My wife just returned from a week at Beaches Turks and Caicos. This was our third trip to the resort and by far the best all inclusive vacation we've had. My wife and I have been traveling to all inclusive resorts for the last 17 years and have been to most of the Sandals and Beaches properties along with many of the all inclusive chains across the Caribbean and Mexico.
As soon as we arrived at the airport at Turks we received incredible service. We were greeted with a private transfer to the resort and were immediately met at the Italian area by by both the loyalty manager and the hotel manager. Both treated us like returning friends. We were quickly brought to the amazing Roman Penthouse Oceanview Family Suite which was such a wonderful surprise. Management had upgraded our room level by many levels. In regards to complimentary room upgrades I think it is important to state that room upgrades aren't guaranteed. I did hear on this trip a first time guest at a Beaches get very upset to find out that the guests in rooms around them received upgrades and they didn't. There are many factors that go into room upgrades from what we've been told. First is of course availability of the rooms to upgrade people to. Other factors like how many times you've been to Beaches / Sandals, the travel agent's influence, if you have future bookings at Beaches / Sandals, etc. In our case we are Sandals Diamond Level guests (10 or over trips to Beaches / Sandals), use a top Sandals travel agent, and are booked to come back to Beaches Turks for two more years and are booked for future Sandals trips in addition. We also brought another couple with us on the trip and have referred many guests to Sandals and Beaches. I'm not trying to brag but instead explain how upgrades are done. We don't expect to receive an upgrade but are VERY appreciate any time we receive them. Sandals / Beaches are very appreciative to their return guests and have a very good loyalty program.
Getting back to the review the service and everything at the resort was at a new all time high. The food quality was excellent. We usually go to a different restaurant each night but the food and service at the French restaurant (LE PETIT CHATEAU) that we went there three times. The server Iris was the best we've had at ANY resort. She was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. All the courses we exceptionally good. The only minor issue we had all week was slow service at Bearfoot by the Seas which continues to be slow year after year.
My wife and I are both divers and we both had some of the best diving in our 20 plus years of diving. We saw on each and every dive multiple sharks, turtles, and a large variety of tropical fish. Others saw dolphins on their dives but we didn't this year but have seen them on previous years. Snorkeling up the beach from the resort (near the fire coral protection area) we saw multiple turtles and a huge barracuda. There were also large improvements in the service at the dive center. They added in more boats and staff on the dives which meant there was more room. There were two boats sent out each morning for the 9 AM dive, one in the bay and one that goes outside the bay. The one that goes outside the bay comes back an hour or more later and usually has the more experienced divers on it. The second boat usually has people going through instruction on it but has more room on it and gets back much earlier. We opted for the second boat so we could get back earlier. The dive team this time was also much more receptive to requests of where we would like to dive and they gave much more freedom to those with more experience going to greater depth. The scuba equipment also looked like it was upgraded. We also noted that they added a large number of scuba related shirts to the various shops. I picked up three new shirts and there were another three or four new ones I didn't get. Wait times at the water sports area were also shorter even though the resort was very full. Excellent overall improvements in the diving program!!
Some of the reoccurring complaints I see about this resort are in regards to the rooms not as new as they expected. People need to understand that there are three distinct areas to the resort (Caribbean, French, and Italian) and each area is varying ages. If having a new and recently modeled room is very important to you then pay for the Italian area as it is the newest and most spacious. The Caribbean section is the oldest of the areas and while it does have some nice rooms overall it isn't as up to date. There are many levels of rooms at Beach Turks and so if you need a room at certain level please ensure you purchase at that level. If the quality of the room isn't as important and you'd prefer to save some money purchase a lower level room and spend most of your time outside of it. I'd also like to add that if you aren't happy with something at this Beaches or any Beaches / Sandals, don't wait until you are home to bring it to management's attention. I am yet to have any issue at a Beaches or Sandals that I've brought up (and I've brought up a few over years) that I couldn't get resolved by management. Note that the first level manager you bring the issue to may not be able to resolve your issue. Sometime you need to escalate it past the manager you brought it to. Do try to bring the issue and a reasonable solution to their attention. I've heard guests complain about the weather or how hot the sun was. Knowing what is reasonable and can be resolved and what can't be resolved is important. If management can't resolve the issue call your travel agent while you are still there and see if they can help you. if you still can't get it resolved, write a letter to your travel agent when you return and provide all the details. A travel agent that specializes in Sandals / Beaches should be able to get you some type of resolution to the issue (as long as it is reasonable).
To summarize Beaches Turks and Caicos has raised the level of service another notch to the best we've seen at any all inclusive resort. We highly recommend it and are booked for another two years. Any questions or concerns about this resort please feel free to contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario"s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa Providenciales