“Numerous amenities. Great location to get married.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Boston, Massachusetts
“Numerous amenities. Great location to get married.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We chose the Sands for our destination wedding for several reasons. The Sands can accommodate guests at all price points. Some guest spent $200 per night, others $500 a night. This is a full service hotel with plently of friendly staff. There are plently of activities for everyone. Hemingways, the onsite full service restaurant, is outstanding. There is plenty of sand between the edge of the property and the water. This stretch of beach is the best in Provo. There was plenty of room to set up seating for 40 for our wedding ceremony and 3 tents, a dance floor and a band for our reception. This was the best choice for our wedding. We had a one bedroom ocean front suite, which was great. The bed was a little small and the master bathroom was small (not a lot of counterspace), but very good overall. The garden view studio suite one of our guests had was fantastic. The Sands is a great value but still very competitive to the newer luxury hotels going up around Provo.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My family really enjoyed a full week at the Sands. It's a nice low rise resort with beautiful grounds, a nice pool and right on the beach. We liked it much better than some of the mega high rise resorts that we saw on other parts of the island.

• Stayed July 2011
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sands for our honeymoon for one week at the end of September into October. Our experience at the Sands was mostly positive and I felt that that staying there was a good value although they can improve on some things.

The room: We stayed in a one-bedroom Oceanfront Deluxe suite, room 3307. Our room was huge and had one full bathroom and one half bathroom with a washer/dryer in it. We also had a full kitchen, living room and wrap-around balcony overlooking the ocean. Both of the TVs in the rooms were flat screens and it seems as if they made an attempt to update the rooms. However, the room was not as clean as I would have liked it to be. When we checked in we were so tired and I went to lay down and when I turned down the covers there were two hairs in the bed, so I called housekeeping to change the sheets when we left the room. The bathroom also had random hairs in it and it seems as if they do a very basic surface cleaning instead of a deep cleaning. The jets in the hot tub had black mildew in them which was removed quickly by scratching it with my nail, so obviously if they just put a little effort into cleaning the tub there wouldn’t be any mold/mildew. I also noticed the maid did not wipe down the kitchen island after we ate at it. I am meticulous with cleaning in my own home so maybe I noticed these things more than others would. There was some very sloppy construction done to update the room which left a lot of paint and glue dripping and some of the fixtures in the bathrooms were beginning to rust out. It seemed so out of place and I couldn’t help but wonder how this would go unnoticed or not corrected. Fixing these minor problems would really upgrade the hotel in my opinion. Also, there was only one dresser to put clothes in, with three drawers and it was part of a TV armoire. Luckily my husband had no interest in unpacking , otherwise he would have nowhere to put his clothes. There were two closets to hang clothes in though so that wasn’t an issue. These issues with the room didn’t really affect my trip and it was worth it to me to wake up to a view of the ocean every morning.

The resort: The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained. There are a few pools, one was down the stairs from our room and the other was right by e beach and both were usually empty so it was like having your own private pool. The beach was beautiful too, and on the most crowded day there were about twenty people on it, so again, it felt very private. I could not get enough of the beach! Hemmingways restaurant was great and we had many meals here considering a lot of restaurants are closed during this time. It was also nice to stop at the bar after dinner at another restaurant and have a drink before going back to the room. There are bikes you can take out for free and we rode around the island twice, although I recommend staying on the sidewalk as much as you can. The staff was friendly to us and we always had a smile on our faces when approaching them.We had a couples massage which was great-just ignore the sounds of the ice machine!

The island: For us, the island left a lot to be desired in terms of things to do. Since we were on our honeymoon and everything leading up to the trip had been hectic, we enjoyed being on the beach every day with nothing else to do, but for another trip I’d like to be in a place where there is more to see. The island seemed practically desolate, and most of the stores were closed because it was the off-season. We rented a car for one day because it was rainy, and we were the only people on the road for about 80% of the time, which felt weird when you are in an unfamiliar place! We never had a bad meal at any of the restaurants we ate at-Coco Bistro, Bay Bistro, Sharkbite, Salt Mills café (so cool in there and the food was good) and some Italian restaurant that I can’t remember and can’t find the name of! We would have liked to try more places but many were closed for September, so we’d end up at Hemmingways. We went to the casino, they provide a free shuttle to and from, and we had fun there. The best part of the trip was the snorkeling tour we took with Cacios Dream Tours. We dove for conch and the view under the water are amazing. During the tour, our boat stopped at Iguana island where we walked around and ate the conch salad that the tour guides made.

All in all, I would return to The Sands, but would only do Turks & Caicos as a long weekend or 5 day trip if I was to go during the off-season again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

this place was wonderful- we were upgraded to a 1bedroom ocean view upon arival we also received rum punch and 2 turks heads beers! the room was a perfect 10 very large and roomy quiet and private- all the staff we spoke to was very kind and funny at times- and very helpful arranging taxis and execursions for us, the resturant was also a 10 the pool and the ocean was amazing = what i liked is there was not another hotel on either side which made the area more private ..i have not one bad thing to say about the island or the hotel or stay- my only complaint was with the Airport its small over crowed and very difficult to hear the anouncements so be aware u may miss ur flight home like we did - however the airline accomidated us with a free hotel for the nite.. the island on the whole isnt cheap - but u can find some affordable low key places trust your instincts we did and found a few places that where very good !!! i would return in a second to the sands and the island it i could!!!!

Loves Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I booked a week at The Sands for our anniversary. The hotel was beautiful and we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite when we arrived. The beach was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The only problem occured when my cell phone was stolen out of our room. I understand that this can happen at any resort but I notified the front desk and they told me the manager would be in contact with me concerning the situation. Two days passed and I never heard from the manager. I went back a second time the day before we were to leave and again was told the manager would contact me. I never heard anything from the manager of the resort or anyone else. This was disappointing as I felt that the resort did not care about the problem. I will definately go back to TCI however I am sure we will choose to stay at another resort.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sands_Managment, Manager at Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
The Sands at Grace Bay take the security of the guest and their belongings very seriously. We are very fortunate to be on a very safe island with very little cirme, but that does not mean we let our gaurd down. We provide a digital safe in every room and have the lastest digital video monitoring system throughout our property. You might not see it but it is there.

I reviewed the front desk log which did indicate a report that a phone was missing from a particular room. I apologize if this was not followed up by a manager but I would be more that happy to assist in getting you a police report if needed.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

The Sands has the best stretch of Beach on Provo, hands down. We walked the entire beach and found most of the resorts had very short and crowded beaches. The Sands' beach is wide, quiet and absolutely stunning. Friendly staff, good, straightforward food and lovely pool were some of the other highlights. Rooms are big, clean and welcoming. It's not a luxury property, but you have everything you need. The on site tour company is also very good, as are the free beach rentals. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites are fantastic. Great kitchen.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed at the Sands at Grace Bay TCI from 6-14-11 thru 6-22-11. Great room (#5205) which was a full suite, full kitchen and standard sized refrigerator. The unit must have been updated as it was clean and modern and fresh. It had had a bedroom with king bed, full bath, full kitchen and sitting area. The linens in the master bedroom were stylish and not worn. Garden view of the great grounds. The balcony was screened-in as we expected due to other Trip Advisor reviews. The complex was celebrating 10 years and overall it was in great shape.

It was a short walk to the beach or to Hemingway’s restaurant. The restaurant is good and not just beach food. Nothing is cheap on Provo but Hemingway’s location, layout and service was good value. There are roughly 28 thatched palapas on the beach and we were able to get one by 9am each day. The usual towels were laid on many but the humans did not show until after lunch. We could check out four towels for two people and that was great. The towel stand was not obnoxious about the return of towels so some people got lazy and left them on the beach where staff would collect them at 5pm.

WiFi in the room had some quirks but there is an IT person on site and the Ipad2 worked well during our entire stay. Housekeeping was done each day by lunchtime but we were out or on the beach and had no conflicts. Fresh towels each day even though we heeded the “conserve water” signs and hung up our towels. Oh well. We tipped $10 every other day and that may have helped the timing of the cleaning.

We are not rich travelers but the room and the grounds were the best we have used and that includes three moderate cost trips to Hawaii. Check out was fast and there were no hidden/surprise charges.

Room Tip: AMEX upgraded us or the property did.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sands at Grace Bay? Share your experiences!