My husband and I just returned from The Sands – stayed September 29 – October 5. Could not be happier.
Immigration was a breeze both coming and going…I am sure this is because of the time of year but it was a nice change from experiences we have had at other locations. We landed at 12:30 and arrived at the hotel at 1 pm. Our room, understandably, wasn’t ready as check-in is at 3 pm. No problem, there is a beautiful hospitality building which has restrooms and changing rooms (and showers) so we changed into bathing suits and enjoyed the beach and bar until 3 pm.
We had booked a studio garden view suite but were pleasantly surprised with a one bedroom upgrade. Very, very generous of the hotel. The room was beautiful. The furniture was not old or run down in the least as the previous reviewer mentions. It was not elaborate but very nice and comfortable. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and we had a great night sleep every night. The kitchens have everything you need….coffeemaker (with coffee the hotel provides if you prefer), toaster, blender, silverware, cookware and plates and glasses. We had breakfast on our patio or at the beach. Loved having coffee on the beach in the morning! Lunch was at Hemingways or on the patio again. And dinner was out each evening. The staff was attentive, friendly and welcoming. Always helpful when we had a question or needed information. There were renovations going on so it could be a bit noisy on our patio but you couldn’t hear anything at the pool, on the beach, at Hemingways or inside the room. They work on one building at a time so you are not staying in a building with work being done. A small price to pay for remodeled bathrooms!! The pictures they have in the lobby look like they will be beautiful.
For dinner we ate at Bay Bistro, Mango Reef (twice), Hemingways, The Deck and a place on Grace Bay Road, can’t recall the name (wasn’t very memorable). All were good….most, very good. Bay Bistro was probably the best but Mango Reef was a very, very close second. Maybe it was the wine!! I was surprised that Bay Bistro had Wente wine at an excellent price. We had planned to go back before we left but that didn’t happen. The Deck was also very good and we loved the location but the service left a little to be desired. The service wasn’t bad; we just felt we were bothering the person taking care of our table. A big pet peeve of mine, but it was the only time we had anything less than excellent service all week so I can’t complain.
The beach was everything we hoped for….incredibly blue water with flour soft sand. Peaceful and relaxing. We loved The Sands, a fantastic value for the area and would return in a heartbeat!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales