I've heard that many properties on Grace Bay on comparable, but we had great stay at the Alexandra and for that, I recommend it. Beautiful beach, but no real snorkeling on that area of Grace Bay (except for a 15-20 min walk to Bight Reef which is worth doing).
The service was always friendly - from bell man, check in, wait staff, garden crew, etc. The resort has 150 rooms but it never felt crowded or loud at the pool or at the beach. We had a two bedroom suite which was in great shape, bright, up to date and clean. We had friendly reliable maid service.
Great resort for families. We were two families with kids ranging from 3-16 staying for 7 nights. Plenty of beach toys for the kids available (including kayaks, paddle board, sand toys, etc). We stayed on the top floor (5th) of a pool view building which was perfectly fine for us. It was a quick walk to the Mango Reef restaurant, pool and beach.
They have a shuttle that goes to the grocery store every day at 4:30 pm which is convenient. Athough we didn't make much use of our kitchen, you'll still want to go to pick up water, drinks, snacks, etc. In hindsight, we could've saved some money making breakfast each morning (good luck with that!).
Having a washer and dryer (compact) was also a great help (although it didn't deter my wife and 16yo daughter from over-packing ;) ).
Do take the Caicos Dream Tours excursion which I'm pretty sure is associated with the hotel (but at an additional cost, of course). It was great.
Mango Reef restaurant was very good, although service was typically slow as you find in the islands. I'll review that separately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, amazing oceanfront dining and a free daily activity program. Guest can also take our complimentary shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their dining facilities. The Alexandra provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including Pelican Kids' Club, complimentary non motorized water sports, tennis courts, free use of pedal bikes, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales