“Relaxing stay at Sibonne” 4 of 5 stars

Sibonne Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales   |
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
San Francisco, CA
“Relaxing stay at Sibonne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at Sibonne for a total of six days and couldn't have been happier. The property is small and quiet - the rooms are of decent size, comfortably appointed, with plenty of hot water, storage and air conditioning. Safety boxes are provided at no additional charge, and rooms have small refrigerators. There is a small pool, an outdoor shower, and beach access to Grace Bay - one of the most beautiful beaches anywhere. Our reservations process was somewhat complicated - we were originally booked at a sister hotel in Turtle Cove that was sold, and we had multiple parties coming in on different dates. When we were informed that we would be transferred over, the staff at Sibonne were helpful and courteous throughout the process. We upgraded to ocean view - these rooms are upstairs with views of the ocean from the small furnished balconies. The staff are very friendly - one man walked us around the small garden and showed us some of the lovely plants and the curly tailed lizards.
The on-site restaurant, Bay Bistro, is well known on the island and is considered by many to be one of the best. Breakfast/lunch are reasonably priced, while dinners ran about $35 a plate. The food was fresh and creative and well worth the price.
If you are looking for a big fancy resort with all the bells and whistles, this is not the place for you. If you want a clean, quiet, safe small place to relax, I would recommend Sibonne. I would go back tomorrow if I could!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms cost a bit more, but you have a small balcony that overlooks the garden, and you can...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights in October 2013 at Sibonne and loved it! We are not ones for a big hotel and Sibonne was just what we were looking for. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. The pool was right around the corner from our room. However, there is no need to use the pool as the beach is RIGHT THERE!! It was nice to be able to walk right out of our rooms and down to the absolutely beautiful beach. The staff is friendly and accommodating and Bay Bistro restaurant is delicious. Be sure and try one of Junior's mango mojitos!

Room Tip: We stayed in a first floor room as it was a bit less expensive. The room has a nice veranda with ta...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have visited Sibonne on three occasions and upon each week-long visit...it just keeps getting better. The people of the Turks & Caicos are friendly, helpful and always considerate. The Hotel is clean, comfortable and everything is in great working order. This is NOT an all inclusive facility but is well appointed for everything you may need. The staff, from maintenance to cleaning personnel are always helpful and do a fantastic job! The location is the best on the entire 12 mile section of Grace Bay and has one of the top places to eat....Bay Bistro. We will continue to stay annually at Sibonne and enjoy its people, locale, and the beautiful Grace Bay.
Recommendation: Rent a car and visit the island as well as taking the fairy to North Caicos and visiting Middle Caicos (Day long venture) the other islands are a great way to see how life should be lived.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vieques
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

As meeting planners, my wife & I stay in lots of luxury hotels. Our snorkel/dive instructor booked our class into the Si-bone-a and we consider it a great find among no-frills hotels. Clean, comfortable, everything working, friendly staff -- on the beach. We enjoyed feeling that we were in a bed-and-breakfast rather than a crowded "factory" hotel with $30 buffet breakfasts. Overlooking Grace Bay is the restaurant-- the best surprise -- with a fabulous, tasty menu created by a chef from France! Be comfortable in staying here.

Room Tip: We liked the second-floor rooms -- they have porches.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Richardson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in Room 208 for 4 nights and 109 for 3 nights due to an injury that continued to get worse. The first morning I got up and was so excited about going to the beautiful Grace Bay Beach to put our towels (which are thin and ragged) on two chairs. When going down the stairs, I landed hard on my right foot because the last step is about a 1/3 larger than all other steps. After limping in pain for a few days, I finally went to the island doctor to have it looked at. One of my metatarsal bones fractured from the impact. CAUTION! The stairs are not marked in anyway to let you know this. Steps are suppose to be designed equal distance apart. Since I do aerobics 2 hours daily, this made my trip very disappointing. The water and beaches are beautiful and I was able to painfully get to water and after getting a boot from doctor, wear it down to ocean, remove, and then swim. If you expect a U.S. style hotel, forget it. Bay Bistro is wonderful as well as bar area. Junior is a fabulous bartender as well as his drinks! Get what you pay for in case of hotel, and then some! Sorry to submit such a bad review, but I am now stranded at home with no exercise in my near future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mishawaka, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We just returned from our 10 night stay at the Sibonne and have no complaints. Marie handled our reservations (plus 4 other rooms for our guests) from beginning to end. I had lots of questions about the island and she was always prompt in her response.
The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and everyone in our party thought the same. The hotel is steps from the beach and if you get tired of the salty water, there is a nice, but small pool you can use as well. We actually used it more than we thought we would. We had a younger child with us and he preferred the pool. The beach is amazing! You can snorkel from right outside the hotel and see some pretty cool things. It really can't be beat!
If the resort life is for you, this still might be for you! I'm a Hilton girl and don't like to be uncomfortable at all - this place is great! There is a mini fridge in every room. We made a trip to the grocery store several times and bought stuff to make sandwiches, fruit, etc to save on the cost of going out to eat. There are two stores, the Graceway Gourmet is closest and easier to get to, and IGA, is still close, but you would definitley need a car. We had a car, but some of our guests rented bikes and rode the the Graceway Gourmet.
I'm not sure why people have mentioned the staff being anything other than friendly, I thought they were great. I went to them several times with questions about locations of restaurants, etc and they were always helpful. Every time we went to exchange our beach towels, they would ask how things were going, ask about the wedding, etc. Everyone we encountered working for the Sibonne, from the front desk, to the cleaning staff, to the guys who took care of the property were always ready to greet us and help with any questions we had.

Places to try: Bay Bistro - We were married right outside the hotel/restaurant on the beach. Bay Bistro set up a tent and handled our wedding dinner. The food is amazing!! We also dined with them for breakfast and lunch on a couple of occasions for both and thought it was great! The staff were friendly and they have really good ice cream :)
Pizza Pizza - in the Salt Mills/Ports of Call area very close to the hotel. Good and affordable.
Mango Reef - at the Alexandra, about 3 hotels down and a nice beach walk from the Sibonne. Delicious!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203 which seems to be the largest other than the apartment. It is "ocean view...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have wanted to go to Turks and Caicos ever since I heard Kelly Ripa talk about it years and years ago on Regis and Kelly. We have traveled to Hawaii several times and taken cruises, but we always thought Turks and Caicos was out of reach financially. As our 25th anniversary was approaching, I started thinking about how TCI was really where I wanted to go. I got an e-mail from CheapCaribbean.com, and I found the package that included the Sibonne'. I thought it sounded too good to be true to be right on Grace Bay Beach at that price point. I did some reading on Trip Advisor, and the reviews made me think this was the place.

Now, it is definitely not for everyone. If you like fancy and big beautiful rooms with luxurious appointments, you will be disappointed. The Sibonne' is like stepping back in time. There are only 20 something rooms, there are only two stories, no fancy lobby, and no elevator. However, the rooms are clean, cool, and comfortable. We stayed in Room 203 which was ocean view, and I posted the view from our room. It had an additional sitting room attached, so we were able to spread out a little. This also gave us an extended balcony with table, chairs, and a lounge. Don't expect a lot of privacy on the balconies because of the lattice separators; it didn't bother us at all. We didn't sit out there much b/c we could take an extra minute and sit on the beach. I did drink my coffee and protein shake out there each morning:) The king size bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows. The mini fridge was just what we needed. We had planned to eat all meals out but breakfast, so it was perfect. We had two nice TVs, but we only turned them on twice.

Here's the deal. I wanted to stay somewhere that I could roll out of bed at and be at the beach in under a minute. Come on! It's Grace Bay! I did not plan on sitting at a pool at all. In Kauai, fancy resorts and gorgeous pools were important because there were so few hotels on an actual swimmable beach. We had to travel to get to different beaches.... which I loved. But this time, I planned to spend all but sleeping and eating time either traveling the island, snorkeling, or laying/reading by the beach and getting in the water when I got hot. The water. Wow. Never seen anything like it. The ocean WAS our pool. Very little waves. Crystal clear, shallow, sandy, no sea weed or rocks. At any rate, we just needed somewhere to sleep, and the Sibonne more than met our expectations. Had it been inland, no way. But its location is perfect.

The beach is wide and uncrowded at the hotel. I could look right toward the Sands or left toward Sommerset and see a lot of crowds on the beach and in the water. There is quite a bit of space between the Siboonne and those two. They are not right next door. You'll see the pics I took that show there were very few people on the hotel beach or in the water. It felt so private and special. We also brought our own ice chest and stocked up on beer, water, and adult beverages when we arrived. We loved being able to sit and drink and not have to wait for a server or go to a bar. We had our toes in the water, hineys in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold drink in our hands..... the whole time.

Now we did do a half day snorkel trip, and we did rent a car for a day to explore the island. On that day we went to Chalk Sound and Sapadilla Bay as well as explored Blue Hills. We walked to all restaurants except when we had lunch at Las Brisas on Chalk Sound (don't miss that!) and we drove to Sharkbite. Go ahead and skip that. Bad choice on our part. We took a taxi to Coco Bistro which was a beautiful place with outstanding food. Of course, Bay Bistro on the Sibonne property is one of the best on the island, and we ate there three times. Their breakfast is very reasonable, although we only did it once for Sunday brunch,

Stacey at the front desk was very helpful and made calls for us to restaurants and to taxis. The other hotel staff were very friendly if we spoke first. The housekeeping ladies were very sweet and were tickled pink with their tips each day.

Our only negative experience was late on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. There is a public park next to the hotel, and of course the beach is public. That is no problem except that both days a rowdy crowd of young people (different people each day) barged up and sat right next to us on the lounges and under the umbrellas. Mind you we had been experiencing VERY quiet days. No kids, few adults. Paradise. These people were very disrespectful, loud, obnoxious, drinking people who had no consideration for anyone but themselves. Fine if you want to sit up there, but not so fine that you ruined our time. Thankfully it was later in the day both times, so we finally just went to our room. I think it would have been better had I known that was a possibility. We would have rented our car on Saturday to explore. It only happened on the weekend, and I think it only happens at the Sibonne because it has so few guests on the beach at a time. The hotel representative said that it is a complex situation with the locals and that a confrontation might make it worse. That's really too bad. Hopefully what we experienced does not happen often. Again, there was none of that during the week.

When we return to TCI with our three daughters (no plans, but I am speaking positively) we will stay somewhere else unless we can reserve the beach apartment b/c we'll need a kitchen so we can eat more meals in. However, when my husband and I return alone again, we will most definitely book at the Sibonne. It was just so perfect for us. People talk about how Grace Bay is getting too touristy and built up, but as long as the Sibonne stays around, you'll feel secluded in paradise.

TIPS:

Bring snacks and an ice chest if you can fit them in your suitcase.

Bring a blow up raft to float on. I bought a cheap one before I left and then left it there.

We bought a Nikon Coolpix waterproof, wi-Fi camera. Worth the investment.

Bring a back up camera or battery if you do a snorkel trip. We loved Island Vibes!

Use Majestic Taxi - Leonard or Antionette. Awesome people! 649-343-3840
www.majestictaxisandtours.com

The hotel uses actual KEYS not key cards. Be sure to leave them in the room so youdon't get to the airport with them in your pocket. OOPS. Or if you do, I hope you used Majestic b/c Antoinette came back and got them and took them back to hotel for us:)

If you get a lot of tips from the forums on here, which I recommend, be sure to print it all out. In the past, I always relied on pulling posts like directions up on my cell phone, but I only used my phone at the hotel where there is free wi-Fi. When traveling the island I didn't have access. We got lost a few times because of that. There is an island map, but some beaches are just tricky to find!

Don't put car keys in your checked baggage! We learned that the hard way when we got to Dallas and had to drive home to OKC. Our bags arrived four afters after us, and we had to wait. Bummer. Yes, we have key issues.

Enjoy your trip and remember my father's famous vacation quote: "We did not come here to save money or lose weight!"

Room Tip: There's really not a bad room unless you have one of the two right by the front that don't h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sibonne Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!