The average rating is just overall because of the fab location on the beach. if just for service it would be two stars. We recently stayed here in a one bedroom ground floor poolside suite. The process at home started miserably and my instinct was not to follow thru with the reservation. i should have listened to my instincts. i had to leave various messages to get information about rates and availability, chasing them when they are supposed to want your business. Then, after booking i never received a confirmation email. again, i had to keep calling and instead of apologies i got an attitude. So, we arrive in the room and It was a nice unit but definitely a bit dated as many have said before they don't have a flat screen tv in 2013, while claiming to be 5 star luxury boutique hotel. And as a previous reviewer stated it did have a slight mold and mildew smell. Our unit didn't get much sun exposure at all and maybe that is why.
We had booked and paid for a package that included dinner for two, massages, champagne and chocolate strawberries. None of this was apparently recorded in their records, the reservationist was off that day and when we asked about it, we were made to feel as though we were lying and trying to dupe them. We had dinner and massages booked and wanted to clarify this right away. We were told that the reservation manager was out that day so we would have to wait till the next day. Really? Good thing I kept calling and requesting a confirmation because instead of going to the beach I had to go to the front desk and show the manager my email listing what was included in the rate. If i hadnt kept calling for the email confirmation and went on verbal confirmation, i am 99% sure that we would not have been granted the included amenities. it would have been my word over theirs and i wouldnt have won. We spoke to Mary the main property manager and there was no sincere apology. She said they tried to call the reservation manager on her day off but couldn't reach her. That was a lie, because the next day when I asked the reservation manager what happened she said no one had called her at all and instead of apologizing she complained that it was her one day off and she shouldn't be bothered anyway. They just don't care they seem disgruntled. Everyone deserves a day off but they need to get their stuff together big time. I think they branded us as annoying after that because we truly felt unwelcome. its as though they are going through the motions. I actually found myself wondering what the heck is going on there for the air of total apathy that I picked up on. Are they not paid well? Maybe its the economy? Are the residents resentful towards american tourists? I really never felt that way before in over ten trips to TCI, or at least not to this extent. The bartender did have an surly attitude as well. It didn't make for a relaxing peaceful experience, and we paid plenty to stay there. An exception is the pool/beach attendant who works so hard all day long and manages to be friendly and helpful. He really deserves praise. Also the breakfast ladies were very nice and efficient and helpful. The location on grace bay is superb, I wish the hotel was better. The beach comes to a point here so it's wide and not too crowded in that spot. You have sand dunes to the left when facing the ocean, then the sands resorts a short walk away but it's not visible. To the right le vele a quiet resort is the neighbor. I always have loved the gorgeous turquoise water and white powdered sugar sand of grace bay beach and if we ever do return, it won't be to point grace.
Recently, there were issues at the airport regarding American tourists, so I think our days of visiting turks are over. Very sad, but the issues are a big concern. I am afraid to elaborate because threads and posting about it have been removed..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An extraordinary Caribbean retreat, located at the point of the pristine twelve-mile beach of Grace Bay. Inspired by classic, turn-of-the-century British Colonial architecture, the beach front setting looks out upon a shimmering vista of turquoise sea and alabaster beach.Here, in a setting seemingly untouched by time, each suite has been designed to include every luxury, leaving you free to encounter your own personal state of grace. Come and experience it for yourself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Point Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Grace Hotel Providenciales
- Point Grace Providenciales
- Point Grace Turks And Caicos/Providenciales