We stayed 10 nights over Xmas and loved the resort. It's a very well maintained property and the 3 bdr unit we had in bldg 3 was roomy and clean and the outdoor enclosed patio was perfect. The bugs can be brutal on a non windy or rainy/wet day. The service at hemingway's was almost laughable. With the exception of Carolyn or a couple of the bartenders the overall staff was indifferent, uncaring, unexcited about their jobs and had zero lack of customer service. Food was actually decent thought when you did end up getting it after a hr wait. Go for the fish tacos at lunch they are really tasty. But overall I just felt like for the huge $$ you spend on the food the service was completely a joke. This was the quote of the week that I'll always equate to Hemingway's and sometimes even some of the hotel staff(Not all though) some diamonds in the rough there I promise...but we were in a hurry to get to the airport so I asked the waitress as she took our drink orders if we could also order our lunch because we were in a hurry and I swear this was her response, "NO NOT YET" and then walked off to get our drinks. We couldn't stop laughing it really epitomized our experience at the restaurant and even the majority of restaurants we visited on the island. Be prepared to pay top dollar for any of the restaurants in town and get really spotty service, with the exception of Coco Bistro...and the sushi joint Yoshuria sp? But the hotel is situated on a great spot on Grace Bay and the beach staff were awesome. Just be prepared to be on "island time" to the nth degree with the rest of the staff in the hotel and hemmigway's. Be prepared for a chaotic airport experience too. That place was a nightmare. The infrastructure of the island has a lot of room for improvement. Don't expect an aloha experience on the island though. Caicos Dream tours was the best snorkelling cruise outfit too. Awesome friendly and outgoing staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, West Indies, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales