Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Alexandra Resort in Provo, for my husband's 40th birthday. We had never been to TCI and wanted all the amenties of a 4+ star property without the high rates. We chose the Alexandra based on TripAdvisor and VRBO reviews. So glad we did! We rented a studio unit through VRBO. It was excellent -- ultra clean, updated, nicely decorated in Tommy Bahama style, plenty of towels & linens, nice bathroom. The central location on Grace Bay is perfect -- I was afraid the beach area might be overcrowded/touristy but it wasn't at all. The Alexandra grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained. The common areas are nicely decorated and the staff is super friendly. The resort provides complimentary lounge chairs, umbrellas and towels for beach or pool. The beach is great - soft sand, beautiful water, nice breezes. The pool area is the only reason I can't give a 5 rating -- the pool itself is beautiful, with great lounges and even a swim up bar. We really wanted to relax and enjoy it. But when we were there two large groups of young kids were super loud and played in and around the pool every day. I'm all for families and kids having fun but it was just disappointing not to be able to really enjoy the pool ourselves. Ultimately it's not the Alexandra's fault -- parents are responsible for to making sure their kids are respectful of other guests. But maybe they can establish a "kids" area of the pool, or an "adults-only" time of day? Other than that, our stay was perfect. We met several owners onsite who come back year after year. And we'll be back again ourselves. The onsite restaurant, Mango Reef, is one of the best on Provo -- you know it's great when local residents name it as their favorite! The food is delicious and the beachfront location can't be beat for watching sunsets. Highly recommend the Alexandra! Other Provo recommendations:
Majestic Taxi Service - Leonard, his wife Antonette, and nephew are super professional and helpful.
Snuba Provo - Jody is experienced, calm and assuring. Amazing way to have an underwater adventure without knowing how to scuba.
Sky Pilot Parasail - Professional and experienced crew, modern boat & equipment. Awesome way to enjoy all the different colors of blue in the water!
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Hotel
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; luxurious accommodations, warm friendly service, amazing oceanfront dining and a bevy of exciting activities. Understated luxury with a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, international cuisine with island flair and so much more await you at this magnificent Turks and Caicos resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Splendia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.