“not commercialized !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Middletown, Ohio
“not commercialized !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

From the moment JOHANNA checked me in I was made to feel @ home !!! The best trained staff that I have ever expeirenced !! Al was ready to answer &help all guest with their questions. The staff truly enjoyed their jobs. Most items are imported , therefore meals can be pricey.Restaurants I would I would visit again are TIKI HUT, DANNY BOUYS, HEMMINWAYS and the hotels own MANGO REEF. Thanks to the staff for treating me to their Island .... best laid back vacation ever ! Don't 4get THE POTCAKES !

Room Tip: I enjoyed the pool view , the beach was a 3-5 minute walk.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and we are thrilled to read you had a fabulous vacation. Our team works hard to provide exceptional service, and they appreciate receiving your compliments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The Alexandra Resort recently provided accommodations for our veterinary team from the US, while we were working with the Turks & Caicos Animal Welfare Committee. The Alexandra took such good care of us and ensured that we all had individual suites and the only the best service, all at no charge! This is a business that I hope you will support, as that support goes directly back in to the community.

That aside, this was the most comfortable and clean hotel room I have ever stayed in. The bed was perfect, the furnishings were beautiful. There was also a really large, separate bathtub that gave me bubble bath dreams after retuning from a long day at the clinic. There was a full kitchen in suite, so I was able to prepare a few meals on my own. There was also an over-sized patio that included some very cozy lounge chairs with ottomans and a full size outdoor dining table! The housekeeping staff were attentive to detail and, on the occasion that I ran into them, incredibly helpful. I don't believe I ever saw a member of the staff without a genuine smile on their face. Maybe it's the ocean air.

The grounds were beautiful and well-maintained and the pool was just perfect, with a quiet swim up bar. I went to the poolside restaurant to have a cup of coffee one morning and the woman working the bar was amazing. She made me a fantastic cup of coffee, just the way I wanted it, and even managed to track down a pack of cigarettes for me when I was out.

The on-property restaurant, The Mango Reef, has terrific food. The variety on the menu is excellent and everything was always cooked just perfectly. The atmosphere and staff really make this place magical.

Regardless of your reason for travel, I would definitely recommend The Alexandra Resort. They run a daily shuttle to the grocery store for a small fee and really strive to ensure that you enjoy your stay. Now that my family has seen the photos, they all want to go to TCI. I will definitely be staying at The Alexandra again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4201, patio view of the pool and gardens. I had no issues with noise, the A/C work...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We were thrilled to support the Pets without Vets program and we are very appreciative of everything that you did to support Potcake Place during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.
Eagle River, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was part of the team from Pets Without Vets that assisted in an island-wide free spay/neuter clinic to help with the feral dog problem in Turks and Caicos the end of October. Alexandra Resort was gracious enough to let us stay in this beautiful place at no cost to us. My room was a beautiful 1 BR poolside. It was absolutely quiet, which was much appreciated after a long day at work! I woke in the morning to the sound of the palm trees and the beautiful tradewinds blowing through the double patio doors. The kitchen was stocked with enough utensils and a coffee pot. Full-size appliances, granite countertops and lovely furnishings throughout. I can't thank the Alexandra enough for allowing us to come "home" to such a beautiful spot after working loonnnggg days! Also, a nod to Mango Reef and it's staff. Very professional and really good food! Thank you Alexandra for giving back to your community!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We very much appreciate receiving your positive review and thank you for the work that you did with the Pets without Vets program. We played a small part in an important program and it was our privilege to have your team stay at the resort. Please stay with us again on a future visit.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed in room 3205 at the Alexandra from 10/28/13 until 11/7/13. The room was fantastic! We rented the room from the owner on VRBO and it was everything they promised...we only wished it was a ocean front room, but that still did not take anything away from the experience. The Alexandra resort is well maintained, has a friendly and caring staff, and all the amentities we wanted. The Mango Reef restaurant was AWESOME, we never had a bad dish. The bartenders could use some work on their drink making skills though. The ladies at the front counter, the security guards, and Al the Concierge, were helpful and took care of us the entire stay. The managers reception on Monday night allowed us to meet a few couples and we got to know them throughout our stay. The resort was not crowded, I would say less than 50% occupancy during our stay. I recommend getting the larger one bedroom with a separate kitchen/living room area if you are staying a week or more...we saw the smaller units (one room suite), too small for my taste. You cannot go wrong at The Alexandra, great location and a great resort. Just bring lots of $$$, the cost of food in Turks and Caicos will be an adjustment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the Alexandra Resort and we will share your kind comments with our team. We hope you will stay with us again on a future visit.
West Covina, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights/8 days (October 20-27) and enjoyed every my entire stay. We had a 1 bedroom condo on the floor level by the pool. But who wants to be at the pool when you have the most amazing beach in the carribean so close! Rooms were very roomy with the kitchen and washer/dryer. The restaurant for breakfast was very good as well as lunch service at the bar. Our very first night our group introduced ourselves to Anderson at the Mango Reef bar and he literally had us entertained the entire 7 nights. He was definitely one of the highlights of the hotel with his adorable personality and wit ! Couldn't have asked for better service!!! As for the other staff... everyone was wonderful and i'm sorry i can't remember their individual names.. but you definitely have a great team at this resort. I would definitely return to this resort. The bikes are a huge plus.. we rode them into town daily for a market run or shopping.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Alexandra Resort for your vacation. Our team works hard to provide excellent service, and greatly appreciate receiving your kind feedback and positive review.
carmel, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We came for a week of diving and stayed at the Alexandra Resort. Located on the beach, our suite had an ocean view. The room was modern and clean. The staff was friendly and always helpful. The restaurant at the resort is excellent and you can reserve a table right on the beach for dinner. We rented a car for the week and found that the shopping and other restaurants were just a short drive away from the resort.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your vacation and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

First off, when you pull up to the resort, don't panic. The lobby is off by itself and actual resort consists of 4 separate buildings, it kind of looks like an apartment complex. That was the only downside.

When we were there, it was pretty quiet because October is hurricane season, which was nice. The beach itself is amazing. Crystal clear water. One piece of advice, if you like to snorkel, you should bring your own equipment. They provide snorkeling gear, but it is not the best quality. There is not much snorkeling to do at the hotel, but if you walk up the beach about 1/4 of a mile, there is a nice lagoon.

The food in Turks and Caicos was shockingly good and very reasonable. The restaurant at the hotel, the Mango Reef, was great. It was perfect for lunch and dinner. Also, room service was nice on our patio. I do not think we had one bad meal during our trip.

Parallel 23, at the hotel next door, is worth going to as well. The Coco Bistro is the most popular restaurant on the island so if you can make a reservation before your trip or on the first day possible of your trip because it quickly fills up.

I have been all over the Carribean but Turks and Caicos is my favorite. If you want a relaxing atmosphere this place is for you. If you want a party scene, more of a spring break place, you will be disappointed.

It is just a great place, none of the buildings are taller than about 6 stories. At Grace Bay, all of the hotels are right next to each other which is nice. There is not much of a town, so if you want to shop or spend a day in the town, you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: The hotel is 4 stories, request a room higher up if possible. We had a first floor room with a view...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are happy to read that Turks and Caicos and the Alexandra Resort exceeded your expectations. We appreciate receiving your accurate account of how quiet and relaxing the destination is and we are glad it has become a favourite Caribbean island for you. Our reception centre (lobby) is one of the few on Grace Bay that is located right on the beach, and arriving guests love being greeted by the stunning views of the ocean when they check in. Thank you for your feedback on the quality of the snorkelling equipment. We constantly update our recreational equipment and will look into purchasing new snorkelling equipment.

Been to Alexandra Resort? Share your experiences!