We traveled with a group of 11 friends, 2/3 of which are divers. We reserved one 2-bedroom and one 3-bedroom oceanfront suite and overall both were spacious, well-stocked, beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. However, if (when!) we go back, we will not stay in a 3 room unit with friends again because it is more suited to a family with small children. The master suite was amazing, but the other bedrooms were very small. One had the HVAC unit in a closet (started up very loudly several times per night) and only two small end tables with drawers for our clothing. The other was set up like a sitting room with a sleeper sofa rather than a standard bedroom. Not good when everyone is paying an equal share and one room is far superior to the others. The 2 bedroom unit was perfect for adults or a family traveling together.
Overall The Sands was amazing - excellent staff and service, on-site spa ranked one of the best on the island, beach-side concierge w/free use of beach and snorkeling equipment, including hobie cats. The divers booked through Caicos Adventures, which came highly recommended and was one of the best dive outfitters we'd ever used. The hotel assisted with tons of other excursions including horseback riding, 4-wheeling and a night at one of the local casinos. There were several pool areas - all well-maintained. Tues night there was a cocktail reception with free drinks and food - all excellent! The rum punch is addicting! The resort is not in a heavily populated area, so we walked quite a bit to find restaurants other than the one on-site - Hemingway's, which was terrific, but you can only eat at the same place so many times before you tire of it. Mango Reef was a 1.5 to 2 mile walk (cabs were fairly expensive for groups our size), but was also excellent. There was a shopping center roughly 1/4 mile away with a great casual/family restaurant (SaltMill Cafe was the name, I think - fastest service we found) and several small shops, which we visited quite a bit. There's also a grocery store about 1/2 mile away and The Sands will take you there by shuttle twice per day.
The only (very mildly) disappointing element was the lack of evening activities. The casino outing was very disappointing (it was small and completely empty except for our group) and other than local bands playing a few nights on the patio at Hemingway's, there was simply not much to do. Good thing we were very tired from so much day-time adventure! I would highly recommend The Sands to families and couples alike and will def be going back some day - particularly when it was definitely the most affordable luxury resort on the whole island - and possibly that we've ever experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales