“Love this place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Naples, Florida
“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

A friend and I stayed here thru a timeshare swap back in April and we both absolutely loved this resort. We liked our location and thought it was one of the prettiest stretches of the beach and there was plenty of space between us and other guests. Other areas a little farther down seemed crowded together and a short beach area. We loved our room, it was a studio but was much bigger than expected, and very clean. Our room was on the first level and we still had a really nice view of the ocean. We also took advantage of the kitchen and appliances. Went to the grocery store and bought things to make breakfast/ lunch then went out to dinner every evening. Saved us some $ in the long run. We did have breakfast at the Mango Reef the first morning there and we liked it. We ate at Mango Reef for dinner two times while we were there and it was definitely one of our favorites. We tried a few other places that had much higher reviews for dinner and this was still our favorite. The ambiance, right on the water, and the sunset make it even better. We also really liked Somewhere Bar and Grill. I wasn't expecting Mexican food in the Caribbean to taste very good, but I was pleasantly surprised and the margaritas are yum! The owner, Ted is really cool and so is the staff. Lots of fun and not too far of a walk from The Alexandra (head left out on the beach and you will run into it). We took advantage of some of the perks while we were there. We used the gym, smaller but has weights and cardio equipment. We had to use the computer in the lobby because the wifi in the room did not really work. We used the free kayaks and those were fun. Had a free rum punch when we arrived and another during a guest happy hour/meet up. We chose to stick with Calvin for our transportation needs. He seemed to run this stretch... he was nice, reliable and fairly priced. We thought the resort staff was friendly,helpful and accommodating. The service at the restaurant and on the beach was good too, we liked when they brought us our frozen drink right on the beach :) I am a flight attendant and have traveled the world. This is hands down one of my favorite spots in all the land!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
To receive a review this positive from someone who has travelled the world is indeed a compliment - thank you! We will be sure to pass along your positive feedback to Calvin as well. Please know we have addressed our WIFI service and it now works in all guest rooms effectively. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

782 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Beautiful resort convineintly located on the beach next to other resorts. Quiet and comfortable. Great room with 2 tvs, balcony with 2 doors from living room and bedroom, large bed, bathtub, shower, kitchen, couch, and cot. Nice pool and lounge chairs to lay out all day. Nice staff. Great restaurant for dinning in and close to get to other ones.

Room Tip: We stayed in Prima Donna (building 3) which is on the opposite side of reception and concierge. Roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Alexandra Resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Turks & Caicos.
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Like everyone reading reviews on this website-I spent a LONG time reading reviews-trying to decide what the best place I could stay at in Turks & Caicos versus what I could afford. I visited several travel sites and read countless reviews for weeks. Overall, the Alexandra Resort seemed like a great place.

Well, I just got back from my trip last week. It was FANTASTIC. I had a Deluxe Studio condo. But, it had a fridge and a large kitchen sink and a microwave. The condo was VERY, VERY clean. And, house keeping actually comes thru 2x a day. Once to clean, and a 2nd time to give fresh towels and touch up and mop again. They were even scrubbing outside, everywhere, EVERY day.

I read a few neg reviews about the staff here and there (when I did my research). I must say - everyone was SUPER nice and helpful. I went to the Bahamas about 18 months ago - but this trip was much, much nicer. I really can't say one bad thing about the whole experience at the resort.

I arrived on a Sunday afternoon and left on a Thursday morning. Going the week before Christmas worked out great-as there were less people on the beach. Oh - did I mention the beach and water are BEAUTIFUL?

The resort has free paddle boards and kayaks (and life jackets) too - no need to rent anything. I went out kayaking 2x a day, for every full day I was there. This was fantastic!

And, the concierge will make reservations for you on any other activities you want.

Also - go to the spa and get a deep tissue massage. I had to go 2x while there. Best message in my life. $90 for 60 minutes at a resort of very reasonable for a deep tissue massage. She did an even better job the 2nd time (if that was even possible after the first one). Wow, I wish she worked here someplace locally.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are pleased to learn you had a fantastic vacation at the Alexandra Resort. We will pass along your comments about service and housekeeping to our team, as they work very hard to provide exceptional service and clean rooms - they truly appreciate the positive feedback. We will also share your comments with our spa manager. Please know that our spa facilities are currently being upgraded so your next visit to our spa will be even better!
New Hope, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We were married on the beach at the Alexandra Resort and stayed for 10 days. We had an oceanfront luxury suite on the first level. There was a hedge for a divider from the landscaping for the deck/balcony area which we loved and gave it an open feel instead of a wall which is found at most hotels. The room was a nice size with a full kitchen, laundry room, and pull out sofa. This worked well as there were 10 people in our group (different rooms) so we entertained every day throughout our stay and had plenty of room indoors and outdoors.
The restaurant had great food and was reasonably priced. We went to a few local spots off property and paid more money with not as good quality food as the hotel offered. Mango Reef catered our beach reception and everyone raved how good the food was. Thank you Mango Reef!
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Welcome drink upon arrival, easy to get beach chairs and umbrellas, Al the concierge was cheerful and arranged the best snorkeling tour we have ever been on. We have traveled extensively through Mexico, Central America, and Hawaii however this was the best snorkel trip and best beach so far.
Trevor the bartender was great, Ramon the waiter at our wedding was the best we could have asked for, and Alexis was great too!
Excellent beach location, great staff, nice rooms if your in the oceanfront luxury suite, fun to eat dinner on the beach every night at the dinner tables they set up nightly. Nice live music at the mango reef restaurant for dinner.
Drawback-they said they were taking a deposit and charged the entire amount (10 day stay), no beach waiters to take drink orders, no music at the pool or beach during the day (not even an iPod). Our friends stayed in a smaller room with a garden view and the housekeepers would make towel designs and leave on their bed, also put fresh flowers in their room. We were in a more expensive room and were the only couple there getting married however no 'special touches' were given to us. Individually owned units so even if your party requests to stay in rooms next to each other which are vacant, the hotel will not move rooms for the fairness of the owners rotation. Not a big deal if your not a big party, which we were.

We would definitely return to the Alexandra and loved having our wedding there. DestinationTCI arranged the wedding and reception which was perfect!

Great food, great beach location, great staff, excellent choice for couples.

Room Tip: Ocean Front is the only way to go!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Congratulations on your recent nuptials and thank you for choosing the Alexandra Resort for your wedding. We have spoken with our front office and apologize for the miscommunication regarding the deposit policy. We are also truly sorry to learn that your room did not receive the extra attention that we normally provide to our wedding guests. I also appreciate you informing us about the lapse in beach F&B service. We have three beach attendants as well as a server from Mango Reef who are always at the beach during the day to attend to guest requests. We will address this issue to ensure there are no service lapses in the future.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had yet another great vacation on Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos.
This time we stayed in The Alexandra Resort. This was the week of Thanksgiving so very different from our February visit. So so quite. The resort was very very quite in fact the whole island was quite.
The Alexandra was very nice,friendly staff, excellent rooms,( nice stainless steel appliances and granite work tops ) really nice food at the Mango Reef restaurant. ( we ate both lunch and dinner there during our stay at some point )
Would we go back ? Yes for sure.
I would recommend hiring a car to get around, restaurants are not really within walking distance and the grocery store is a good distance away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Alexandra Resort for your Thanksgiving getaway. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the quiet relaxation that has made Turks & Caicos such an exclusive destination. Renting a car is definitely conducive to seeing all of the island, but for guests that choose not to hire a car, we do offer a daily shuttle for a small fee to the grocery store, and at least five very good restaurants are no more than a 10 minute walk away along beautiful Grace Bay Beach. We wish you a happy new year and thank you for your patronage.
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Overall, the Resort is good, but there is a very huge difference between the standard of the rooms. Deluxe garden view rooms are small and only have small queen size bed. Luxury ocean view and ocean front studios are very big and comfortable (king size bed). In some minor details you can notice that the resort is not a world class resort.
Location is very good. The beach is excellent and it is walking distance from supermarkets and shops (20 mins). Mango Restaurant is a very good option for lunch time.

Room Tip: Deluxe garden view rooms are small and only have small queen size bed. Luxury ocean view and ocean f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay at the Alexandra Resort. We pride ourselves on offering excellent value for a beachfront resort on world acclaimed Grace Bay Beach in exclusive Turks and Caicos - thank you for sharing that observation with other readers. Our garden view rooms are slightly smaller than ocean view rooms, but still very spacious at 363 sq ft, and a 96 sq ft deck or patio. We wish you a happy holiday and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
LANSING
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was my first experience at an island resort and I would consider this location again on my next visit to TCI. Initially I had trouble with the room temperature; however, when a staff member came to the room and explained the door sensors, I had no difficulty for the remainder of the trip. Most of my encounters with staff were very pleasant and found them to be helpful. I was on the second floor and had no problem with noise from surrounding rooms. My room was very clean and comfortable. I ate three meals at the Mango Reef and felt the food was very good and the pricing was comparable to other surrounding locations. My check-in experience was very smooth and pleasant; however, at check-out the staff member would not provide a final receipt showing my final balance. Upon arriving home my credit card statement matched what I expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Happy holidays and thank you for staying at the Alexandra Resort. I am pleased to learn you had a pleasant vacation. We will speak with our front desk agent to learn why a final receipt was not provided, as that is our normal practice. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Turks and Caicos again in the near future.

Been to Alexandra Resort? Share your experiences!