We just got back from 8 days/7 nites at the Sands resort. Two couples went in mid Jan. 05 and we had a wonderful time. The Sands is really nice bec. it is not too crowded. There's only approx. 110 units and the lots on either side of the resort are empty - so that means you have extra beachfront to yourselves! The grounds and pool area are very manicured and beautiful!! The rooms are very nice too - even though we didn't get a screened in porch like we thought we were, it was fine.
Hemingways was a perfect restaurant. Not too fancy, just right. You could have a tasty burger or an elaborate meal - it's up to you. There's also really good restaurants w/in walking distance...Bay Bistro, Bella Luna, 21 North to name a few. I have to say, the food on the island was fabulous!! No restaurant seemed to disappoint! Coming from NY that says alot - we have high expectations and having traveled extensively w/in the states...the food outside of NY is usually suspect. But in Provo - we couldn't find a bad meal!! It was great!!
Why is this the Island of Yes? Bec. no matter what your question or request...the answer was always yes. Can I have a glass of water? Yes. Did I get it?? NO! Can I have some ketchup please? Yes. Never saw it! Is there food served on this day trip to Iguana Island? Yes.
Nope, just some rum punch! Can we have a wake up call at 7:30am? Aboslutely! We never got one...ever!! haha! Does this Gecko bus go to the Conch farm? Yup. No it didn't!!!! After a few days, we stopped getting mad - and just laughed it off! You're on the Island of Yes - just relax and enjoy....no worries, no problems man!! haha!
And NOBODY knows anything about the island there either!! We heard that the population was anywhere from 6,000 people - 20,000!! I read/heard that Grace bay beach went from a low of 3 miles long - to 7 miles long in one place, to a whopping 12 miles long somewhere else!!
Nobody knows....! haha! We asked one cab driver, how long has the Sands been around - he said 12 years. We asked the waitress at Hemingways the next day, the same question - she said 5 years!! Nobody knows!!! It's awesome!!!
The pools at the Sands were ICE COLD!! Not a single person could get in there. And the hot tub was so hot - it could melt your flesh - so forget that! The ocean water, beach, sand was beautiful - when the wind was kicking up to 30 mph!!!
There is NO nightlife there, but Bambooz, Caicos Jack (fri nite) and Danny Buoy's all were low key fun. The complimentary rum swizzle party at the Sands was very nice - and the conch fritters appetizer was delish!!
Oh and be warned: The Sands charges 10%/day to your bill for a tip for the maid - you see that surprise when you check out...but whatcha gonna do - you're on the Island of Yes - so kick back, relax and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales