beach and saw a lot of beautiful fish...including one VERY large baracuda.
Candlelight dinner on beach was fabulous...food was amazing.
We did water aerobics every morning and participated in some of the craft classes. All in all a fabulous vacation...love the short plane ride from JFK and short bus ride from airport to resort. Didn't want vacation to end and will definitely be going back

• Stayed November 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

This is our 5th time at this resort. This year there was a significant change in service. It seemed like 75% of the staff was brand new.
A lot of the staff seemed like they were really not interested in pleasing their customers. The bar attendants were rude.
The camp staff was not as attentive as in previous years. The tween camp is almost non existent. They never followed any of the fun activities on the schedule.
Kimonos as my kids stated was simply "boring" this year. There were no songs, jokes & the cook dropped his utensils in our lap twice. Very disappointing.
The wait for pizza was 40 minutes. The staff no longer tries to get you the drink of your choice, but asks if you would accept a substitute.
The best staff was at Reflections & Guiseppes (lots of old timers).
Also the resort needs to cut back on the Sesame Street stuff, it's way too much. Also need to update evening entertainment. It has been the same for 5 years.
The beach & the grounds are gorgeous as usual. I am hoping for some changes in service & entertainment for the future.

• Stayed November 2011
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

First I must say that we stayed at Beaches last year, for the first time with our family of 5 ( 3 kids under 9) and had an AMAZING time at the Italian Village, could NOT wait to get back there. This year, sadly,we weren't so lucky.
We just returned from our second stay at the Italian Village and left feeling just so-so at most about resort and staff.
First of all - the staff has changed. There seems to be far more wait-staff that would obviously be elsewhere. I would say 60% of them were rude, uninterested and just not helpful or willing to go the extra mile, which one would expect for the price you pay at Beaches. A few of them, so rude that we actually couldn't get a simple answer out of them for a simple question.
We couldn't get into Mario's for dinner twice( one of the better restaurants - most of them being very sub-par) - there was an hour wait - yet half the restaurant empty. We waited a very long time for cold breakfast (pancakes and waffles) at barefoot by the sea and overall - the food isn't very good quality. The pastries, cookies, desserts throughout the resort, although plentiful, are just very basic. Great if you have kids under 10 though - nuggets, bad pizza and fries galore. I will say that all the alcoholic, mixed and frozen drinks are very good - not watered down as you'd expect, it's just too bad that so many of the bartenders seemed so bothered.
I waited 10 minutes at Arizona's grill for chicken at lunch one day - the cook them told me it wasn't done enough to eat - so he put it back on the grill, I waited. A minute later, another guest said he'd " take the un-done meat" - so the cook gave it to him, and told me I had to wait another 20 minutes for a new piece!!??? May sounds petty, but when you are waiting in line to eat for 15 minutes with a tired hungry, 5 year old - it's a big deal.

We had an amazing room ( # 3115) in Italian village, I do believe this is one of the best rooms, it's pool front, but quiet, a ground floor walk-out. Amazing location. The cleaning staff kept the room SPOTLESS, and FULL of clean towels and super clean linens - however, the toilet backed up 3 times.
The water park is great for the kids - as are the pools. The resort is super clean, beach amazing and overall, a picturesque resort. The French village area music is FAR too loud though, even for my kids - so we had to stay away, we prefer the Italian Village pool anyway.

The absolute worst part of our stay occured on day 4. My 5 year old, my 10 year old and myself decided to take a ride on a Hobie cat boat. At end of ride, upon arrival back at beach, our " driver" crashed us into another boat, then a docked parasail boat, then the dock. I saw it coming, braced and held my kids. My son flew a bit, but was fine - I hurt my neck, back and leg on impact. The WORST part was that NOT ONE of the Beaches staff said a word to us - not one apology, not asking if any of us were OK, NOTHING. Shocking. I filed an incident report, I will say that Janel and Glenn from Italian village were great and seemed genuinely concerned and were prompt in writing up report, etc. I had to see the on-call Dr, which I waited 2 hours for. I am still in a lot of pain 5 days later. They did, as a "courtesy" take care of our incidentals bill up until that day, which didn't amount to much. I expected something else to be done, and plan to write a letter to beaches management.

I'm sorry to say we wont be returning to Beaches any time soon.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
SRICS, Manager at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Warm greetings from Sandals Resorts International! You are very important to us and we welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please e-mail us at (customerservice@beaches.com). We look forward to hearing from you. Warm regards.
Temecula, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We went to Beaches with a large dive group, but there were 7 of us in our immediate group and we booked three rooms. The grounds are absolutely stunningly beautiful, and for the most part, the staff is fantastic. There are a few with bad attitudes, but the management takes customer service seriously, so they were few and far between. What was really disappointing was that this place is having a total identity crisis. When you arrive at the round bar at 6pm for a pre-drink dinner, the music is a sesame street tune. I can't tell you how sick we got of "Wheels on the Bus!" The waterpark was sub-part for kids over 5--mine are teenagers, so they got pretty bored. There's a teen disco, but almost no one in it. There's no real nightclub for adults--the week we were there they turned the teen disco into an adult disco for one night. The place literally shuts down at 8pm. They close the pools at 5pm and ask you to leave, whether you want to or not. The restaurants were good when they were open, but there was nothing to eat between 2pm-5pm unless you wanted a burger or pizza.

We may be biased because we've been to Atlantis twice and love the place--something for everyone, and every age. This trip was substantially more expensive than our trips to Atlantis, but Beaches is an all-inclusive, so I understood why. They just need to decide if they're going to cater to the 5 and under set 24 hours a day, and they need to be more honest that this place is pretty dull if you have teenagers. The games and events were really set up for small children.

We were in the Caribbean village and the toilets in all three of the rooms backed up!!! If you go, stay in the Italian Village. All there really is to do here is hang out by the pool, drink, and eat, which can be a great vacation if you can stomach the nursery rhymes playing overhead. Don't take your teenagers!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the Caribbean Village--all toilets in our 3 rooms backed up!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

great vacation. here's a list of people that made the trip exceptional: michelle, vernande, ally, bryan, lawanda & leah (bobby dees), paulette (x-box), minto, lisa, carlington & arnold (butlers), michell & renato (housekeeping), gilbert & machell (marios), carole (schooner's), joan & abdul (reflections) & the best for last ***adrian whitehead***!!! kudos to you and your wonderful staff!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!