We had booked a Penthouse Apartment at Villa Renaissance for a 2 week stay.
We arrived late Evening after a gruelling 36 hours of travelling from Thailand. We were shown to our Unit and felt it was very sparsely furnished. However it was late and just wanted to get to our bed.. There wasn't a welcome pack, the fridge was empty, not even some water. It was too late to shop but we requested some water from reception and were given a few small bottles.
The Master Bedroom with the large bathroom with shower and bath was locked!!! We were given the second small bedroom to use with a very small bathroom with no bath.
One of the wardrobes in our bedroom was also locked, all we had was a very small wardrobe to use and many other doors were locked off!!
The next morning we complained about the locked Master Bedroom, locked wardrobes, small bathroom etc., and requested to move, which after a Few hours , we moved to a 3rd floor apartments which had full use of Master Bedroom and second bedroom with large wardrobes. The furnishings and accessories were much better and we were able to store our excessive luggage and golf clubs in the second bedroom, albeit the view was not as good.
We had friends joining us the next day in another 2 bedroom unit at a much reduced charge to us and they had a two bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor & we had been given a penthouse with a small second bedroom etc., for more than double what we were paying and although we moved to another 2 bed unit we still payed the same price as the penthouse!!
Our friends had booked directly with the owner of their unit but they were not treated as well as us by the staff of VRBO due to the fact that they had not booked by VRBO. On one occasion, one of our friends went to play golf and returned unable to get into his unit to shower as his wife was walking the beach and she had the only key. VRBO would not assist him in his dilemma . He was not able to have the password for Internet access also and other issues that arose, it was extremely petty, even when we ordered food from Vix to be delivered without cutlery, when we requested some cutlery to enable us to eat by the pool, we were given only two sets of cutlery. The friends that had booked directly with the owner were not entitled to a knife and fork each !!!
Pool/beach towels were not always available, not enough sun-beds on occasions too. We had read about how amazing Bentley was ( bar tender) we saw him once in two weeks!!! The bar was rarely manned.
We went next door to Regent Grand which is owned by the same people and would definitely book there next time. the entire pool area, reception , manned bar was much better than VR.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Renaissance Hotel Providenciales
- Villa Renaissance Hotel
- Renaissance Hotel Providenciales
- Renaissance Providenciales
- Providenciales Renaissance
- Villa Renaissance Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the Grand Villas of the Italian and French Riviera, Villa Renaissance is a beautiful, beachfront Hotel located directly on internationally renowned Grace Bay beach in the Turks and Caicos Islands With 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom beachfront suites and 4 charming and equally luxuriously appointed poolside cottages, Villa Renaissance offers its relaxed elegance at surprisingly accessible rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Villa Renaissance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.