We spent the Christmas Holiday at the Alexandra for 6 days/5 nights. The staff was very friendly. We were greeted by Edwin and another tall gentlemen. They were accommodating and very knowledgable. Our room was nice and clean. We stayed in a studio. It had a small kitchenette, which is useful. We ended up buying a few microwavable groceries to save a little money. The only thing I didn't like is the lack of a tub and couch in our room. I kind of expect that in any nice place. The temperature in our room was also not adjustable. The AC was always on 69 degrees. So it was either freezing or hot at all times.
Food....Mango Reef was just ok to me. I had better. But it was convenient. They did not offer room service at the resort and that was a big downfall. And the restaurant closes at 10pm. Too early! When we were at the beach, no one from the restaurant steps away ever came up and asked us if we wanted to purchase a drink or food. I am not used to that. For good local food, I preferred The Conch Shack! Coco Bistro was a nice upscale restaurant and was worth the expense. I strongly advise making reservations.
The Spa....Nonexistent. It was basically a hotel room with a massage table. Absolutely no frills. When it was time for my appt, I rang the bell a few times and no one answered. Went back to the front desk of the hotel and was told that she was probably in a treatment. Ended up sitting outside of the Spa Hotel Room for 15 minutes after my scheduled massage. When the therapist finally opened the door and we got started, the massage was really good. However, we started later than my scheduled appt and ended at the originally scheduled end time. So I was kind of jipped.
Activities...like any resort, you can set up activities with the concierge. But literally, there were 3 things to do. You can snorkel half day, you can snorkel a full day, and one other thing. We like more adventurous activities like zip lining, ATVing, etc. We snorkled half day. The trip was nice and the ocean is beautiful. But there were sharks near where we snorkeled. A few people saw them up close. I didn't. Thank God for that.
Overall, the experience was average. The people are nice. The location was beautiful. But the resort lacked the luxury amenities that I expect for the money spent. If you want to go somewhere where you can just sit on the beach and do nothing all day, go here. But bring a cooler and your own drinks. Don't expect to be served.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; luxurious accommodations, warm friendly service, amazing oceanfront dining and a bevy of exciting activities. Understated luxury with a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, international cuisine with island flair and so much more await you at this magnificent Turks and Caicos resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales