“Poor customer service, almost nonexistent..excellent location on grace bay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Point Grace

You added Point Grace to your Saves list
Point Grace
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Grace Bay | P.O. Box 700, TKCA 1ZZ, Providenciales   |
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
“Poor customer service, almost nonexistent..excellent location on grace bay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The average rating is just overall because of the fab location on the beach. if just for service it would be two stars. We recently stayed here in a one bedroom ground floor poolside suite. The process at home started miserably and my instinct was not to follow thru with the reservation. i should have listened to my instincts. i had to leave various messages to get information about rates and availability, chasing them when they are supposed to want your business. Then, after booking i never received a confirmation email. again, i had to keep calling and instead of apologies i got an attitude. So, we arrive in the room and It was a nice unit but definitely a bit dated as many have said before they don't have a flat screen tv in 2013, while claiming to be 5 star luxury boutique hotel. And as a previous reviewer stated it did have a slight mold and mildew smell. Our unit didn't get much sun exposure at all and maybe that is why.
We had booked and paid for a package that included dinner for two, massages, champagne and chocolate strawberries. None of this was apparently recorded in their records, the reservationist was off that day and when we asked about it, we were made to feel as though we were lying and trying to dupe them. We had dinner and massages booked and wanted to clarify this right away. We were told that the reservation manager was out that day so we would have to wait till the next day. Really? Good thing I kept calling and requesting a confirmation because instead of going to the beach I had to go to the front desk and show the manager my email listing what was included in the rate. If i hadnt kept calling for the email confirmation and went on verbal confirmation, i am 99% sure that we would not have been granted the included amenities. it would have been my word over theirs and i wouldnt have won. We spoke to Mary the main property manager and there was no sincere apology. She said they tried to call the reservation manager on her day off but couldn't reach her. That was a lie, because the next day when I asked the reservation manager what happened she said no one had called her at all and instead of apologizing she complained that it was her one day off and she shouldn't be bothered anyway. They just don't care they seem disgruntled. Everyone deserves a day off but they need to get their stuff together big time. I think they branded us as annoying after that because we truly felt unwelcome. its as though they are going through the motions. I actually found myself wondering what the heck is going on there for the air of total apathy that I picked up on. Are they not paid well? Maybe its the economy? Are the residents resentful towards american tourists? I really never felt that way before in over ten trips to TCI, or at least not to this extent. The bartender did have an surly attitude as well. It didn't make for a relaxing peaceful experience, and we paid plenty to stay there. An exception is the pool/beach attendant who works so hard all day long and manages to be friendly and helpful. He really deserves praise. Also the breakfast ladies were very nice and efficient and helpful. The location on grace bay is superb, I wish the hotel was better. The beach comes to a point here so it's wide and not too crowded in that spot. You have sand dunes to the left when facing the ocean, then the sands resorts a short walk away but it's not visible. To the right le vele a quiet resort is the neighbor. I always have loved the gorgeous turquoise water and white powdered sugar sand of grace bay beach and if we ever do return, it won't be to point grace.
Recently, there were issues at the airport regarding American tourists, so I think our days of visiting turks are over. Very sad, but the issues are a big concern. I am afraid to elaborate because threads and posting about it have been removed..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My fiance and I are just back from a trip to Turks & Caicos to celebrate my 40th Birthday. The island is just amazing. Beaches and ocean are someone of the most beautiful we have ever seen. The Point Grace, however, is not a hotel to which I wish to return.

My fiance chose Point Grace based on it's location, reviews and the fact that I love small, independent hotels. The setting itself is beautiful but having worked in the travel industry for the last 20 years, I have never, in my life experienced such horrible customer service. Deplorable.

The first room we checked into smelled like mildew but was promptly told by the woman who checked us in, while in our room with us, that it most certainly did not. We left the room to have lunch, got back and it truly smelled horrible. They VERY RELUCTANTLY moved us to another room that smelled like mildew as well. This time, the housekeeper who was there, very rudely told me it did not. When I asked why there was an enormous dehumidifier in the room, she shrugged and said some one must have requested it.... hummm...Mind you, the hotel was NOWHERE near full and they basically refused to move us again.

This was the beginning of the end for us at Point Grace. The Happy Hour, and pool bar (only bar at the hotel) closed at 6pm. So on our first day when we got to the bar at 6:03pm because of the room fiasco, the surly bartender literally turned his back on us when we asked about a drink. Told us the bar was closed. We tried to explain how we had to move rooms but he wasn't hearing anything of it. This was the same bartender who just two hours before, chatted us up while we ate lunch, then just acted as if he'd never seen us before.

This became the theme of our stay; it happened at breakfast the next morning, the waitress could NOT be bothered to help us. She was down right mean and angry when I asked for a fresh cup of coffee, as the one I was given was so burned and bad it was undrinkable. Said it was made fresh that morning and walked away. This same attitude pervaded the entire staff -- from man who tended the beach to both bartenders we encountered to the "concierge". There is absolutely no concept of customer service at this resort. None.

We returned a bit late from the beach on our last full day there, 3:55pm; When I went over to ask the bartender for something to eat, he was asleep. I stood there and waited but it took till 4:03pm to get him to acknowledge me. When he did, all he had to say was the kitchen was closed at 4pm. I asked if he would call them to see if they would make us just one sandwich, and he grumbled and griped before finally picking up the phone. We VERY reluctantly got food, but with ZERO hospitality.

This hotel to me is a total oxymoron. Asprey amenities -- FIVE star -- with Tube TV's, no flat-screens. We put a do not disturb sign out twice, and both times we woken from our naps!

The beach and setting itself is lovely, but that is just not enough to bring me back. It claims to be a luxury boutique hotel however, there is ZERO customer service. Everyone there is just pissed. No one AT ALL wants to go out of their way to make this a wonderful experience for you. Very sad. The hotel and it's guests deserve more. This attitude is born and bread from management and in my mind needs to be rectified asap.

We did of course go on to have a fantastic trip regardless of our hotel experience. the island is just lovely, and service every else was amazing. Truly. I am giving the rooms a 'poor' based on the fact that we needed a dehumidifier to get rid of the smell -- and that I had to empty myself -- but the decor and amenities within the rooms are lovely.

The hotel has great bones and is on a beautiful stretch of Grace Bay. It honestly deserves better; better staff, better management and better care.

Room Tip: Do NOT choose a room on the ground floor by the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Point Grace has everything you need for a perfect stay on a tropical island. The patio with the swimming pool and the cottages is beautiful and well maintained with palm tress, colorful flowers and a lot of eye for detail. We stayed in one of the pool side cottages and the rooms were perfect. We were there with our 8 month old son and the crib was set up when we arrived. The cottage had a living room, a bed room and a bath room, was equipped with everything you need (including washer and dryer), had a great balcony and a nice colonial feel. It was just a few steps to the pool side where benches were ready with fresh towels.There was a nice boardwalk that gave access to the beautiful beach of Grace bay. Breakfast was good and the restaurant was also one of the best that we experienced on Provo. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. If you do not want the massive all inclusive resort but prefer character, style, and a colonial feel, Point Grace is your best choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Grace Bay was beautiful! The rooms are beautifully appointed and have everything you could possibly need. We rented a car and bought groceries; ate breakfast and lunch in and went out to dinner each night. This was a blast and we found so many great restaurants on the island!

The beach was awesome and swept every morning. As we went in each night the staff would ask us where we wanted to be set up the next day and when we came out in the morning they would have our chairs and umbrellas in a row with towels and coolers of bottled water. We had a big group so they wanted to make sure we had a large area where we could all sit together.

The beach and the water is pristine and the staff helped us with kayaks, hobies, etc. However there is not a lot to see when snorkeling which we were ok with this trip but if that's your favorite activity its not the island for you.

Staff was great! Entire hotel was immaculate. Only complaint was there is almost no ice in your room. We went to the bar and asked for ice several times a day and were disappointed to see a charge for it on our bill when we checked out.

Ours kids are young adults so it was perfect for us. If you have small children I wouldn't recommend it. Its pretty quiet and set up for adults.

Otherwise - great hotel and awesome trip. We will go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Grand Turk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Point Grace is a small but elegant resort, situated front and center on Grace Bay Beach. I've stayed there several times, have always found the staff very attentive, the rooms well appointed. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: all of the suites face the ocean, but the first floor suites are elevated, also have a double balcon...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Spent 5 days at PG with my husband and 4 other family members (all adults) at the end of march/early April. It was definitely relaxing and rejuvenating..here are some details..

- Room: With 6 adults total, we stayed in the Ultra Atlantic suite on the second floor of one of the beach front buildings. The suite was fantastic! 3 bedrooms, with a beautiful master facing the ocean. Plenty of space to hang out with two living areas, gorgeous balcony and a giant kitchen. The aesthetic is very beachy and admittedly a little outdated (think tube TV in a console)..but overall, it was very comfortable and cute. We bought the package thru Luxury Link which was a fantastic deal compared to paying full price for it, so I was happy over all.

- Resort: Absolutely breathtaking- having stayed at Somerset and Veranda during previous visits to TCI, and also spending a few days in Regent Palms during the same trip, PG was the only place that actually felt 'private' even at 90% occupancy. We never had an issue getting beach chairs..the pool does get a bit crowded (meaning like 12 people!), but still plenty of open spots. Granted the resort does not have the over the top glam of Grace Bay or Regent Palms, but it truly felt very Caribbean. The evening happy hour was a nice touch with 50% drink selections (which honestly after spending all day drinking on the beach, no one really cares if it's full or half price) but I always looked forward to the little 'snack'..some kind of bar food item but so good! Continental breakfast was included but here's the bummer, it's only served till 9.30..if you are like me and want to sleep in on vacay, it was a little annoying getting up, but got over it once we got downstairs to Hutchinsons. Standard resort spread- fruit, pastries, sliced meats and cheeses and ofcourse as everyone says the best oatmeal ever! We ordered eggs a few times for the extra $ and they werent bad. Breakfast was certainly a good base to go lay on the beach after. We didnt eat dinner at Grace's Cottage but did get drinks and desserts one night and they great- very romantic spot. The Spa as good- very small, 2 rooms! but cute - ask for the lady from Philippines.

- Beach: I love Grace Bay and hands down PG has the best spot on the beach which shields it from the left and right to any other resort chairs/screaming kids. The first few days the weather was a but choppy, think mid 70s so the ocean was not the calm pool TCI usually is..but we still loved it!

- Service: This was the only part of the stay that was a bit iffy- not bad service by any means, but for being a 4 star resort and awarded all kinds of accolades, they just didn't have their 'act together'. This was even more apparent after we spent a few days at Regent Palms which has it down! Example- most nice resorts the beach attendant sets up your chairs and towels- not here; you do have to call a few times to get something simple- blankets, soaps...I actually had to explain to Beverly the GM why i needed more blankets than what was already sent- something like that should not even be a question, just a straight yes, i got it. Overall, it feels very home-y run spot, but that's hard to fly in a resort this caliber; but it wasn't that bad that i would not reconsider it for a return visit and it should not stop you either.

Activities: The usual water sports, although certainly not as organized and accessible equipment as Regent Palms..we also did Island Vibez half day snorkeling excursion..it was OK, i thought Dreams Caicos which we had done some years ago was slight better. Dining- ahh!!! Love the food in TCI- we did the deck at Seven Stars- food is OK, but really cool atmosphere with a band and firepits, Infinity bar for a drink is a must, Coco Bistro is a must, Bugaloo's was way better than Conch Shack..and finally Garam Masala in the Regent Village (a 7 minute walk on the beach) was amazing!!!

All in, Point Grace was certainly very private and relaxing; could work for both a family vacay or romantic getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Recently travelled to Point Grace, with my wife and baby daughter for 5 nights.

We were looking for a great beach, spacious room and quiet setting - and this Hotel certainly delivers.

The beach is perfect for us. Quiet, clean and ample cabanas and chairs to choose from. My wife is more a pool person, and this setting was absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous grounds with palm trees, shade, flowers and peace.

We had an oceanview 2 bedroom, which was great. It was well outfitted. Both bedroom were a good size, kitchen was well equipped (d/w, cutlery, dishes, glasses), laundry, lots of ceiling fans, wifi, flat screen tvs....and overall, lots of space to dump all of your beach and baby gear.

The views from the room are fantastic too. Beautiful turquoise water the minute you walk in the door, and the same from your pillow when you wake in the morning. Also, the room had a great size balcony for evening cocktails or reading a book before bed.

I try to focus on the facilities, because the service does seem to divert your attention to the negative. I ranked our stay as 'very good', but would have chosen 'good' if available.

I know a lot of people pay different rates for this hotel, which ofter sways opinions, so to be fully transparent we paid close to $600 / night. I consider this a fair rate for the facilities and location offered.

This is what I would class as a high end hotel, and we put a high emphasis on service.

Simply put, the resort fails here. Everyone from the manager, to the bartender, to the waitress just seem disengaged and barely willing satisfy your needs, let alone create a memorable experience. For this price, I would expect more.

Rather than get into every circumstance, lets just say that our most positive experiences were from the janitorial / maid staff. Our most pleasurable interactions were from traditional non guest facing roles. Our one housekeeper, Paulette, was simply outstanding and such a sweet lady......but the rest of the staff was simply not responsive, courteous or interested.

Pros:
Pool
Spa
Setting
Rooms
Location

Con:

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Point Grace? Share your experiences!