We just returned from our trip late last night. The resort exceeded my expectations! Best was the beautiful beach. The island was also really beautiful with plenty to see and many great restaurants. Definitely rent a car and explore the island. They drive on the left but honestly they only have two main roads and it was very simple to get around. We traveled with two young children 2 and 6. No children's activities at the resort that I noticed even though they advertised a kids club. The kids stayed entertained at the beach most of the time. Lots of watersports. We used the snorkel gear, kayaks, paddle boards all for free!
Right next door was Beaches Resort. Their beach was very crowded. Glad we didn't spend a fortune to stay there. I loved that the Alexandra had few guests and was more intimate. Everything was close walking distance between room, lobby, beach, and pool. Plus since this was such a safe and pretty island it was nice not being tied down to an all inclusive plan.
We stayed in the Chelsea building which was best location but the oldest building. Room was great and updated however I missed the washer dryer in the unit. Our luggage did not arrive until the second day of our trip (thanks to United) and we had to use the main laundry facility which was not very convenient. We had a one bedroom unit which had an amazing view of the ocean.
The restaurant Mango Reef was great! Everything we ordered was excellent and the service was also wonderful. Loved the outdoor seating above the beach. For dinner you can eat right on the beach but you must make reservations even if you are staying on the property.
The resort staff were all excellent and very helpful. The concierge was great for planning trips and asking questions. Definitely attend the welcome meeting on Sunday morning and get delicious pastries and useful information. We missed the Cocktail reception on Monday night but wish I had gone since I imagine the food was also great.
My only small negative was that the pool water was always filled with lots of bugs and leaves. Trust me you don't want to spend a lot of time in the pool at this resort since the beach is so amazing but since we traveled with kids they are always drawn to the pool. I guess since the pool was mostly empty all day it did get very dirty and it made it unpleasant to even walk around in it. My kids loved the pool and did not mind the bugs so I know it is probably just me being squeamish about it. Also there were many ants around the resort especially in the pool.
Definitely venture to Chalk Sound and Taylor Beach. They have a wonderful restaurant called Las Brisas which in my opinion was the best food and service we had all week. Also grab some snorkeling gear and go to Coral Gardens which is right next door to Beaches Resort. They have a protected reef which was great with lots of fish and coral reefs to view, best of all FREE!
Also did the undersea submarine for the kids. Saw lots of fish, sea turtles and even a mermaid. Kids loved it. More for kids and non-swimmers though.
Definitely will be returning to this resort and wonderful island in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, amazing oceanfront dining and a free daily activity program. Guest can also take our complimentary shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their dining facilities. The Alexandra provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including Pelican Kids' Club, complimentary non motorized water sports, tennis courts, free use of pedal bikes, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales