“Amazing location and amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Summer Savings in TCI
Ranked #25 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Amazing location and amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am so pleased we chose to get married at the beach by this resort. It was perfectly dreamy and just what we wanted. Our family enjoyed the location as well, poolside and beach were both wonderful. The restaurant on site is very good and there are plenty of options nearby as well. All in all, great location and service for the entire stay.

Room Tip: the ocean view cannot be beat
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

780 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would like to share my experience in booking this Resort. There are 4 of us ladies celebrating over the hill birthdays next year. We will be staying at The Alexandra next May 2013. I have called the resort several times with questions and have spoken with Sonja. Sonja was informative, wonderfully helpful and friendly!!! We booked a 2 Bedroom Luxtury Oceanfront, as we wanted a great view, updated funishings and lots of space, these condos are over 1900 sq ft. I also called The Royal West Indies 3 times with no answer, not a good impression. I have been to 18 carribean islands and own a timeshare in St. Lucia. Service is very important and so far its been excellent! Can't wait to meet Sonja and the rest of the staff. I know its unusual to post a review before you go. However, I was so impressed that I wanted to share, as deciding and booking a vacation can be stressful and I feel very confident in the choice we made to stay at The Alexandra! I will be sure to post a review next year when we return... :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your kind comments about the reservations experience at Alexandra Resort. I will definitely pass along your compliments to Sonja. You have chosen a great unit for your "milestone" celebration and we will work hard to meet and exceed your expectations when you celebrate the special event with us next year. Until then, we are here to help if there is anything else we can do to assist you with planning your vacation.
Cape Cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel sits right on beautiful Grace Bay. The rooms are surrounded beautiful gardens or with a ocean view. The staff are the friendliest and very helpful. The pool is just waiting for you to take a refreshing dip, plenty of towels and very comfy chairs to lounge. The restaurant offers a delicious menu to please everyone. Rooms were tastefully decorated with a mini or full kitchen. Added plus was the washing machine & dryer in the room.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are spectacular
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Alexandra Resort. I am glad you had a great vacation and I will share your kind comments about customer service with our team. We hope to see you again soon.
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I travel a lot alone so everytime i book a hotel i make sure i get a nice Ocean View. Its my first day here at Alexandra Resort and i'm quite disappointed. I booked a An Ocean View Deluxe Suite and once i got in the room there is hardly an Ocean View, the ocean was very far and i would see it unless i go out of the balcony. I emailed and specifically said Ocean View they should have indicated that it PARTIAL totally Partial view only the additional fee i paid to get this room compared Garden view was not worth it. Tasha P. from Reservation should have made it clear to me before i came here that for me to get a real ocean view is to get an Ocean Front Room and pay additional $ 140 / a nite. I paid about $900 for 4 nites for this partial view and now she wants me to pay almost $600 to get a real ocean view. If you are an Ocean View room lover go book somewhere else.

Room Tip: book somewhere else if you are looking for Ocean view or Pay 3x here to get ocean front
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
On behalf of the team at the Alexandra Resort, I wish to confirm our concern that you are not enjoying your visit to the Alexandra Resort. I would be happy to discuss this with you in person since you are staying at the resort, but since you have posted this matter on Tripadvisor, we need to clarify the following claims that were made for other readers.

Your reservation was made with a third party reservation company and not with a member of our reservations team. If you had booked the reservation directly with the resort, one of our well trained team members would have clearly explained the difference in our room categories. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over the information shared by third party reservation services.

Tasha - our front desk agent - was solely responsible for checking you in at the resort (not processing your reservation). She did offer to extend you an additional discount above our already discounted rates to move to a different room category with a better view of the ocean.

We realize how frustrating it can be to arrive at a destination with a specific vision in mind of what the accommodations will be like. We work hard to satisfy guests who make reservations with third parties, but we have no control over the information communicated by those parties.

I do hope you will consider the Alexandra Resort for a future visit, and that you enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Caldwell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is our third stay at this resort in l 1/2 years, so we love this hotel. Do you like quiet, clean, spacious room, wonderful quiet pool and to be 50 feet from beach and restaurant, well then this is the place to stay. Also, this is the only beach where there are not hawkers and if you like to sleep late, you can get an umbrella any time of the day. Wonderful, smiling staff!!! The reef is walking distance and so are many restaurants, just walk down the beach and decide which place you care to dine. I am sure all the other island restaurants are great, but I dont want to drive ( on the left) and concierge *(Edwin) will shop for you and place items in fridge for a minimal charge. Hence my title, Paradise Found!!!!

Room Tip: we like one bedroom suite, has l 1/2 baths, stove, microwave, dishwasher and full size fridge
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JBohmann, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your third visit to the Alexandra Resort. We truly value your repeat patronage. Last year we purchased an entire new line of beach chaises, so we are pleased to hear that the new supply is making it even easier for you to enjoy beautiful Grace Bay Beach. I will be sure to pass along your positive feedback to our housekeeping team and to Edwin. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon on a future visit.
Marcy New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Beautiful resort, beautiful beach, great restaurant and our penthouse stay was awesome ! couldn't have asked for anything more. Staff was very accomdating, house keeping was great, we didn't have to ask for anything. The view from our balcony was breath taking, the water, the beach and i liked looking down at Mango Reef at night and the tables set up on the beach, very romantic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Alexandra was truly a great vacation spot. My husband is an Aruba lover and he even claimed Turks as his new love. We walked up and down the beach everyday going into all the resorts along the beach. I can say that the Alexandra sits on the best part of the beach. The beach is wide with almost no wind. If you go down farther on the beach its gets extremely windy. There were always chairs and umbrellas for us no matter what time we arrived. If there were no chairs they would set something up for you right away. I can't say what it would be like at the height of the season. From what I could see they had plenty of chairs & umbrellas stored under the deck. The water is so clear not even your camera could capture its clearalty. The pool is nice and they were always cleaning it. I did notice the tiles that are missing around the pool bar area as other reviews mentioned. The only thing I can say is no one ever used the pool bar while we were there. Don't know why? The room was new, spacious and very clean at all times. We had an ocean front room which was fabulous. The staff at the front desk were nice but could be a bit friendlier. The staff at the Mango Reaf were absolutely friendly and efficient in every way. We ate there several times since the food was just as good as some other places we tried. They have music twice a week which we really enjoyed. We also enjoyed their breakfast, especially their omelet's. Don't miss out on this place it is worth going to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Alexandra Resort. We will share your positive feedback with the team. You rightly observed that we do have lots of extra chaises and umbrellas, and we easily accommodate our guests on the beach even in peak season. We hope you will come back again this winter to enjoy the Turks and Caicos in peak season. We are working on repairing the pool tiles and thank you for your patience with this maintenance issue.

Been to Alexandra Resort? Share your experiences!