My boyfriend booked us a trip to TCI for spring break... As two 27 year olds just looking to get away from cold Wisconsin we got exactly what we wanted and more! He wouldn't tell me which resort we were staying at because he knew I would spend my time reading reviews on here, so I really had no idea what to expect! We had a studio room which was plenty with an amazing view of the pool and beach and a perfect view of the Sunset from our bed!
Beach was amazing. We stayed for 9 days and the first 6 were calm and hot! 90's on a couple of days! Wind picked up the last few days but the pool area here is well protected from the wind. We would head to the pool/beach around 10 and never had an issue finding a seat at the beach or pool. On windy days they will pull extra chairs out around the pool which was nice because the pool chairs full up quickly. We walked to Bight Reef and tried to snorkel one days but it was quite windy so we didn't spend much time. But even with the rough surf there was still plenty of wild life an amazing coral to see!
Taxis are expensive so be prepared but there are some nice places that require a taxi ride. We relied a lot on the concierge to direct us around but found that we missed a lot of the island the first half of the week because we just went to restaurants within walking distance. Definitely rent a bike from the front desk and ride to downtown Grace Bay. Cute shops, more food/bars, and a nice little 5 min bike ride!
We ate a lot of different and they are quite expensive but definitely worth it to travel off the resort.
We ate at Mango Reef, Hemingway, Bay Bistro, da Conch Shack, Magnolia's, Yoshi's Sushi, and Opus... All great choices and only a few of the options. My favorite was actually Yoshi's because the sushi was great but probably worst service. Couldn't get into Coco Bistro, booked out about a month and a few night Mango Reef was booked too while we were there but if you wait til later to eat dinner you will be fine to get in most places. Not a ton of night life but we did talk to a few cab drivers about it and the Ganesvroot has a DJ and dancing on Fridays, Dannybouys has bands most nights, an there's an island Fish Fry for locals and tourists every Thursday. Talk to your cab drivers... They will give you the best info!
We booked a Snuba trip with Jodi as we have both been snorkeling several times and this trip is highly recommended and sadly our trip was cancelled because it was too windy and wavy. Try to book in advance of your trip because we booked when we got to the island and we had I book it for our last day and no room to reschedule. I heard nothing but good things about Caicos Dream Tours and it left right from our resort so I would definitely recommend that trip for anyone even without going! They went out on the windy days too so less of a chance of a cancel!
This is getting long so overall... Even tho we didn't do much besides sit on the amazing beach and play in the ocean at The Alexandra, it was more than enough fun and relaxation for us!I can't wait to go back to TCI!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, amazing oceanfront dining and a free daily activity program. Guest can also take our complimentary shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their dining facilities. The Alexandra provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including Pelican Kids' Club, complimentary non motorized water sports, tennis courts, free use of pedal bikes, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Splendia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Jetsetter so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales