“They Truly Think of Everything!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th and 7th Night FREE!
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Franklin, Tennessee
“They Truly Think of Everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our family of 4 (two adults, 19 and 22 year-old kids) returned last week from a 9 night stay at The Venetian. We had peeked around at The Venetian (during our stay next door at the Tuscany) on our last visit to Turks &Caicos two years ago as they were just nearing completion. While we were beyond pleased with our stay at the Tuscany, we decided to try the newer Venetian this time around. We were once again thrilled with every aspect of our accommodations.

We stayed in Penthouse 703 and felt like it was the best unit on the property based on the unobstructed views. There are huge windows and porches that take full advantage of the fantastic beach views. The unit itself was very spacious and had absolutely everything we could ever need. The housekeepers did a fantastic job of keeping our unit spotlessly clean, and I appreciated the fact that they had no problem with waiting to come and clean whenever it was most convenient for us. Even though there were only 4 of us, she gave us 6 new big fluffy clean beach towels every day. We did several loads of laundry (they have a full size washer and dryer) and she replenished our laundry soap each time. They also provide dish soap and paper towels at the sink and replace those before they run out as well. The housekeepers ran the dishwasher and sometimes even unloaded it.

We only ate a few meals out and so we did a lot of cooking in the unit. The kitchen was wonderful and had high-end appliances, granite countertops, etc. There is a gas grill onsite that you can use, and they even have a shopping cart stored by the dumpster that you can use to transfer your groceries up to your unit in one easy trip. I was thrilled to find that they had every type of cooking utensil, pot, pan, etc. we needed. We baked cookies and brownies, cooked a huge pot of spaghetti sauce, made daily smoothies in the blender, etc. and I felt like I was in my own kitchen. They also provided local coffee for the coffee maker and replaced the bag before it ran out. They even provided 6 water bottles for us each day. I felt like they are really aware of whatever needs you might have and they try to accommodate you before the need arises.

We also appreciated some of the special touches that made us feel at home. We really enjoyed looking out at the great views through the binoculars that were in the room. We even saw 2 dolphins (Jojo maybe??) swimming in the shallow waters one evening as we were eating dinner on the porch. While we brought several movies from home, they also provided some DVDs and a selection of books. We really enjoyed watching movies in the relaxing TV room on several evenings.

We loved watching the sunset each night as we ate our dinners on the screened-in porch. We got to enjoy a few quick rain showers while staying nice and dry on that porch as well! The open sun deck was also a wonderful place to enjoy breakfast and just relaxing in the sun.

The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. We had heard that many places only provide air conditioning in the bedrooms, but we appreciated the fact that our entire unit had great air conditioning throughout.

When we go to Turks, we generally go to just relax as much as possible and we were able to do that. We spent much of our time walking on the beach, reading under an umbrella in the nice beach chairs they provide. Most of the time we were the only ones using them! We were there during the slow season and there were never more than a few units occupied during our stay. Even if it had been busier, I doubt we would have ever felt cramped since the building only has 27 units and plenty of beach space.

We also enjoyed a good bit of snorkeling on this trip. We spent one day snorkeling at Smith's Reef (we saw a small whale come out of the water as we walking on the beach toward the reef!) and then snorkeled at The Bight in front of Coral Gardens. We rented a car throughout our stay so we were able to drive all around the island exploring and also go to the grocery store, restaurants, bakery, etc. We also really enjoyed snorkeling several times at a neat spot just a short walk down the beach to the East of the building. You can easily see a section of large rocks that jet into the water from the beach and there are lots of varieties of fish there. We always bring our own snorkeling gear on beach vacations so that we can snorkel whenever/wherever we want.

We also enjoyed a fun game of tennis one night using the free equipment they loaned us from the front desk/office.

While we were somewhat careful about keeping an eye on our belongings, I appreciated the fact that we always felt very safe at all times. Unlike on some other vacations we have taken (Puerto Rico especially!) where we felt like we had to be hyper-vigilant about guarding our things and being "on alert" regarding our safety, we felt comfortable at all times while on the island. I appreciated the fact that we felt like we could walk away from our things and leave them on the beach without fear of someone robbing us. Not that I would recommend leaving valuables out, I'm just saying we never felt like we had to be extra cautious. We also appreciated the extra security of being in a gated resort with a guard who walks/bikes around the property and is very visible in the evenings.

The location of The Venetian was also a big plus for us. We loved that it is technically the last resort on the end of that section of Grace Bay, so you can walk to the East and see very few people. We enjoyed being close enough to restaurants and shopping and the just minutes away from the heart of everything, but still being on the quiet, more secluded end. It was so peaceful and quiet at all times, but especially at night. Really the only sort of "party" activity we saw on our night-time beach walk was several doors down at Club Med. If you are looking for "nightlife", you won't really find much of it, but if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing family vacation, Turks and Caicos and especially the Venetian can't be beat.

Overall, the people everywhere on the island were very warm, welcoming and kind towards us as tourists. Coleen, the manager/concierge at The Venetian was perhaps the kindest and most accommodating of all! She worked with my husband before our arrival, responding to his emails and answering his questions. She was ready and eagerly waiting to welcome us when we arrived, and even let us check in early. She walked us to our unit, while a kind gentleman wheeled all of our luggage up for us. During our stay, Coleen checked in frequently to see if she could help in any way in answering questions about things to do, arranging a boat rental, traveling to the other TCI islands, etc. She met up with us as we returned "home" after day outings just to see how things went and make sure we were having a great time. She even came out to chat with us briefly out at the beach one day. She was never obtrusive, but simply very kind and caring doing everything possible to make sure our vacation was perfect in every way. We were truly heartbroken when our incredible trip came to an end it was time to leave paradise. Coleen hugged us goodbye and said she hoped we would return again and we really meant it when we said we certainly hope we will!

One of our best vacations ever, with incredible, personalized customer service unlike anything we have ever experienced anywhere else. (Except maybe when we stayed at their other property, The Tuscany, which was very similar and also extraordinary!)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
VenetianOnGraceBay, General Manager at The Venetian on Grace Bay, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
What an incredible review, thank you thank you thank you for being so kind to take time to write this thorough review on our Resort. You’ve captured so many highlights of what makes a stay at The Venetian so very special for our guests. We pride ourselves on delivering very personalized service, and glad to read that you’ve enjoyed our luxury/island/resort hospitality.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Turkish first
OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

First of all, Coleen Chang really loves her job and she truly cares about her guests. She is nice, kind, and one of the most helpful people on the island. Even before my family and I arrived she was helping to make arrangements and schedule reservations for dinner and excursions. She is well organized and very prompt in getting back with you. This is all done at no charge to the guests. Coleen is completely delightful.

We were extremely impressed with the luxurious condo. We stayed in 102 which was perfect. We could walk right off the patio to the beach. It was always clean, thanks to Rose. She was another blessing. Rose was always there at the same time to make sure that everything was clean and that we had what we needed. The kitchen is fully stocked and we never needed anything that was not provided. The bathrooms have hair dryers. The Venetian also provides laundry detergent for your laundry needs. Beach and pool towels are provided for your use during your stay.

Now let's talk about the beach. Oh the beautiful beach! It is calm, clear, and welcoming. It is also very clean. We often felt like we were there alone. There are comfortable chairs and umbrellas there for guests.

We can't wait to return to Turks and Caicos. When we do return we will return to The Venetian. We had such a spectacular time we can't say enough positive things about our stay.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Venetian. Everything was perfect!

My husband, 2 teenage daughters and I stayed in Penthouse 703. The accommodations were amazing. It seemed that everywhere you turned, there was a view of the gorgeous ocean. There are no buildings on the right side to obstruct the views.

We especially enjoyed the screened in living room/dining room as a break from the hot afternoons. The enormous windows made you feel like you were sitting right on the beach. At night, the media room was a great place to relax. There was a large television with dvd player. The room had an assortment of movies and plenty of books to borrow.

The kitchen was state of the art and well-equipped with dishes and utensils. Bottles of water and coffee were supplied. We did not cook meals, but we had some breakfast items and snacks. The grocery store is about a 10 minute drive.

The rooms were spotless. I am picky about room cleanliness and I found everything in perfect condition each day. We would like to thank Rose for all she did. She even decorated our bed on our anniversary!

There are no restaurants on the premises, but there are 2 restaurants (Cabana Bar and Opus) at the Ocean Club which is a short walk. I preferred the foot path, rather than walking on the beach when it was extremely hot. We ate many meals at Cabana Bar. It was very casual and it had consistently good beach food.

Grace Bay is by far the most beautiful beach with crystal clear turquoise water. We have stayed on Meads Bay on Anguilla which is a close second. Since the Venetian is not in the middle of all the busy resorts, it is private and serene. There are chairs and umbrellas set up for guests. You bring towels from your room for the beach and pool. There is a large, beautiful pool, but we spent almost all our time on the beach.

Colleen, the assistant manager was extremely friendly and helpful. She checked in with us each day without being obtrusive. She gave us excellent suggestions for dining and activities. What a lovely person! She truly made us feel welcomed.

We visited Turks last year and stayed at Grace Bay Club. We enjoyed our stay there, especially since there are restaurants and it is more centrally located. However, the Venetian has luxury accommodations and complete tranquility. I would definitely choose to stay at the Venetian again.

I would also like to mention that we have never met so many friendly, kind people on an island. We were constantly thanked for visiting Turks and it was clear that tourists are appreciated.

If you're looking for paradise, visit Turks and the amazing Venetian!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was well taken care of by management the minute I arrived at the airport as I was guided to the property in my rented car. The apartment was tastefully decorated, incredibly sized and pure luxury. Conveniently located right on a pristine beach with an equally magnificent view, I couldn't ask for more. Everyone and everything at The Venetian gets 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was impressed last year by the Tuscany next door but the Venetian is even better. The condos are bigger and better designed for feng shui flow and human flow. The service is exceptional as usual. Thank you Marlene for spending 2 hours washing my dishes, cleaning my mess, changing my sheets, and wiping the floor everyday. Thank you Terria and Shawna for your wonderful helful smiles. Thank you Coleen for all your tour suggestions. I shall return!:)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
VenetianOnGraceBay, General Manager at The Venetian on Grace Bay, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words, we take great pride in our resort and looking forward to your return visit next year at The Venetian on Grace Bay!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Venetian for a week to celebrate my birthday! It was an excellent experience. The staff was attentive, professional and very friendly! The room was actually the size of a large apartment! Extremely clean! Housekeeping spent 45 minutes daily cleaning! At other hotels I've stayed at they spend 15 minutes in the room. I can't say enough about the Venetian! The staff is great with making recommendations and reservations for the local restaurants and water activities! We are definitely going back to the Venetian.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
VenetianOnGraceBay, General Manager at The Venetian on Grace Bay, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Carl C – thanks so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us at The Venetian on Grace Bay, we’re absolutely thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and we loved hosting you for your birthday, we’ll look forward to a return visit soon.
Hertford, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have never in my life been to or seen anything to compare with this part of heaven. 102 is a great condo with wonderful furnishings and incredible views of the ocean. the beach is almost at
your back door.
words can't express the beauty of the white talcum like beach and the water color and clarity is
unmatched anywhere. there is no wave action and is perfect for swimming, snorkeling or whatever pleases you.
i explored the island extensively during my stay and this location is the best on the island for
beauty, cleanliness and solitude. Amazing.....
Everyone should visit this new condo at some time in their life and if they go, they will return.
it is as good as it gets
The staff is wonderful and will work like crazy to accomadate all guests.
For those who prefer a pool, there is a world class pool at your front door and you will probably have it all to yourself

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends