Having traveled to most of the Caribbean Islands and all the Hawaiian Islands, we were totally amazed at the beauty of Providenciales, Turks and Caicos ... the crystal clear water, the warm, friendly people, the wonderful amenities at the resort. Everything surpassed our expectations. After a short three hour flight, we were in Paradise.
We rented a car, at the airport and had no trouble, at all, finding the Ocean Club West. (Of course, it took a while to get used to driving on the left side of the road and all the roundabouts.) :)
As we drove into the OCW entrance, we were greeted by Jan, with a warm, cheerful, welcoming smile. He was amazing. From the beginning, he could not do enough to make us feel welcome. In the lobby, the agent was immediately cheerful and attentive. She was actually upset that we had to wait 20 minutes until our room was ready. Considering that our flight landed over an hour early, we could not believe that she apologized, repeatedly, for the delay. Instead of waiting in the lobby, we opted to go to the Seaside Café, right by the pool, for a quick lunch. The waitress, Carolina, was a sweetheart ... very welcoming and attentive. The cracked conch, conch chowder and Turks Head beer were terrific and so the eating and drinking began ... lol
Jan unloaded the car, handled the luggage and even drove us to the condo to help us settle in. Jan continued to show concern, for us, right up to the day of our check out. He was always available, with his golf cart, to provide us with a ride to our car, the lobby or anywhere we asked to go. Even though this was our first visit to the OCW, we felt at home, from the moment we arrived.
The suite was convenient to everything (the beach, the pool and the restaurant). The unit was well appointed, clean, well supplied and quite spacious (1200 sq. ft.). No matter what we asked for, the staff at the OCW responded immediately to insure our complete satisfaction.
The Silver Deep Boutique, onsite, was awesome. They not only had specialty items for us to purchase, they actually booked us on a full day trip on opening day of Lobster Season 2013. What a tremendous asset Silver Deep is to complement the already amazing OCW.
Aruba is our "home away from home" and has been for over 25 years. Even though Aruba is becoming more and more commercialized and over-crowded, we have so many wonderful, dear friends and family there that it would be unfair to even begin to compare the two islands. Having said that, we certainly found a new, unspoiled gem in the Caribbean and will be back again, real soon and will, without a doubt, stay at the Ocean Club West.
Thank you for an amazing, memorable stay. Until we meet again, may God bless all of you.
With sincere gratitude,
Peter and Linda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, West Indies, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Club West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club West Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel West
- Ocean Club West Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club West Turks And Caicos/Providenciales