We booked a luxury beach front studio with lastminute.com. The resort is a 15 minute taxi drive from the airport. The room was good, and the location on Grace Beach excellent. The restaurant and location on to the beach superb but relatively expensive. We decided not to hire a car as we were only staying 7 nights as one part of our holiday and were enjoying relaxing. The supermarket isn't walking distance so we bought milk (at a price!) from the restaurant, and ate the rest of our meals there. The resort was very quiet, which was perfect. If someone wants noise they should go to the resort next door, called Beaches, which is all inclusive. Great if you have young children, horrible for just adults!! However, there's a good dive centre there which is open to non residents.
The snorkeling along the reef straight off the beach was superb. Loads of fish. It's easy to go to the wrong part of the beach, we and some others did on the first day, so make sure you walk way past the first sectioned off water, to the 2nd, where the reef is. It's a leisurely 20 min walk from the Alexandra.
Mosquito repellent essential in the evenings.
If we ever retuned to the C&C we would stay again, but I'm glad we were on holiday in Florida and did it as an extra trip as it's not that fantastic to justify the distance from the UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, amazing oceanfront dining and a free daily activity program. Guest can also take our complimentary shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their dining facilities. The Alexandra provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including Pelican Kids' Club, complimentary non motorized water sports, tennis courts, free use of pedal bikes, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Splendia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales