We went to Provo at the beginning of April specifically to relax in the island atmosphere—to us that means a white beach, clear blue water, and minimal noise, crowds, or hype. The Villa Renaissance is accurately reflected in their on-line photos and was exactly what we were looking for. As noted by other reviewers, the units here are privately owned and therefore have some individual character. Most units are managed by a company whose staff is on site; however, I believe some units use a separate management company. Ours was managed by the on-site staff and everything went perfectly. We had a lovely two BR unit on the ground floor overlooking the beach (unit 103)—and the beach and water here are gorgeous. We had a lovely patio on which to enjoy morning coffee or an evening glass of wine. Our unit was tastefully decorated and well equipped. The kitchen had all the usual amenities, plus a washer and dryer. Excellent housekeeping service was twice a day. We usually walked down the beach to have breakfast (Hemmingway’s is a great choice) and sometimes prepared our own lunch. (There is a good grocery store an easy walk from VR.) You can also order lunch from Vix’s (nearby restaurant that also provides room service to VR) at the desk or bar of VR and they will bring it to you on the beach. Plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas were always set up on the beach, and beach towels were readily available for pick up near the beach boardwalk. The pool is lovely and never very crowded. There is always someone available at the poolside bar to fix you a rum punch or whatever strikes your fancy. The grounds at VR are lovingly attended to and the setting is the most beautiful around.
The staff at VR is terrific. We didn’t want to be bothered with a car, but the staff always got us a cab within 10 minutes. It is a good idea to get the card of a cab driver you like, however, because that way you can easily have your restaurant call him/her for you for your return trip to VR. (On your day of departure be sure to ask the VR desk to schedule your cab in advance, especially if you are flying out on Sat. or Sun. when traffic to the airport is heavy. Cab drivers are VERY responsive to reservations made by VR staff.) Before we went to Provo, I read many, many restaurant recommendations. My advice is to ask the VR staff to select restaurants and make the reservations for you in advance of your visit. Alternatively, you can email them a list and ask them to reserve your selections. They made very good choices for us and confirmed all our reservations for six nights. Given that the chef may change or reputations may alter, the staff has the inside knowledge to send you to places you will enjoy. The best food we had was at Bagatelle, but we ate in other places, like Magnolia, where the food was good but the view made the meal terrific, and it’s the view that really soothes your soul. The staff members were unfailingly friendly, patient, attentive and accommodating. They know all the snorkel and dive outfits and also what might be interesting on adjacent islands. They truly want to ensure that you enjoy your holiday. The hotel itself is beautifully maintained and so much more charming than the giant resorts down the beach. What more could you ask for? We will definitely be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the Grand Villas of the Italian and French Riviera, Villa Renaissance is a beautiful, beachfront Hotel located directly on internationally renowned Grace Bay beach in the Turks and Caicos Islands With 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom beachfront suites and 4 charming and equally luxuriously appointed poolside cottages, Villa Renaissance offers its relaxed elegance at surprisingly accessible rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Despegar.com so you can book your Villa Renaissance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Renaissance Hotel Providenciales
- Renaissance Hotel Providenciales
- Renaissance Providenciales
- Providenciales Renaissance
- Villa Renaissance Turks And Caicos/Providenciales