“One of the prettiest places I have been” 5 of 5 stars

Point Grace
4.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Grace Bay | P.O. Box 700, Providenciales   |
Ranked #27 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
NEW YORK
“One of the prettiest places I have been”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I loved the location of Point Grace. Very private and romantic. The service is excellent. We had an upper cottage suite that was lovely. Grounds well taken care of. The beach attendants would bring you water fresh fruit and sobert in the afternoon. Graces cottage is the restaurant on site. Food was good but they could give you a little more for the price you pay. I would highly recommend this boutique resort for a special occasion. And would love to return one day. Easy to walk to other restaurant and some shopping.

• Stayed October 2013

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Island Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Overall, the hotel and it's staff are terrific. The grounds are well-maintained. The cottages and beach fronts are ALL amazing! The beach is beautiful and the beach service is commendable. The welcome committee is friendly and always smiling! The pool bar offers a relaxing place to have a bite to eat or a drink before dinner. Although the hotel does have a very nice restaurant, we found ourselves taking bikes or walking the beach to local restaurants.

Room Tip: Second floor cottages and beachfront accommodations are the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The grounds are heavenly and maintained beautifully. The location is probably the best on Grace Bay as the hotel is located on a point that provides splendid views and feeling of privacy. We have never been anywhere with such a spectacular beach.

95% of the staff couldn't have been nicer or tried to be more helpful. Absolutely wonderful group of people, especially Beverly, Mary, Duella, Tara, Gary, Santos and Morrie. More on service later.

We wanted a front beach view so we had reserved a two bedroom suite even though we didn't need that much space. There are no one bedroom suites with a prime ocean view. The cottages looked very nice with pool views and the pool property is worth viewing!

We arrived on the island on a Saturday and the small airport was crazy busy. The arrival area is too small and getting to our transportation was confusing and hectic. It is like that for anyone who flies into Turks so it no fault of the hotel. We were probably the last group that got out.

Gary, our driver is an ex-prize fighter and a real character; we really enjoyed him. He did his best to get me and my husband and a family of four into the van with all of our luggage which was no small task as Barry and I are divers and brought all of our own gear. The hotel staff were warm and inviting and our luggage was immediately whisked away by friendly efficient staff.

There are too many positives to list about staying here so keep that in mind as you read the very minor issues that we outline below. The only reason I list them is because most of the issues will be easy for the hotel to overcome.

Our suite was clean and beautifully appointed with a spectacular view of the ocean. We hate air-conditioning so immediately shut it off and opened all of the windows. The ceiling fans were all we needed to keep the temperature perfect. In fact everything was perfect except the dresser drawers were hard to open and close (the humidity seems to have got to them) and the televisions wouldn't work. Normally we wouldn't have mattered to us but my husband was looking forward to watching the Seahawks one night. We had to have the staff come to the room five different times to get it up and running but finally Barry was able to watch the game. Not sure why it was so difficult.

We were also told not to drink the tap water which was a surprise and a little disconcerting as we didn't expect that. The maid brought 4 little bottles of water each evening service.

For the most part the service was excellent. The only time we got a bit annoyed was when my husband ordered hash browns with his omelet. The omelet came but no hash browns. After 40 minutes of waiting we had to go up to our room to get ready to meet our shuttle to the dive shop and we couldn't find the waiter. We went to our room and within a few minutes the waiter knocked on our door with the browns as we were set to leave. My husband said it was too late but the waiter presented us with the bill and still expected us to pay for the hash browns. We could have argued but just signed anyway. It wasn't a big deal but is an example of the kind of customer service disconnect that needs to change if Point Grace is to become a 5 star property.

The breakfast was very nice and we always looked forward to seeing beautiful friendly Tara and Duella but the food was never put out out 7 as advertised. That was a little annoying as we had to meet the diving shuttle every morning at 8. Granted, we were always the first ones waiting for breakfast and it wouldn't have mattered if we didn't need to catch the shuttle. We would have been more than happy sitting in the tranquil lush outdoor dining area.

Point Graces restaurant, "Graces Cottage" is excellent; we ate there three times. We aren't spa people but it looked very nice too.

We highly recommend Point Grace and will stay there again if we visit TCI.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Providenciales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

As a local to the island I am use to high end 5 star resorts spa n treatments so I went in thinking that I would get the something. However point graces spa , food and staff has won me over and showed me that there can be a greater excellence. I was offered help from the moment I walked out of my car unt the very moment I left. The spa treatment that me and my wife received was just heavily I all most fell asleep at one point and when it was don't I was ready to pay for another 30 min just so tat it would not stop. After the spa we gd lunch which I must say did excite my tatse buds I'm a self procliam chef n my wife loves my cooking of the island taste but the food was nothing short of amazing we had the conch and lobster fritters and conch chowder and the chicken fingers and cheese burger n fries for lunch and let's just say I'm staying for dinner I can't wait to come back so take my work for it it's worth the trip and the money so get your day passes locals and visitors get to booking at point grace Turks and Caicos island and tell them Travis Whymns sent you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I came here for our honeymoon and were disappointed upon arriving at Point Grace. We expected a luxurious and clean place but that isn't what we got. The room was dirty (literally a stain on the toilet seat that came off with a paper towel...yuck!) and the furniture was outdated and several pieces were actually damaged. There were also stains on the carpets and curtains. The staff were nice and did work with us. They showed us to a much nicer room, though this room also had outdated furniture and bleach stains on the rugs and curtains. The hotel seemed quiet while we were there... almost too quiet, but we were not there long so this may not always be the case or maybe that is what you want. Unhappy with the rooms we decided to stay elsewhere (Grace Bay Club... which was amazing). I will say that the hotel was very nice in granting us a full return on our prepaid stay and we appreciated that very much. The staff was also pleasant for the most part for the short time while we were there. With some major upgrades/updates this could be a really great place considering the location. The grounds were beautiful and seemed to be well-maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for one that has been recently updated.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Southington, Ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a week at Point Grace. The grounds were very beautiful and well maintained. Gorgeous Grace Bay Beach is but a few steps away from the hotel pool. We'd visited other resorts in the area and found the architecture and lush surroundings of this cozy resort to be the nicest. They offer a complimentary breakfast every morning which is good, but gets a bit old by the end of the week. It'd be nice if they could include yogurt, bagels, some smoked fish and perhaps eggs on occasion. The restaurant on the premises "graces cottage" had wonderful ambience, service and food although we were very disappointed that the "expected entertainment" failed to show up the evening we went. The rooms were comfortable, maybe a tad dated but reasonably clean. The pool guy was available to set up hobbies cats if you gave him some notice. Overall, a pleasant relaxing stay; If anything, it felt a little TOO quiet at times, but capacity was very low. I would definitely return but only if they continue to have deals on Luxury Link because what you save in room rates, you definitely make up for in the pricey albeit great dining selections.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

wonderful position, very peaceful. That is my favorite lce in Turks and Caicos. Also the baech in that pont is very peacefull, no water sports, no all inclusives resort close by. Perfect for couples or romantic holidays.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Point Grace? Share your experiences!