May 31-June 6, 2010. My mom and I take a mother/daughter trip every couple of years, and while we have traveled to some wonderful places (cruises, Europe, etc.), most of those trips have been somewhat hurried...rushing from one tour to the next, sightseeing, etc. This time we decided we wanted a vacation away from it all - from work, telephone calls, the daily demands of life etc. I had always wanted to visit Turks and Caicos, and after reading all of the wonderful reviews of Villa Renaissance, we decided to stay there. The resort exceeded our expectations!
The entire experience of our trip was fantastic..from the booking of the trip through our last day. We booked the trip through Andrea, and she was great at answering all of our questions and sending us a list of activities and restaurant recommendations in advance. When we arrived at the resort, Gorgeous greeted us with a big smile, Skip served my mom and I a frozen cocktail, and then Gorgeous gave us a tour of our room and told us all about the resort ammenities.
We stayed in room 305, and it was beautiful...back balcony overlooked the pool, with a large front balcony overlooking white sands and emerald water...just stunning. The decorating in the room was beautiful...a very cozy living room, a fully stocked kitchen, and both bedrooms had plenty of room with beds that you would want to sleep late in if the rest of the resort wasn't so inviting!
I read a lot of the other reviews about how quiet this resort is, and I couldn't agree more. This is one of the reasons we loved it so much! If you are looking for a place that has a lot of nightlife, lots people, water sport activities, and activities for kids, then you may want to stay somewhere else. But, if you are looking to get away from the crowds, spend time on a gorgeous beach on a comfortable chair with an umbrella and have a friendly staff that is always smiling and wanting to ensure you have a great stay, then this is the place for you!
While my mom and I spent most of our time at the resort (there is a grocery store within walking distance, so we cooked a few meals in our condo), Gorgeous and Shereen gave us some great restaurant recommendations. Our favorite was Coco Bistro, although we also loved Vix and Lemon. Hemingways is a great place for lunch and just a short walk down the beach. While we enjoyed the music at the Conch Shack, and this would be a fun place to go have drinks with a group, we were disappointed in the food.
We also took the recommendation of the staff, and Shereen booked us on the Caicos Dream Tour. This is a wonderful 4 hour tour, and the boat picks you up right on the beach. We went snorkling and swimming for conch shells, which were later made into ceviche. They even give you the empty conch sell, which Villa Renaissance cleaned for us so that we wouldn't have smelly luggage!
We didn't get the opportunity to use the Spa service because we spent every day either at the pool or beach (I think my feet are still wrinkly from all the water), but we definitely plan on using the spa next time we come.
I wish I could remember all of the names of the staff that helped us enjoy our stay since everyone was so friendly. The resort was fantastic, but the friendliness of the staff makes it feel like home. Overall, our experience was wonderful, and I can't wait to return hopefully in the near future. Thank you Villa Renaissance...now if I can only maintain this state of relaxation until my next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the Grand Villas of the Italian and French Riviera, Villa Renaissance is a beautiful, beachfront Hotel located directly on internationally renowned Grace Bay beach in the Turks and Caicos Islands With 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom beachfront suites and 4 charming and equally luxuriously appointed poolside cottages, Villa Renaissance offers its relaxed elegance at surprisingly accessible rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Villa Renaissance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Renaissance Hotel Providenciales
- Renaissance Hotel Providenciales
- Renaissance Providenciales
- Providenciales Renaissance
- Villa Renaissance Turks And Caicos/Providenciales