My wife and our two children of 3yo, and 8 mo. respectively had a great time on our second stay at OCW. I had requested a bottom floor unit prior to our arrival since you can't through travelocity and they did reply that they would attempt to honor the request but couldn't guaranty anything, which was fair. Upon arrival the unit was ready and it was in fact a ground floor unit and the closest one to the pool. Fantastic! This made for quick access to and from the pool area with the kids and was incredibly helpful.
The rooms at OCW are a bit dated and I wouldn't consider them luxury by any means. I would label them unpretentous and beachy. Great for an active family and one that intends to eat meals in the room.
The down side to the bottom floor unit was that the unit did not enjoy those terrific breezes that TCI is known for but the convenience more than made up for the lack of open air in the room. One complaint we do have is that our kids were litterally assualted by mosquittos during the stay and they appeared to be coming in throught the front entryway as they all congregated right there. We noticed the maid would leave the door open the entire time she cleaned our room everyday and we are pretty possitive this had a lot to do with our issues. Also, towards the end of our stay we noted that there are control devices, foggers, misters, whatever you want to call them in the hallways, but they were inoperable. We never had an issue with bugs in the past so we originally just chalked it up to the recent rains, but upon our trip concluding we figured that we probably could have advised management to do something about it. Our children and us still had a great time at OCW, but this next time we will bring some plug in repelent items to rid our suite of bugs.
The food this time around was much improved. I think I had the jerk pork tenderloins 3 times during our stay and each time the dish was better and better. Otherwise, the location is ideal for our family since we can walk to the stores, restuarants, etc..all from the resort. We've booked our next trip already and hope to experience the spa, and possibly check out the babysitting service this next time around. The people at the resort are always friendly and helpful at check in, the bbq grills, and full kitchens allow us to cook our own breakfasts and lunches, which also makes the transition to island time easier on the children who tend to be less patient with service times etc...in the islands. (Otherwise called "meltdown control")
The pool is never very crowded and the resort doesn't ever give the impression that it is either, which makes for a more relaxing environment since we never have to rush to get a spot at the beach or pool like at other carribean resort areas. The resort is small so you're never too worried about loosing site of the kids either should they walk a little ways away from you.
The beach area at OCW is one of the wides sections and we appreciate that greatly since the narrower areas have steeper entries to the water making it more difficult for small children like ours to enter and exit the water. My last and final point is that the resort lies directly inbetween some of the most expensive and exclusive resorts on the island but for 50%-80% less per night than either resort. So if you're beach people you're getting the same beach, same view, same water, and sunshine as the people paying double or triple you pay at those resorts. Just look to your left and your right and smile. You can even go to those places eat their food, drink their booze, and still go back to your room knowing you payed half as much a night for virtually the same experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Club West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club West Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel West
- Ocean Club West Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club West Turks And Caicos/Providenciales