We had a beachfront condo room. It was clean and had a full kitchen, and we especially liked the very large lanai and view of the bay. The attached restaurant, Mango Reef, is very good, but there is NO other source of food - no gift shop, no snacks, no vending of any kind. Water is perfectly safe to drink, maybe metallic tasting. For groceries you can take the shuttle (daily at $11/person) and we wished we had done that the first day as the restaurant is expensive. We had a lot of error messages when we tried to book excursions frpm home - never got a confirmation of any kind - but had no problem when we got there. Only non-motorized water sports are available directly on the beach, which we liked since it protects the reef and it's very peaceful.
There was a duo performing during one night, but it was "easy listening" type of music. There was no other evening entertainment on site. IWe booked scuba and snorkel excursions. If we returned we get away from th resort more and sample other parts of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; luxurious accommodations, warm friendly service, amazing oceanfront dining and a bevy of exciting activities. Understated luxury with a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, international cuisine with island flair and so much more await you at this magnificent Turks and Caicos resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales