“Fun in the Sun!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ocean Club Resorts, Providenciales   |
Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
“Fun in the Sun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at Ocean Club West for Christmas week 2012. I had an ocean view room (Bldg E, Room 517) which means I could get a glimpse of the ocean thru the gardens. It was very nice. My room was situated close to the pool, restaurant and most importantly the beach. I had an end unit so had a screened patio off the living room which wrapped around to the side then had another patio off my bedroom. My room was very spacious; full kitchen, one and half bathrooms, dining room, breakfast bar, living room and a washer and dryer The grocery store is within easy walking distance. After reading from other reviews how expensive everything was, I brought in my own non-perishable items (coffee, tea, snacks, clothes soap, dryer sheets, etc.) I'm glad I did so I didn't have to buy that stuff at island prices. I will pass on that recommendation to others heading to the island. The staff at this resort were very nice and always helpful. The day before I was leaving, the front desk staff even called to see if I needed to secure a taxi to the airport. I did need one so they made that reservation for me. The beach is great. It was very clean and never ending. You can walk quite a distance in either direction to enjoy it. There are lots of shops within walking distance of this resort also. I attended the Maskanoo event a short distance from the resort on Dec. 26th. There was a parade, music, rum, grills offering jerk chicken, etc. The street was closed off so you could walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. This festival was held a short walk from the resort also. It was a great vacation. I would recommend Ocean Club West. I can't think of anything negative about it. When I return to T&C, I will go back to OCW.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

T&C is like stepping into a postcard. The most beautiful water you can imagine and the locals are very friendly. We had a destination wedding and stayed at Ocean Club West. It was wonderful. We loved Provenciales, the island is quaint, not overly busy or crowded, and its very safe. We walked or bicycled almost everywhere, and didn't worry about being off the resort after dark at all. The resort has beautiful gardens, easy access to beach area with complimentary chairs and umbrellas, beachside cafe for drinks and lunch, and is located within walking distance of several restaurants and shopping. We really liked the large screened in balconies, the weather was perfect the week after Thanksgiving and we slept with the sliding doors open every night. It's also quiet! Took a boat tour and snorkeled the barrier reef, amazing experience! Coco Bistro was definitely the best dinner we had, the food and ambience are fabulous. The resort provides bicycles free for guest use. However, they aren't in the best condition so you should check them over good before you take off (we had a flat tire experience) and they have to be back before dark which is a little bit of a bummer since the sun goes down so early. Ageee with some of the other posts, it is a very pricey destination. Also most restaurants automatically add gratuity or a "service charge", in addition to a high tax. Otherwise one of the best vacations ever and would definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This condo resort is located in touristy part of town so most of good restaurants, grocery stores, shops are close by, it has private beach accesss with beach chairs, towels all included in the cost for guests to use. The pool area is nice, we were satisfied with the service. The on site restaurant is decent and overlooks the amazing grace bay. If you want to spend relaxed, not much adventure vacation with younger kids this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2013
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great place to stay! Suite 133 oceanfront. Just returned and can not wait to go back! Great staff and very well maintained! Everything you could want in a rental.Very pricy restaurants but there are several nice grocery stores.Must rent a car to see this great Island. The Conch Shack was great but we liked Bugaloos better. Very friendly waitress named Mar from the Dominican.The food at the resort was very good and priced right.Music on Monday nights and Friday nights.Very relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: Go Oceanfront if possible and rent a car!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was a perfect place for my family of 4, (2 adults/2 collage aged kids). We shared a Jr. Suite with a cot. Our room, booked as a garden, had a lovely view of the pool and ocean. The decor was simple but had everything including a fully stocked kitchen, unit washer & dryer, wifi in the room, reception area, and at the beach. It also had a lovely master bath with a deep tub and shower. This is a relax property, no need to dress up. I didn't wear most of my fancy resort things. More flip fops and shorts place. The staff was great, but no real concierge to set up things. They have resources and access as well as relationships to help, but your more on your own than at other places we've been.

I enjoyed borrowing a bike for daily ride. Tina's Taxi took us to dinner around the island. We played tennis, took the bus the their sister property. Enjoyed it all. We found this to be an ideal location to get to a grocery store, other restaurants (great deli and bakery across the street). Also near bars (ie Jimmy's Dive bar) for the younger set. I thought their Seaside restaurant/bar had the best conch salad on the island. Turns out they won the award, no small feat with the competition in that category. Everything else was good too.

Only issues were, I wish they had their own water sports tie. We wanted to try wave boarding but that day their vendor was on island time and didn't open. Not much on activities so if you want those other resorts seemed to have more. Its also very quite at night, but a few bars and Ice Cream (we went to Giggles) are a short walk. Otherwise, after dinner everything shuts down.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Morristown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

A wonderful experience from the moment we got out of the taxi. Outstanding professional staff (John, the Bellman) greeted us like we were family visiting his home. The front desk staff was fantastic and efficient. The unit we were in could not have been better. Great views, easily accessible, and large. Food was good on site and options off site were plentiful and within walking distance. Overall it was a great week and I highly recommend Ocean Club West. Also make dinner reservations at the outside Restaurants as early as you can!!!

Room Tip: Ask for garden,pool,ocean view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just got back from Christmas week in paradise. Turks and Caicos is an amazingly beautiful island. Our family loves snorkeling and it is truly the best place I've yet to visit. The water is simply superb! Grace Bay reminded me a bit of Aruba. Very flat with lots of expensive hotels one after the other. Emphasis on the word "expensive". Turks and Caicos is one of the most expensive islands we have ever been to. Everything from groceries to wine to dining is very pricey.

We thought Ocean Club West was terrific. We had a one bedroom condo on the second floor facing the pool and ocean. It was spacious, well appointed and tastefully decorated. The screened in porches are an added bonus and provide extra living space. However, it was too small for the four of us. My two adult sons slept on a rollaway bed and pull out couch that were very uncomfortable. I felt sorry for both of them (not too sorry since we were in paradise) because they didn't get much sleep. Housekeeping was very thorough and the grounds, pools, restaurants are all kept extremely clean. Ocean Club West is in an ideal location, and is walking distance to just about everything. Towels are plentiful and the staff was always helpful and polite. If you're looking for a quiet, peaceful and gorgeous getaway, then I would recommend TCI and Ocean Club West.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Club West? Share your experiences!