Spring break vacation at the Alexandra Resort was everything I expected. Most reviews talked about what a great place this is and it is all true. The beach is great with plenty of chairs at any time of the day. The pool was great as well, we spent very little time there as we spent more of our time at the beach but I though it was a good place to relax. People have different opinion about the bar service. It did not bother me at all that I had to go to the bar to get my drinks or the fact that there was no music playing.
The food at the Mango Reef was great, the Dominican Paella was very good.
For those traveling for the first time, pick up the magazines they have in the front desk. There is good info on the Island and places to eat outside the hotel. Food in the Island is expensive but there are several grocery stores you can walk, bike or take a taxi to get all the supplies you may need for breakfast and lunch. Make reservation at any restaurant you may want to have dinner, most restaurants will not have table available for walk in.
The airport is small, very small so give yourself enough time to get through security as there is only one scanner.
All in all, I had a great week with my two kids and wife at the Alexandra.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Hotel
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; luxurious accommodations, warm friendly service, amazing oceanfront dining and a bevy of exciting activities. Understated luxury with a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, international cuisine with island flair and so much more await you at this magnificent Turks and Caicos resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Splendia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.