The Sands at Grace Bay is a very comfortable, beautiful, family friendly and couple friendly resort. We spent our honeymoon for 11 days at the resort and found it quite relaxing and serene. The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were phenomenal. The rooms are comfortable, except that intermittently, the television only has a few of the listed tv channels. We booked an ocean view room which had a nice view of the gardens and the ocean. Not exactly the view that I was anticipating, thinking that there would be an even clearer view of the ocean, but ok all the same.
We did have issues with calling on housekeeping to replace a toaster for us which took almost three hours, with multiple calls by both us and the housekeeper cleaning the room to find someone to bring us a new toaster. Kind of inconvenient since we were trying to make breakfast. Response time could definitely be better. Also, although the staff is friendly once you begin speaking with them, they do seem quite closed off and answer in very brief responses. The concierge was very quiet, did not offer much information when asked and seemed annoyed to phone restaurants or services for us. Finally, the ice was broken after a few quick comments by my husband, and the staff seemed more open. I guess they just take some getting to know...although, that is not really our job since we are the guest.
The only other issue: the spa and the gym are throw aways. Both are located in the basement of the building, certainly not an area that inspires you to want to work out to relax. My husband and I both love working out, yes, even on vacation, but were not inspired to use the gym at all. Regarding the spa, after we saw where it was located, we made plans to spa down the street at the regent palm resort.
Other than that, we would stay at the sands again and tavelers can be assured that their overall experience at this resort is worth their while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Jetsetter, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales