“BEST vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
dallas
“BEST vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at La Vista Azul in #302. We LOVED it. La Vista Azul was more than we expected for what I paid. Very clean, quiet and in an excellent location. Our unit had a HUGE furnished patio overlooking the ocean (at a distance, but clearly visable). If you do stay here, rent a car. It is totally worth it. We went from one end of the island to the other several times. We didn't miss a thing! Driving on the left side of the road is not difficult. If I can do it, anyone can do it!!

I am a single mom that traveled alone with my 15 year old son. Safety is never a guarantee anywhere, but I felt totally comfortable staying at the La Vista Azul alone with my son.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nicolanicolaLVR, Director of Sales at La Vista Azul Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The condo we rented was awesome! We were close to everything, however, I would recommend getting a car. Scooter Bob's is down at the bottom of the hill and very reasonable... The beach across the road offers excellent snorkeling and swimming. Tikki Hut is a nice place to grab a bite to eat and relax...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with this resort. It's not directly on Grace Bay Beach however it was an amazing deal and only a 7-10 minute walk (across a quiet road and through a neighborhood of empty beach rental homes) to a very quiet end of a beautiful beach. When we had arrived last September, it was 10 days after a major hurricane, so the island was very quiet and empty. We had called the resort to see if there was any damage or if we had to change our travel arrangements and they were kind enough to post pictures on tripadvisor showing that the resort was in perfect condition other than some palm trees that had been damaged from the winds. They also had a webcam so that you could see images around the island, which was nice. When we got there, the resort was quiet. We hardly saw anybody but apparently there were a decent amount of people staying, because we saw rental cars coming and going. There were a lot of stairs in the front of the resort, but this doesn't bother me - most people need to walk more any way!! The hallway to our room was a little dark, but our room was very nice. These are all condos, so we had a full kitchen, bathroom, living room and bed. We wanted to cook a lot of our meals so it was nice to have. The resort has a grocery store on site (small, but has everything you need from sandwich meat, cereal, milk, snacks, small dinner fixins', etc). The walk to the beach was not a big deal. We carried a beach bag, umbrella and chairs. When we got to the beach there was nobody there! Granted this was not "Grace Bay Beach" but a little further down, but it was just as gorgeous and QUIET! We saw two people the entire week on that end of the beach. It was wonderful. The sand was soft and powdery white. The water was turquoise and clear. The trade winds were nice too. The weather was perfect all week (after the storm). The front desk was very helpful in getting us a rental car. We were also able to make a phone call to the United States with ease. We used their internet as well on two occasions and it was fast and easy. There is a great little restaurant on the harbor about 2 blocks away (short walk) that was amazing! We had fish on three separate nights, because it was THAT good. We also drove into town and had dinner at an amazing sushi restaurant, and a restaurant at one of the other resorts on Grace Bay Beach - all were superb. I would not recommend getting a rental car for more than one day because there is not much on the island. We went to one of the bigger grocery stores on the island (high quality food) and drove into town once, otherwise we walked to the beach every day. We were very pleased with our stay at La Vista Azul. It provided us with excellent service, very nice accomodations (modern, clean room with a washer and dryer!), and a short walk to an amazing beach (away from the "crowds" of Grace Bay Beach). My only negative was that we got a room on the bottom floor because it was such a good deal, but that meant that we sacrificed any view. Our "garden view" was of the front parking lot - so I was a little annoyed by that. If you go to the top floors, it is a stunning view (which you can see from the swimming pool). It ended up not mattering that much because we spent the day at the beach, and by the time we got back to our room it was dark and we were ready for bed, so the view didn't matter. I would definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Get a top floor!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to park for a day or so. Great apartment, comfortable bed, clean and I would recommend for a relaxing stay. It is a Condominium and my room was a bedroom, breakfast nook and large living room and kitchen. I would not call this a resort. You are near the marina (4 blocks) and not on the beach. My unit was on the 4th level and I needed help getting the luggage up to the unit. They have a small bar that was open late and an ice cream stand open in the evening. Restaurants were 3 or 4 blocks away.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The service was second to none, the views at the terrace level are spectacular. The room and the fact that you can open the sliding door and walk 4 steps down to the pool is a pleasurable experience. this complex is a 10 minute drive from the airport, there are plenty of restaurants near by and from the complex it is a 10 minute car or cab ride to beautiful grace bay beach rated the number one beach in the world 2 years in a row. to rent a car is not necessary as you can cab it to any place on the island, but would be nice to rent for two days if one is keen on exploring other parts of this paradise.

Room Tip: Pick the Pool Terrace Level
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were put up in the La Vista Azul following our flight cancellation.

It is a condo property with nice spacious accommodations but what really made it stand out was the excellent service we received from the staff. There isn't a restaurant on site but they made arrangements for us with local restaurants that would accept our meal vouchers provided by the airline. They also allowed me access to a telephone and laptop to try and sort out new flights home. I spent over 2 hours in their reception area and was never made to feel a nuisance. On top of this they allowed us a late check out at no charge.

My husband and daughter made use of one of the swimming pools and the views from the pool areas are spectacular.

I lost the people we were stranded with when we got to Miami and were connecting to different flights. If any of you are reading this I hope you all got home safely sorry we didn;t say goodbye. Please message me and let me know how you get on. Debbie :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just got back from a quick trip to one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean. The last time I was in Turks and Caicos we stayed at Beaches and while that was a phenomenal trip this time around, I was looking for something a little quieter. I found this hotel on a whim and was very happy with my choice. Being that it was such a last minute trip, I had only booked 2 days out of the four that I was going to stay but after checking in I quickly decided to extend my stay at La Vista until I left.

Overall it is a well appointed property with pools and hot tubs scattered around the upper parts of the hotel. There are no elevators so if you do not like walking up them or have trouble with steps you may want to consider somewhere else. The location is right off of the beach and is about a 5 minute walk to it. On the plus side, I never had to cab it to anywhere other than the airport as some of T&C's best restaurant's are all within a 5 - 10 minute walk.

This hotel is immaculate and the rooms are cleaned twice per day. On my way out of LA I had a bottle of rum explode in my suitcase and had do some last minute laundry in Miami before heading to Turks. Upon arrival I found that the room had it's own washer and dryer. Since many of my clothes were still damp I used the dryer and upon returning to my room later in the evening I found my clothes dry and folded on the bed.

The people working at the hotel are very nice and you get a cell phone upon check in because they do not have phones in the room. You only get a couple dollars worth of free calls on the island but can call the front desk at anytime regardless of how much $ is on the phone.

I had a studio oceanview and couldn't have been any happier with the service or amenities. If you're looking for a quite place to relax, this is a perfect hotel. The island is amazing as are the people who live there. Go and check out this island and hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor ocean view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Vista Azul Resort? Share your experiences!