“Shhhhh Keep it a Secret!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #23 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Farmingville, New York
“Shhhhh Keep it a Secret!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This being my third October in a row visiting Provo,& still Loving it!!
The staff at The Sands is so attentive & well trained. The grounds are constantly being manicured,the restaurant Hemingway's is excellent. All the drinks are made perfectly!! The rooms are decorated superbly,& updated. I know it's hurricane season,but I've been lucky enough to have had great weather all three times I've visited. I can go on for pages about this place,but I'm trying to keep it my little secret. :-)

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

1,030 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Love, love The Sands at Grace Bay! We have stayed at this property twice now and it is a true gem. We had a two bedroom suite this time with wonderful view of the ocean. Huge great big patios which is lovely to sit on for a break from the sand!
Easy parking near unit and not to far at all to get to the wonderful turquoise ocean of Grace Bay!
They surprised me with a birthday cake and a bottle of bubbly...how nice was that!
If there was one thing I would mention a little more thought could be into the 2nd room, it really needed a heavier curtain than the blinds especially as it was facing out on the landing, this would help with noise and people coming back late at night.
Everyone at reception to the bellman was smiling and made us feel very welcome.
Always someone to help with chairs and umbrellas on the beach and of course beach service is a big plus for those Piña Colada moments.
Purrfect!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager003_13, Guest Relations Manager at Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear TexasTravelingkitty,

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor and returning back to The Sands at Grace Bay for the second time! We appreciate your business and were delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable. We appreciate your kind words about our smiling staff. They work hard to provide great customer service.

You are so right when you say “the turquoise ocean is a wonderful” view as well as easy access parking. We are so glad to have made your birthday a special surprise for you. Also, we will certainly look into your suggestion you mentioned about the second bedroom.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions, We look forward to welcoming you back to Providenciales on your 3rd trip!

Warmest Regards,

Adrian Archer
Duty Manager
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have always dreamed of visiting Turks and Caicos and was finally able to get the chance because of the great deals Sands was offering around the end of September. Came here with my family and stayed in a nice 2 bedroom condo, one closer to the front office. When we first arrived they offered us to stay at one of the units closer to the beach but the look out was on the parking lot and it was nice to be in a unit more far back because it was quieter.

The property was vast and very clean. There are a lot of geckos, slugs, crabs, and cats running around so if you are not really into the "wild" type of place, I wouldn't recommend staying here. I really enjoyed my cat friends I made who would sit outside of our condo waiting for a morning treat. The condo itself was very clean and spacious. I never felt like it was unclean and the beds had a lot of pillows which is a big plus for me. The kitchen had all the utensils we needed and we often cooked our meals in there. I really liked the little patio set up and eating dinner in there, protected from the mosquitos, was great.

The beach was amazing, the pictures can't do it justice. The water was super clear and calm and it was nice to use the free tubes provided at the beach to just float around, along with the free snorkeling gear we could rent. The pool was nice and there were two of them. The one near the beach was a bit cleaner and more relaxing while the river like pool was fun for kids and a lot more shallow.

The restaurant at the resort was nice and the food was great. The drinks at the bar there were awesome and very strong! Bartenders were very friendly and helpful!

Next time I am back, I would definitely like to stop back here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager003_13, Manager at Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear AvidTravler123,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our accommodations and resort facilities. We were delighted to know that you found our two-bedroom suites to be of good value and that we made your dreams of visiting the Turks and Caicos a reality.

It was nice to learn that you found your room clean, spacious and well appointed.
Yes, many guests find the screened-in patios relaxing and a nice environment to enjoy dinner in. Indeed, our property is rather large and we like to keep it clean. Since we are in the tropics you will typically sight small geckos, Caribbean lizards, dragon flies, butterflies and other innocuous insects quite commonplace in lush surroundings. Children get such a kick out of finding Caribbean lizards and counting them.

You are right when you say “Grace Bay Beach is truly amazing with its clear, turquoise waters” and we are thrilled to know that you took advantage of our complimentary water sports equipment and pools. And, Hemingway’s has some wonderful offerings with friendly staff.

Again thank you for your feedback we appreciate the time you took to let us know how your stay was.

We look forward to seeing you return soon.

Warmest regards,

Leonard Higgs
Night Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the Sands at Grace Bay in late Sept/early Oct. and were impressed with the value for money. Some of the other hotels on the island may have looked more impressive from the water or had an arbitrarily higher price tag but we could not have asked for more from the Sands! Of special note were the easily accessible water sports activities (snorkeling, hobie cats, kayaks) and the huge rooms. I loved having a screened in porch with an ocean view! Like the other reviewers, I would rate Heimngway's as nothing more than average but it suffices for a quick chicken sandwich for lunch- I would recommend planning on going elsewhere for dinner. There are many places within easy walking distance (I recommend Mango Reef). The grounds were impeccably kept, the front desk was helpful and we really enjoyed using the bicycles to venture around town and to the grocery store.

There were a few aspects of the hotel that could use some sprucing up but I can not complain about the overall quality and value of the Sands. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to go to the Turks! A very reasonable price for a hotel that offered much more than I expected.

Room Tip: screened-in porches are such a nice add-on...definitely recommend ocean view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I visited with my sister and her two kids . On arrival we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite which had lovely ocean views from the screened in balcony and master bedroom. Very well appointed kitchen and bathroom. Very clean resort and suite . Breakfast at the Hemingway was delicious and reasonably priced. A very good family focused resort.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager003_13, Guest Relations Manager at Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Jacaranda_blossom,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at The Sands at Grace Bay.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed the lovely view of the turquoise ocean from your balcony and that you found the accommodations and resort clean and well appointed.

Indeed Hemingway’s has delicious menu items and reasonably priced. We were also happy to know how much you enjoyed your dining experiences.

Again, thank you for your comments, we appreciate the time you took to let us know how your stay went. We look forward to seeing you return soon.

Warmest Regards,

Adrian Archer
Duty Manager
state college
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had been drooling over pictures of Sands via the internet and their fb page for months prior to our trip and it did not disappoint. I'll try to focus on the Sands here and write a trip report in a TA forum asap. I'll try to include a few tips (I hope), since I really appreciated everyone's here on TA -- let me thank everyone now for all their tips, feedback.

We arrived early and our room was ready. I read some negative reviews about the front desk service but my husband and I found EVERYONE to be so nice, funny and friendly!! We were greeted with our first rum punch of the trip and it was delish. We were taken to our room (studio courtyard) and I thought we must have been upgraded because the room had a separate bedroom; however, I asked about our specific room when we left so I could request in WHEN we return to the Sands and they said it was their studio. Wow! We were in building 3 (great/close to water and Hemmingway's) on second floor (3202 to be exact). We walked into a cute living room with nice-sized mini fridge and microwave, which was all we needed. The bathroom looked updated and we had a nice bedroom with plenty of closet space throughout. Some complained about the bed but honestly, the bed and pillows were so comfy I wished I could have packed them up to take home....best sleep I've had in years!! Oh, forgot to mention their was a very nice note with a bottle of wine for our anniversary -- thank you, that was nice nice of you Sands!

After we got settled (tore open the suitcases to dig for bathing suits) we headed to the beach for our first look at Grace Bay -- no words really. The water is just like in all the pictures it is true...the Sands has the best area/setup.

The grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed going to all little areas of the pool.

We ate at Hemmingway's a few times and enjoyed both staff and meals each time. For lunch one day I had the cold pasta and asked if they could add chicken to it -- no problem and it was so good. Next time I'll order that for takeout so I can have it for dinner some evening. Our last night we ate right by the railing and had a very romantic dinner -- the perfect end to a perfect visit. There was a couple actually dining on the beach complete with tiki torches -- does it get any better, really?!

We walked up and down the beach and for us, the Sands was the right fit. I'm sure there are many nice places but the Sands has the relaxed island feel we love. I made my husband go to Grace Bay Club one/only cloudy day to check out the Infiniti Bar (not what I expected) and even if I could afford to stay there, it was just too "modern" for us. The Sands has the island feel with the open lobby, wicker...LOVED IT!!!

We took advantage of the complimentary bikes and all the beach "toys". I wish I could include more names to thank but a big shoutout goes to Eddy. We wanted to try the Hobie Cat before we left but were afraid to go it alone. He took us out for a ride but there was no wind and he pushed us all the way back, and would not let us help. To the couple that took a picture and tried to get our email address to send it to us...lol, too funny. Thanks Eddy.

We also tired the paddle boards and Kayaks -- again, very nice that Sands offers free use.

Tips: -- Took everyone's suggestion and headed to Graceway Gourmet for supplies. Walked first time and rode bikes our next visit. We were able to get lunch meat, etc. to last a week for around $70. Our next visit we'll try to buy more dinner items and eat a few more meals in room to save $. It was so nice to head up to our room for lunch and then back to beach/pool. We also packed lunch for Taylor Bay by using the ice bucket to keep our sandwiches cool.

-- Please go visit Potcake Place. What a wonderful organization. When we come back I hope to be a courier for one of these loving pups.

-- We were there 6 full days (7 nights Sept. 23-30) and rented a car for 3 days from Grace Bay rental. They were wonderful (had rented for 2 days and we were having so much fun exploring we stopped by their office on our last day and added another day..no problem). Driving on the "wrong" side was easier than my husband thought as long as I yelled "look to right, stay to left" on every turn.

-- Anyway, the car allowed us to go to Taylor Bay, Chalk Sound...etc. Please try to hit these areas as well. I have NEVER seen water the color of Chalk Sound and that includes in Hawaii, Australia, Curacao....etc. Stop at Las Brisas for lunch.

I'm sure I'm leaving out so much so please feel free to contact me for questions. I'm sure every month is nice but we really did enjoy the quiet of September. We loved having beaches like Long Bay Beach to ourselves and going out to eat was not a problem as far as worrying about reservations -- although I would suggest one for Coco Bistro. And..the water was like bath water...another WOW!!

From check-in to check-out, the Sands was fast, friendly and very helpful. Literally the first day back I was checking flights and planning our return trip.

Have a wonderful time in paradise and a big thanks to The Sands for making our first trip to Provo the best vacation to date!!!!

Room Tip: We loved 3202...bright, roomy...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager003_13, General Manager at Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear woohoostatecollege,

Thank you for such lovely review and for your kind comments about our resort, facilities, staff and of beautiful Providenciales. We will pass on your comments to the entire team and especially to Eddy. He is a gem. It surely sounds like you have not only enjoyed yourselves at The Sands, but also went out to explore the many other secluded beaches on the Island. How wonderful that you were able to do that. There are some many interesting and lovely parts of Provo. We hope next time, you may have the opportunity to also see North and Middle Caicos or if you are very adventurous Grand Turk can be a day trip and only 22 minutes by plane.

We were delighted to know how much you enjoyed the cuisine and services of Hemingway’s…it is also known as a favorite spot for locals for good reason. We are in a great location central to great dining, entertainment, shops and galleries…but more importantly as you rightly point out, our expansive beach front is quite spectacular.

You mentioned Potcake Place, yes it is a wonderful organization. Tourist who come to the island can opt to take a puppy to the beach for a day which many do, and Potcake Place supplies everything you will need to do that. We encourage those who are interested to contact Potcake Place at www.potcakeplace.com where you can also find out how you can help as well.

In closing, we certainly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your thorough review. We all look forward to seeing you return in the near future.

Mona Beeson
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We came to the Turks for a dive trip with a small group of friends. The Sands was a very nice resort with a great 2 bedroom condo that was clean, quiet and had a wonderful view of the pool and ocean. We found the prices of food and booze in the grocery and restaurants to be at least double of what we pay in the U.S. so we purchased some food and drink and ate our breakfasts and lunches in our condo. We went out to dinner each night and it was moderate to expensive. We did have 2 tiny rental cars. (The compact cars are different in the U.S. too! ) We loved the pool, beach and the ocean is gorgeous, blue and clear!! We also enjoyed the Hobie cat, kayaks, paddle boards and the fitness center. The divers thought the dives were the best and they saw sharks almost everyday! Negatives were the bugs, not sure if fleas, no see ums or mosquitos but some of us got eaten up! Take insect repellant and wear at night when you go out to dinner. We were extremely depressed by all the stray dogs that run in packs with no food, water, shelter or love. We saw two dead dogs along the roadsides. This country needs help with the dog and cat population. They have organizations called Potcakes and ASPCA but they obviously can not handle all the strays! Please donate if you can. Despite these negatives we loved it and would go back,

Room Tip: ask for a room with view of pool and ocean
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pmain,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed your room, the resort, facilities and the “gorgeous” beach and pools. And, as you mention, yes the diving is truly spectacular in TCI. At times you will find Diving Specials with our Tour Operator Ocean Vibes by visiting their website at http://www.oceanvibes.com.

Regarding your comments about the dogs and cat population, we shared them with the Animal Welfare Committee and Department of Agriculture. On behalf of the Animal Welfare Committee, on October 27th they are expecting 16 members from "Pets Without Vets" to arrive for a one week spay/neuter program. They volunteer these initiatives worldwide and participate in a spay/neuter program along with ongoing educational side for responsible pet ownership.

As far as stray and feral dogs are concerned, AWC operates 5 nights a week in varied areas on island. This will continue until such time as the majority of the stray animals are under control. Unfortunately the process is long one but, the Department of Agriculture along with the Animal Welfare Committee is hard at work every day and dedicated towards rectifying the feral dog problem as a priority for our entire country.

Again, thank you for your comments, it provides us an opportunity for continuously improvement. We look forward to seeing you return to the Sands in the future.

Mona Beeson

Been to Sands at Grace Bay? Share your experiences!